What's new

Should India go for F-35?

yay or nay

• Total voters
hahahh well that is hell of a patience they got there :D

but i guess It would be great to see a Dog fight between F-35 and Rafale :D
Rafale will outmaneuver that fat thing in no time. F-35 is not designed for dog fight :disagree:

The F 35 program is a DISASTER.

The cost and time overruns are massive, and new defects are being found on a regular basis.

The F 35 program makes the Tejas program look good.

dude , i dont know much about Fighters ,but i think Rafale is better than J-10B ... only one thing can not make a Bird superior ... its not that i am underestimating but what i read on PDF rafale is better ..
Sir, you are wrong. DSI is the only thing that matter. It is a technology from future. It makes plane stealthier, deadlier than anything known. A plane having DSI may not even need weapon.

My guess is our beloved Superboy (may be related to superman) is also from future. He is the one who understand it and has been repeating same on every chance he gets.

Here is what the F-35 really meant to be and to do...

Was the F-15 designed to be a 'multi-role' fighter ? No, it was not.

Was the F-16 designed to be a 'multi-role' fighter ? No, it was also -- not.

Have there ever been a 'multi-role' fighter that was designed from paper to be a 'multi-role' fighter ? We are not talking about experimental models but actually deployed weapons systems. Answer: No.

Every single fighter that is designated as 'multi-role' was an adaptation -- via tactical necessities -- from a dedicated platform to be 'multi-role', and every time an 'add-on' was added on, the platform's original capabilities degraded a little bit. The result: The F-15 and F-16 became famous 'multi-role' platforms but no one bemoaned their degraded capabilities.

The reason why the F-111 was a failed multi-role multi-service project was because the project's leadership, which composed of technical and non-technical people, both failed to understand and refused to acknowledge the necessary compromises dictated by the laws of physics upon the design. The result: The F-111 became the best tactical and strategic deep penetration small bomber in military aviation history.

In other words, the F-111 became a niche weapons platform, just like how the F-15 and F-16 originally were.

The critics said the F-35 failed to learn the lessons from the F-111. They are wrong. The F-35 absolutely learned from the F-111 project. The F-35 was designed from paper to be the equivalent of the Swiss knife -- a lot of tools in a mobile package. The F-35 was not designed to be a sniper, that is the F-22's job. The F-35 was not designed to be a bomber, that is the B-1's job. The F-35 was not designed to be a CAS fighter, that is the A-10's job. What the F-35 does is to take elements of highly specialized platforms and incorporate them into a mobile package with considerations for compromises that competing capabilities inevitably demands. It is the user's responsibility to be creative with the F-35's capabilities, not the other way around.

My signature said: 'Aera Vincere In Terram Suam' <=> 'Own The Air To Win The Ground'.

The F-35 is a component of the necessary air capabilities to achieve that goal -- own the air. The B-52 cannot do that. The B-52's job is to win the ground -- from the third dimension. The F-22's job is to clear the air so that the F-35 can maintain that clearance as well as help the ground forces win the ground. If at any point enemy air forces become too great for the F-35, then we will call in the snipers. If at any point enemy ground forces become too great for the limited bomb carrying capability of the F-35, then we will call in the heavies.

That is the point for the F-35.

Back
Top Bottom