What's new

Should I hire a car in Pakistan or get a driver?

I drove in Mirpur/AJK. Its not that hard. You have to just follow thier wierd non written rules.

They overtake all the time. They undertake. They don't check mirrors so they honk all the time. They tailgate and expect people to move out of the way.

Also there is a price based road hierarchy. Land cruiser drivers are at the top.

Most hire cars are under powered local corrollas. The new models are more powerful but don't expect anything brilliant.

Also they swerve around potholes and shine thier fullbeams all the time.
So, like the rest of Pakistan?

So, like the rest of Pakistan?
You know what - it's similar, but in the bigger cities the volume of it is so much more. Also i think the higher number of overseas makes it a bit better in Mirpur - but only slightly.

Mirpur is definitely easier to drive in compared to pindi or Lahore. World of difference I think.

Mirpur is definitely easier to drive in compared to pindi or Lahore. World of difference I think.

Lahore is terrible. Especially at night when you have the 16-25 year old poonders out in mass tire to tire trying to show off by changing lanes and wheelie-ing. You might hit them and it wouldn’t even be your fault. Who wants that headache?

Better not to hire a driver being a foreigner. Get a vehicle dont save money in this area. There have been a lot of incidents including foreign resident Pakistanis and hired drivers lately.
Rest is your decision.

Back
Top Bottom