What's new

Should General Raheel Sharif stay?

Wow, every thread becomes a bashing thread for Nawaz. Seriously, last thing Nawaz would want is another COAS. If few individuals can't see the relationship these two have developed maybe you guys should change the way you see things. We want to make our institutions stronger, so more COAS like him come forward. Stronger institutions will make our country achieve what it is capable of.

Last edited:
Gen shareef should not take any extension like kiyani
Shareef btother will try to spoil his reputation by offering him extension.
They cant spoil sh*t. Gen Raheel has proved his worth and no'one will dare do any consipiracies against him.

I think this man should stay. He is a true patriot and must stay till things stabilize. The thought of him leaving in a year makes me sad and I want him to take extension and stay in power one way or another. When I discuss it with friends they say even if offered extension he won't take it because it might put his credibility at stake. But no matter what I want him to stay atleast till CPEC is functional. Your thoughts?

Why where is he going

I think this man should stay. He is a true patriot and must stay till things stabilize. The thought of him leaving in a year makes me sad and I want him to take extension and stay in power one way or another. When I discuss it with friends they say even if offered extension he won't take it because it might put his credibility at stake. But no matter what I want him to stay atleast till CPEC is functional. Your thoughts?

Institutions matter, too much focus on individuals will only hurt in the long run. Gen.Kayani should not have been given an extension nor should he have accepted it, the same holds true for Gen. Shareef. There is too much drama in Pakistan around the CoAS's post, far better to have systems in place. As a example, look at the Indian CoAS's post. The current General is in office for a year & we have a good idea of who is successor will be. No lobbying, not drama, no fuss. Will do Pakistan a world of good to follow something similar.

Gen. Raheel is doing an excellent job. the whole Army is happy because of his efforts & hard work. Corrupt politicians do not want to see him any more & they want him to see him retire so that they can continue to do what they have been doing for years, harm Pakistan.

MQM, PMLN, PPP, JUI, ANP & others are dying to see him retire.

In my opinion he should stay because he doing an excellent job for Pakistan.

Why where is he going
He almost has a year of service left then he'll be gone.
Institutions matter, too much focus on individuals will only hurt in the long run. Gen.Kayani should not have been given an extension nor should he have accepted it, the same holds true for Gen. Shareef. There is too much drama in Pakistan around the CoAS's post, far better to have systems in place. As a example, look at the Indian CoAS's post. The current General is in office for a year & we have a good idea of who is successor will be. No lobbying, not drama, no fuss. Will do Pakistan a world of good to follow something similar.
There is difference between the ground situations in India and in Pakistan. Sometimes you have go an extra mileto make things better. I know institutions are more important than people but we're not in a state of taking the risk.

He should really stay for now until all things settle down.

Back
Top Bottom