What's new

Should PN go for,Chinese Type 056 Corvettes ?

PN seriously lacks surface combatants.........Type 21s are joke. They were taken out by Argentine A4s in 1982.......this is 2012.......30 years....WTF!

TARIQ CLASS ARMAMENTS

• 1 × Vickers 4.5 in (114 mm)/55 Mk.8 AS/AA gun (25rds/min to 22km/11.9nmi)
• 1 × Vulcan 20 mm Phalanx CIWS (3000rds/min to 1.5km)
• Harpoon SSMs
• LY-60 SAMs
• Wire-guided Bofors Type 43 torpedoes
• Mark 46 torpedoes

Type 21 ARMAMENTS

1 x 4.5 in (114 mm) Vickers Mark 8 gun
2 x 20 mm Oerlikon guns (later increased to 4)
1 x 4-rail launcher for GWS-24 Sea Cat
2 x 8-barrelled Knebworth Corvus countermeasures launchers
later additions;
4 x launchers for MM38 Exocet surface-surface missiles
2 x 12.75" (324mm) 3-tube STWS-1 anti-submarine torpedo launchers

Upgradations and installments by PN in Tariq class have increased their capability , They are still useful in case of war.:pop:

These Type 056 Corvettes without sea to air defensive system like FM-90N SAM launcher are sitting ducks. F-22P has sea to air defensive system FM-90N SAM launcher but frankly to say for Frigarte of such a class this system does'nt selected on merit or keeping in view the needs of Pak Navy and modern technological advancements; without a good medium range sea to air defensive system F-22P are useless without argumentation for which role they going to be use defensive and offensive, while they have to remain in open see 24 hours a day, fighter jets cannot provide cover round the clock and their main role is to controle and defend pakistan's sea supply root all this cannot be done without a good air defence Sea to air missle system.

the air defence on the f-22p is hardly ideal and the fm-90n used by the plan for a long time was considered a weakness until rectified by the vls systems on the 054A and the 052C. and frankly the sino-sea ram on board the 056, though not a very long ranged sam, will give the fm-90n a run for its money any day of the week

The Type 056 should be useful to replace PN's current aged coastal defence, while the Type 054A is the true deal as the first step for Pakistan to acquire the technologies of the air defence warship like the VLS units, AESA radar, electromagnetic compatibility, ship propulsion like CODAD, etc.

I think China will most likely provide the best deal for the technological transfer to Pakistan in the next 5 years.

With everything as expected, i think by 2020s, Pakistan should be able to indigenous design and to build the frigate like Type 054A/B, and by 2030s, it can indigenously master the technology like Type 052D as China is building right now.

No, it should not!! Instead, PN should spend to develop air to air and air to sea capabilities.
My P.O.V: PN has some surface and anti-sub capability, but doesn't have a good air defense; it relies on PAF. Why should 1/2 PAF squadrons be bound to PN? Why not PN get J10B or JF 17 and make up thier own fighting wing with the help of PAF, and it is also high time PN got a decent air base outside Karachi.:bounce:

No, it should not!! Instead, PN should spend to develop air to air and air to sea capabilities.
My P.O.V: PN has some surface and anti-sub capability, but doesn't have a good air defense; it relies on PAF. Why should 1/2 PAF squadrons be bound to PN? Why not PN get J10B or JF 17 and make up thier own fighting wing with the help of PAF, and it is also high time PN got a decent air base outside Karachi.:bounce:

Other than MPAs, this is the responsibility of PAF to cater it and they are doing it just Okie.

Other than MPAs, this is the responsibility of PAF to cater it and they are doing it just Okie.

just okay can be improved to very good/excellent, and finally no compromise on quality practices make all the difference. PAF is already stretched (they will provide CAS/air cover to PA too). If you consider only Karachi, you are right, but over sea? In a modern war, more ships might become liability without air cover over Arabian Sea: resources should be channelized to that sector. Looking at the modern war history, I think PN needs a few stealthy FACs + 2 squadrons armed with BVR A2A and anti ship missiles operating from 3 airbases. :coffee:
Moreover, PN air arm should be responsible to keep Indian aircraft carrier off PN fleet. Lest it should wreak havoc with these corvettes!!

just okay can be improved to very good/excellent, and finally no compromise on quality practices make all the difference. PAF is already stretched (they will provide CAS/air cover to PA too). If you consider only Karachi, you are right, but over sea? In a modern war, more ships might become liability without air cover over Arabian Sea: resources should be channelized to that sector. Looking at the modern war history, I think PN needs a few stealthy FACs + 2 squadrons armed with BVR A2A and anti ship missiles operating from 3 airbases. :coffee:
Moreover, PN air arm should be responsible to keep Indian aircraft carrier off PN fleet. Lest it should wreak havoc with these corvettes!!

You can Buy some Good Type 23 Frigates from British.... They will be adding much Bigger Punch

Wonderful thread , if we had 10 of these ships these would be wonderful support units and also for coast guard like operations Great suppliment to our Frigate force at sea

I think for every Frigate in our force we should have 2-3 accompanying Corvettes
in formation

Ideally 12 Frigates should have at least 18 Corvettes in Pakistan Navy 6 coastal duties and 12 out at sea visiting neighbouring countries or perhaps Pakistan Navy should perhaps part 1 ship around Turkey and 1 in Sudan and 1 in Iran

should we first focus on protecting what we have and gradually replacing the old stuff instead of parking on other ports. i can see future govt spending more and more money on air force and navy instead of army navy will get it fare share but as i have heard it is most corrupt and inefficient of all forces

How much do they cost? maybe pakistan can think of milgem class corvette? 2,300 tonne .

Can carry 8 harpoon missile , 21 Ram missile , and torpedoes.

Milgem class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(5).jpg

According to a CNN Türk news report on September 27, 2008, the navies of Canada, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ukraine and a number of South American countries have expressed interest in acquiring MİLGEM class warships.[18] The Pakistan Navy shows interest in acquiring four MİLGEM class corvettes over a 10-year program, of which three to be manufactured in local shipyards.[citation needed] On the 6th of April 2011, Indonesia and Turkey signed cooperation agreement on defense industry including the construction of two MİLGEM class corvettes for the Indonesian Navy.[19]

Its too expensive as a corvette, its too weak as a Frigates.
Do you Know F-22P's cost?

056 have FL-3000N like sam,its a good air defense to himself.
you must to care about cost.
et 1 Type 052C= 4 Type 054A = 8 F-22P = 16 type 056

ps type 056s weapon
1× FL-3000N 8-round SAM
torpedo x 6
2 x 30mm remote weapon systems,
1× AK-176 main gun
4 x C-803

After the inductions of FP 22 frigates the next goal or step for Pak Navy should be to go for Type 56. Pak Navy should be given importance & Pak navy seriously needs to think about getting modern subs as well.

Why dont they try to upgrade the air dfence of their ships in karachi shipyard?? This can be good for PN if they r not planning to retire old junk soon....

Anyway anyone has news about when PN getting it's 1st Qing class sub??

the air defence on the f-22p is hardly ideal and the fm-90n used by the plan for a long time was considered a weakness until rectified by the vls systems on the 054A and the 052C. and frankly the sino-sea ram on board the 056, though not a very long ranged sam, will give the fm-90n a run for its money any day of the week

hardely ideal states for???
well what is in F22/p for enemy flying junk??
i seriously dont have info..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom