What's new

Should we opt for the ICBM?

Yes just like you imported agni missile from russia and painted it in india :lol:
We don,t china we are self sufficient.

Hi my friend!
Its been such a long time I wrote a reply on this forum.So here I begin-
From the very outset I would like to make a couple of things very clear(as I am someone in this field).
1)Agni-1 and Agni-2 are directly based on SLV design of ISRO that itself was based on american scout rocket,However Agni-3,4,4* and 5 are all DRDL(ASL) designed system right from RV to flex nozzles.
2)Unlike pakistan,india did NOT get very extensive help in IRBM development- however ISRO did get help from various countries in technologies ranging from GNC,composites to even liquid engines(our vikas engines are based on european viking-again,vikas will be replaced by much more powerful semi cryogenic engines that are 100% our own design in very near future)
3)Unlike pakistan indian ICBMs use very novel technologies like TVC and RCS- there are talks of using even aerospikes!
believe me K-4 missile is as sophisticated as any chinese misile and the under-development AGNI-6 missile will be able to carry 3 MIRVs to a distance of 6000-8000kms and my colleges say it can easily do 10,000+kms with a single warhead

Why exactly do we need ICBM's? We have no ambitions of projecting our power on a global basis as of yet meaning we should focus on improving the capabilities of our shorter range missiles.
Deterrence perhaps?

I believe getting a stealthy nuclear submarine right now is most crucial for pakistan nuclear deterrence and that,s even more important than getting a ICBM.You know it,s quite scary for america to think about some stealthy nuclear armed submarine hiding near new york city.

And then what? Play your nuclear blackmail game with the US?

And then what? Play your nuclear blackmail game with the US?
Blackmail is a cheap word which only america use .We just like other countries should be on defensive not offensive.Then we will be able to keep america away from our borders and that bombing to stone age threats etc simply won,t exist.

Blackmail is a cheap word which only america use .We just like other countries should be on defensive not offensive.Then we will be able to keep america away from our borders and that bombing to stone age threats etc simply won,t exist.

Why does America threaten you with bombing?

Post 9/11, America asked for Pakistani cooperation to track down Bin Laden and smash Al qaeda. That was the context of the "bombing to stone age threat". Where was Bin laden found?

So in effect, what you are saying is that the nuclear blackmail will prevent America from forcing Pakistan to stop harbouring terrorists.

My dear friend, and how exactly will Pakistan with all her industrial might, design a nuclear submarine? Especially when Pakistan hasn't even designed a single energy reactor past?

ICBM is a bad idea for Pakistan.

The reason most nations maintain armed forces is defense against foreign attack. This is gauged by both intent and capability. The sad fact is Pakistan is looked upon by many not as a steady ally but as a betrayer: of friends, of international law, of human rights, of agreements between leaders. Thus Pakistan wielding ICBMs will be considered quite differently from nations like the U.S. or Russia: it will be seen more as a potential North Korea.

Thus, increasing the range of Pakistani missiles will not increase Pakistan's security but instead widen the circle of Pakistan's adversaries, decreasing security.

Be ready for AGNI-VI
Operational range-8000 to 12000 kms
Manufacturer- DRDO & BHARAT DYNAMICS LIMITED
Now see why india need agni 6 when they already developed agni 5 to counter china?

Post 9/11, America asked for Pakistani cooperation to track down Bin Laden and smash Al qaeda. That was the context of the "bombing to stone age threat". Where was Bin laden found?

So in effect, what you are saying is that the nuclear blackmail will prevent America from forcing Pakistan to stop harboring terrorists.
That so called war on terror was not ours in the first place.We have been dragged in that mess.
And the whole world knows we have have fought against terrorism better than everyone else in this pak afghan region.
As far as that bin laden hoax is concerned that,s just a drama to get a ticket out of Afghanistan as in that grave yard of empires they were fighting against the rocks.Nothing happens without a solid proof.If today you claim you have killed dawood ibrahim inside pakistan without showing any proof no one will believe you.
So yes those threats were not for making us stop harboring the terrorist created by american s those threats were kind of a blackmail and to stop that blackmail we reserve the right to make a ICBM.
My dear friend, and how exactly will Pakistan with all her industrial might, design a nuclear submarine? Especially when Pakistan hasn't even designed a single energy reactor past?
The work on nuclear submarine is on it,s way.That,s a project we have in place.
We have expertise in nuclear reactors

Nuclear power in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I can understand as a indian you have a natural tendency to hate pakistan and talking through your rear end when something comes about pakistan.
Just keep your views unbiased.

What MIRV?
It,s not a question of a launch platform.It,s a question of a more range which comes with agni 6 .So with the range of 10,000 kms is not india making enemies? They don,t need 10,000 km range to counter china.But when pakistan makes an ICBM we will make enemies lol.Hypocrites

What MIRV?
It,s not a question of a launch platform.It,s a question of a more range which comes with agni 6 .So with the range of 10,000 kms is not india making enemies? They don,t need 10,000 km range to counter china.But when pakistan makes an ICBM we will make enemies lol.Hypocrites
Range is no longer a requirement for India, its a choice. Reliable deterrence requires mobile canisterised assets with MIRV capability, which Agni-VI provides.

Coming to your demand of giving Pakistan the same capability, try looking in your nation's pockets, worries & the enemies you wish to make.

My dear friend ,I as a research scholar,believe in established proofs,and quite frankly Pakistan Doesn't even manufacture basic things like gas generators,pressurizers,turbines and allied control to begin with.And no wiki article isntT a reliable source.TRY asking people inn your nuclear energy sector and they'll tell you where Pakistan stands

Not just MIRVs, but a host of other improvements ranging from
1)extensive usage of composites in 1st stage itself replacing maraging steel
2) light weight REACTION CONTROL SYSTEM made up of titanium alloys
3)Increased chamber pressure
4)MEMS based actuators
5)astronavigation
Using above mentioned techniques they're planning to enhance payload to 3-6MIRVs and navigation

I'd also like to point out that all of India's strategic missiles are manufactured by ASL and not BDL as someone wrongly pointed.BDL manufactures other normal missiles like akash, etc.

That so called war on terror was not ours in the first place.We have been dragged in that mess.

Pakistan, being the principle supporter of the Taliban which was sheltering bin Laden, was always at the epicenter of the War on Terror. This fact was borne out in Abbotabad. It also happened to be the principle training ground for terrorists before and immediately post 9/11, another reason placing it at the center of the War. You can revise history all you want, no one will believe you. Keep fooling yourself.

And the whole world knows we have have fought against terrorism better than everyone else in this pak afghan region.

The only people who are to blame as much for the spread of terrorism as much as Pakistan are the Saudis and the Americans. So "fighting" the monster you yourself unleashed upon the world is no favour to anyone. At best you can call out the hypocrisy and double-dealing of the Saudis and Americans of having abandoned Pakistan after using it as a pawn.

As far as that bin laden hoax is concerned that,s just a drama to get a ticket out of Afghanistan as in that grave yard of empires they were fighting against the rocks.Nothing happens without a solid proof.If today you claim you have killed dawood ibrahim inside pakistan without showing any proof no one will believe you.

So bin Laden was a hoax? And you expect to be taken seriously? What proof would be enough for you, considering the whole world accepted that the operation did occur? All you can come up with are conspiracy theories, and you think that will exculpate the fact that he was found under Pakistani shelter? Did anyone claim that Dawood is dead? Why are you trying to distract attention?

So yes those threats were not for making us stop harboring the terrorist created by american s those threats were kind of a blackmail and to stop that blackmail we reserve the right to make a ICBM.

So, in other words, you want ICBMs to defend against American threats to deal with militants trained in Pakistan and using it as a base.

The work on nuclear submarine is on it,s way.That,s a project we have in place.

Please stop deluding yourself. If and when you do get a nuclear submarine, it will be Chinese. Don't worry, China will let you claim that it is "indigenous", just as it did with the missiles, because it doesn't want pressure for violating non-proliferation regimes.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom