What's new

Should Pakistan recognize Israel?

Should Pakistan recognize and establish better ties with Israel?

• Total voters
We should.....there is no point in not recognizing them when we don't even have a direct conflict with them and moreover Muslim countries are too developing ties with them. Musharraf was moving in the right direction.

We should never ever recognize them.
Reasons,
1)Recognizing them will mean we r justifying there actions against Palestinians,
2)So wat if the other muslims countries r accepting them.We r a independent nation.WE have r own foreign policy.(Note this is a theory of mine.I thk we have no foreign policy or any other policy for tht matter)
3)They cant be trusted.History proves this.They back stabbed the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and also the palestinians in 1948.
4)they respect no one especially MUSLIMS!!!.They attack other countries on the pretext of national security.Eg sudan caravan,syria nuclear site,Lebanon.

1)Recognizing them will mean we r justifying there actions against Palestinians,

we recognise INDIA so we now justifying indian actions in kashmir?
we recognise USA so we justify IRAQ AFG?
we recognise RUSSIA so we justifying chechnia actions?

We should never ever recognize them.
Reasons,
2)So wat if the other muslims countries r accepting them.We r a independent nation.WE have r own foreign policy.(Note this is a theory of mine.I thk we have no foreign policy or any other policy for tht matter)
3)They cant be trusted.History proves this.They back stabbed the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and also the palestinians in 1948.
4)they respect no one especially MUSLIMS!!!.They attack other countries on the pretext of national security.Eg sudan caravan,syria nuclear site,Lebanon.

You are being very hypocritical here..

Imagine your Israel, a lonely Jewish Country in a sea of Islamic countries all hell bent on destroying you and one even taking a nuclear approach?? Would you not strike that nuclear facility down??

If there is one thing i like about Israel, thats the pro-active measures they take for defending themselves. Unlike Pakistan which is a Reactive nation which acts only when things happen Israel takes them out before things get out of control.. and to be quiet honest i like the a strong offence is the best defence approach as it clearly sends a message of being a strong regional power that won't be bullied with.

As far as the treatment of Palestinians go i don't think there is anyone on these boards who supports that. I think i speak for everyone when i say they MUST stop expanding those settlements, they must work towards a two state solution. I also recommend you watch the documentary i posted on the Military history section of this forum here on the Israel and Arab 1967 War

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...arab-israeli-history-channel-documentary.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ts-revenge-israels-war-1973-a.html#post389070

Last edited:
You are being very hypocritical here..

Imagine your Israel, a lonely Jewish Country in a sea of Islamic countries all hell bent on destroying you and one even taking a nuclear approach?? Would you not strike that nuclear facility down??

If there is one thing i like about Israel, thats the pro-active measures they take for defending themselves. Unlike Pakistan which is a Reactive nation which acts only when things happen Israel takes them out before things get out of control.. and to be quiet honest i like the a strong offence is the best defence approach as it clearly sends a message of being a strong regional power that won't be bullied with.

As far as the treatment of Palestinians go i don't think there is anyone on these boards who supports that. I think i speak for everyone when i say they MUST stop expanding those settlements, they must work towards a two state solution. I also recommend you watch the documentary i posted on the Military history section of this forum here on the Israel and Arab 1967 War

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...arab-israeli-history-channel-documentary.html
They can do this because USA and the whole Europe is on their back, who is on your back?

I would just like to add a historical analysis.

In the past when the Crusaders came during the 12-14th centuries, they managed to conquer Jerusalem and defeat Muslim hold there.

I remember during one of the Crusades (maybe 2nd) the Crusaders managed to hold Jerusalem and Palestine area for several decades, just as Israel does today. The Crusaders managed to build an army there, set up a society there, began to establish systems and institutions there as well.

But the Muslims of that time did not recognize them as a state.

What if Salahuddin al-Ayubbi took the same defeatist or comprise attitude as some people here today are taking. What if he said, you know they the Crusaders have held onto the land for several decades now, we should just recognize them or have a two-state solution, or maybe diplomacy.

And what if he said, maybe we should just give up and not wage Allah's Jihaad and defend the Muslim lands for our future children (us), defend them from Crusaders and Christian Europe, why don't we just let them have Jerusalem.

I'm glad Salahuddin did not make this mistake, and I'm glad and I am thankful to him and Allah that he made the right decision and did not accept the Crusader's occupation of Palestine area and Jerusalem.

Understand our Muslim ancestors also had this same debate, should they accept the Occupiers in Palestine and recognize them as the new conquers and leaders of the Land. They gave us the ANSWER! NO! They said NO!

How about that...

Al-Jihaad Al-Jihaad Al-Jihaad!

Yes
afriend, Airboss, airbus, alirulesall123, brahmastra, Cheetah786, Durran3, EjazR, Energon, forcetrip, Hasnain2009, Infanteer, kidwaibhai, MastanKhan, mcuk2001, muse, notorious_eagle, Peace_maker, S-2, saadahmed, SecularHumanist, Sino-PakFriendship, TruthSeeker, WAR VICTOR, z9-ec

25 38.46%

So In fact I've spotted 6 Non-Pakistanis who voted. That makes the Yes Vote actually 19* not 25.

I would like to confess that I am not a Pakistani. Therefore my vote should not count. So, "actually" the vote is 18* not 25.....We do not want there to be "democracy" here among PDF posters, do we?? Perish the thought.

I would like to confess that I am not a Pakistani. Therefore my vote should not count. So, "actually" the vote is 18* not 25.....We do not want there to be "democracy" here among PDF posters, do we?? Perish the thought.

No it is alright if you vote that is fine do as you wish your vote is interesting too.

But this poll will be decided by Pakistanis, and this issue must be decided by Pakistanis in regards to "Should Pakistan recognize and establish better ties with Israel?"

I hope you don't mind us defining, debating, and deciding our own destiny and future plans,

ASq

No one has argued that Israeli policies in Gaza and elsewhere are praise worthy --

BUT by the criteria you have laid, should Pakistan have relations with Saudi Arabia?? With Iran?? with India?? With Russia??

And what about in Pakistan itself?? And among the Ulema??

Sometimes on this forum, one really has to question the quality of education some members display - every manner of ridiculous argument is presented, backed up no less by verses of the Quran - is this not ideology over religion?? Is this not blasphemy?? Is this not obscene??

Ideology over Religion is a concoction by those who want to divide us,

The true Religion of Islam is the way of life, this way of life is not what is being depicted by Mullahs, that we should not shake hands with any non Muslims, that is not Islam.

These Mullahs have depicted very strange Islam in which if u pray 5 rimes a day, u are forgiven to do other things as u please, that is not true.

In my opinion Islam has two parts.

The part which is my duty to Allah S.W.T.

meaning to pray 5 times a day, to go for pilgrimage to mecca, to keep fast in the month of Ramadan and believe in oneness of Allah, to pay zakat.

The duties that I owe to the world and mankind including Muslims brothers.

That if i have enough money to perform pilgrimage and I see in my neighborhood people who have no food, or widow women cannot marry her daughters or a sick person cannot afford treatment, or in neighborhood/city country there is earth quake than I should give that money i saved for pilgrimage for that cause and Allah has said that he will give 5 times the sawab for haj, why we do not follow it, instead we all go to mecca and spend the money on traveling instead of helping out own as told to do so.

And the stories I have heard about treatment of Saudis that they give to Muslims, they are horror stories, If one believes them to be true, I have no way of confirming them, but they are too many to ignore, someone has to either refute them or correct the the problem if it is so. And that is true Islam.

In relations with Saudi Arabia, we must not let it happen the way Saudi want it, we must communicate to show them real Islam, in which the rule starts from top meaning the law is implemented on them first if it come to severe punishments, meaning that if they travel to Europe, they must adhere to Islamic values of living simply, no betting, no luxury rooms and no entourage of the expensive cars, etc etc.

with the money they must help Muslim umma and the first of the deserving one is Somalia.We as Muslims should work together to bring peace to that country by Islamic values of goodness, fairness and of helping the needy.

About terrorism, it raised its ugly head when we in stead of listening to voice of reason a the onslaught of Allies in to Afghanistan, we blindly accepted what ever they dished us out.

We should have as friends told them what we are telling them now, it is 5 years late.

Israel being proactive is only a myth, if our leader listen to the voice of people instead listen to the foreigner and do what is interest not Pakistan, and further more our leaders including Mrs Bhutto went to U.S for instructions when coming to Pakistan last time, what is that, she should have come to Pakistan first, and back the policies that her people ask and want. and NOT others.

Israel dictate U.S., we follow their dictates, we have to stand our own two feet and do what is right for Pakistan and not others.

Mind u i totally disagree with her assassination and I think it was like other assassinations and we will never know who did it, as we do not know who killed our first Prime minister.

We have done fantastic in past three decades to help west by fighting Russians in Afghanistan and than riding us of Taliban, but our leaders have lost all the gains we made by their inability to expand on that.

For example Gen. Zia, should have asked for all the losses we incurred fighting Russians meaning the loss of life payments. Infrastructure underdevelopment due to war for allies, which would have come trillions rather than 4 billion.

Gen. Musharraf did the same thing, did not asked for enough compensation and jumped into the war cause by Terrorism in U.S. and guess who were all those accused terrorist, All Saudis, how come we and Afghanistan is paying the price of it, I know u will tell me that bin laden was in Afghanistan, but previously we have captured fugitives for U.S.who escaped to Afghanistan two or more times, why did we get involved in killing innocents. Rather we should have helped catch the culprit as we did before.

We did not have the tacts and facts and were not confidant enough to tell the truth for the sake of us and our allies.

Our school system did not develop due to all of money spent on war, our business did not flourish due to the same war,

to prove to you the facts take a look at the development pre and post war in Pakistan and u will know.

U talk about lonely Israel in midst of jackals, u r wrong sir, Israel has an Army devolved by U.S. with modern arms to the teeth, showing a strength of one million, when its population is only 6 million, all the equipment is free from U.S.

On the other hand Arab Pay a premium price and get arms that are second hand, and the training by U.S. personal and all the info is passed to Israel.

Watch this.

If Arab do not understand it, how would they have the clue about fighting an enemy who is trained by the very entity who would want to u not to win.

Israel in itself is nothing as we the Pakistan proved it that if there is a well trained adversary they will have tough time winning the war.. we the Pakistanis have proved it in 1972 war when our pilots went to Syria and the rest is the history.

So in my opinion we must teach Arabs how to buy Arms, how to train, how to develop its forces and its businesses, how to educate its population. How to industrialize and how to apply real Islam and not the concoction they have cooked up.

Tell me anyone"Was prophet Mohammad a sunny, a shia ans or Wahhabi, no he was a Muslim.

On education even we have failed, but there are experts among us who are put on the back burners by these politicians to blow their own horn to be in position and help themselves and not their country.

So the saying goes.

THINK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, THINK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea but in this poll i was expecting a whitewash , atleast from our fellow Muslims.

I see this as a positive development, more and more people adapting secular views instead of blind support for the sake of religion. Like one the members said "its a pan-Arabic" issue and we're not arabs. Let them deal with it and not get involved".

Draw a paralell with Kashmir (our Palestine) and see what arabs have done for us in this regard? Why don't they show same love, respect and support for our Kashmiri muslim brothers? :coffee:

Last edited:
Asq

Thank you for your post - it was not as well organized as it might have been - so I'm confused - it seems you think the purpose of foreign policy is to impart Islam upon others - this may give us some insight.

You were asked if we should employ your critreria to relations with Saudi Arabia, Iran and in particular to Ulema. You have respond witht he usual "this is not real Islam" stuff - If today people are confused between the so called "real Islam" and the other "Real islam"(s) who is to blame for that but "real" muslims - anway lets look at the substance :

In relations with Saudi Arabia, we must not let it happen the way Saudi want it, we must comunicate to show them real Islam, m in which the rule starts from top meaning the law is implemented on them first if it come to svere punishments, meaning that if they treval to europe, they must adhere to Islamic values of living simply, no beting, not luxury rooms and no entourage of the expensive cars, etc etc

More "real Islam", sir?

Neo

You would want diplomatic recognition withdrawn from India till they withdraw from Kashmir? If nort, how do you justify your position?

Neo

You would want diplomatic regonition withdrawn from India till they withdraw from Kashmir? If nort, how do you justify your position?

No Sir, my views concern the lack of arab support for Kashmir only. All Arab countries including the Palestina have diplomatic ties with India yet they expect us to support their cause in case of Israel.

I'm all for "Pakistan comes First" policy. If only these arabs would boycot Indian products in favor of Pakistani exports I'd say we're gaining from our current stance of not recognising Israel. But that is not the case, in fact our anti-zionist position has brought India and Israel (read USA) much closer.

So far we've gained nothing!!!

Back
Top Bottom