What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
@asad71

You wield a brush that is broad to the point of heroism. Why you should assume that this territory is 'yours' is beyond me, but I readily concede the point, and have no hesitation in agreeing that you are right. I am glad to have received your explanation, and shall treasure this moment all my life - the rest of it.

@asad71

You wield a brush that is broad to the point of heroism. Why you should assume that this territory is 'yours' is beyond me, but I readily concede the point, and have no hesitation in agreeing that you are right. I am glad to have received your explanation, and shall treasure this moment all my life - the rest of it.

As we would say, LOLWA!

The nerve, to claim a fellow Bihari, born and died in Old Magadh as his kin by any association. Well we've found one thing where everyone from the Kurmis to the Yadavs to the Ranvir Sena morons will unite upon, to stump his (asad) head over.

The organisation in my avatar is responsible for this.

1.Thank you. My concept of our habitat/homeland is the territory lying east of the Rajmahal Hills. This is the sovereign kingdom we had lost at Palassy. In ancient history Pataliputra (Patna) was our political capital and cultural center. The delta was largely unpopulated and covered with dense forest and wild animals. Gautama was our prince. Kalidas was ours. So was Chanokya. Aryabhata was a son of this soil.The Guptas, Nandas, Mauryas, Haryankas were dynasties that based in this land.Sher Shah Suri had made Sasaram our capital from where he had practically annexed the whole of Northern Hindustan.
INDIC
2.Urdu has been ousted from BD - almost physically.However, it has been installed as a state language in P/bangla.

You missed to add Napoleon Bonaparte also as an ancestral Bangladeshi.

A hopeless thread has turned into an excellent academic thread. Bookmarked.

Thanks, in large part, to @kalu_miah and his rude friend. These two have a range of reading and knowledge that is very good to read.

Problem: how to get the jingos (of both sides) to bug out and stay home?

1.Thank you. My concept of our habitat/homeland is the territory lying east of the Rajmahal Hills. This is the sovereign kingdom we had lost at Palassy. In ancient history Pataliputra (Patna) was our political capital and cultural center. The delta was largely unpopulated and covered with dense forest and wild animals. Gautama was our prince. Kalidas was ours. So was Chanokya. Aryabhata was a son of this soil.The Guptas, Nandas, Mauryas, Haryankas were dynasties that based in this land.Sher Shah Suri had made Sasaram our capital from where he had practically annexed the whole of Northern Hindustan.
INDIC
2.Urdu has been ousted from BD - almost physically.However, it has been installed as a state language in P/bangla.
Bangladeshis have no claim to the Maurayas, Nandas, Guptas, Haryankas, Chanakaya, or Sher Shah Suri.

Bangladeshis have no claim to the Maurayas, Nandas, Guptas or Sher Shah Suri.

Huh? Sez who? the organisation in your avatar? Bug out, idiot; this is for high brows and high brow idiots, and we have enough of both types.

Huh? Sez who? the organisation in your avatar? Bug out, idiot; this is for high brows and high brow idiots, and we have enough of both types.
Before resorting to personal attacks, please tell me what the individuals or Empires I mentioned have in common with the people who inhabit Bangladesh?

This thread has turn into Raja Bhoj vs Gangu Teli kind of debate.

I don't think you are being fair. At least two of the Bangladeshis are heavyweights. They really know their stuff.

Thanks, in large part, to @kalu_miah and his rude friend. These two have a range of reading and knowledge that is very good to read.

Problem: how to get the jingos (of both sides) to bug out and stay home?

My heartiest gratitude to @kalu_miah for introducing me to such a fascinating book by Eaton. I have gone through few pages and it's my misfortune that being a Bengali myself I have missed this excellent piece of research work. My bad.

This thread has turn into Raja Bhoj vs Gangu Teli kind of debate. :omghaha::omghaha:

No, Indic. Kalu has produced some brilliant arguments.

Before resorting to personal attacks, please tell me what the individuals or Empires I mentioned have in common with the people who inhabit Bangladesh?

Oh, that.

Nothing. Nothing at all. Now, if you're going to get anal about facts..............

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom