What's new

Short question on WS-10A

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've read from numerous places that the WS-10A has thrust vectoring, and it is either undergoing testing or has completed testing.

I read on a forum that Jiang Zemin actually controlled the WS-10A nozzle using a joystick.

Anyone got more info?

That picture of Jiang playing with the TVC nozzle was from early 2000's, more than 10 years old. At the time the nozzle was for demonstration purposes only, and far from ready. I imagine they have made some progress since then. According to huzigeng, the production variant of J-20 will come with the nozzle.

That picture of Jiang playing with the TVC nozzle was from early 2000's, more than 10 years old. At the time the nozzle was for demonstration purposes only, and far from ready. I imagine they have made some progress since then. According to huzigeng, the production variant of J-20 will come with the nozzle.

So, does WS-10A have TVC either in development or finished phase?

So, does WS-10A have TVC either in development or finished phase?
None that is currently in service as far as I know, but I am pretty certain they have something in development.

None that is currently in service as far as I know, but I am pretty certain they have something in development.

Hmm..they have already released the WS-10B and WS-10G, both of which have thrust vectoring.

Why not the WS-10A? I would be a great addition to the J-11B, J-10A, and J-15.

Hmm..they have already released the WS-10B and WS-10G, both of which have thrust vectoring.

Why not the WS-10A? I would be a great addition to the J-11B, J-10A, and J-15.
No variant of WS-10 that are currently in service has TVC. You cannot just "add" TVC to any nozzle and not expect a large amount of work rewriting the flight control software. I really doubt they would go through all that trouble with the existing fleet.

No variant of WS-10 that are currently in service has TVC. You cannot just "add" TVC to any nozzle and not expect a large amount of work rewriting the flight control software. I really doubt they would go through all that trouble with the existing fleet.

Actually, WS-10B and WS-10G has TVC.

The WS-10A is reported to have TVC, while the original WS-10 doesn't.

You can't really tell if the current WS-10A has TVC or not since there's no videos of it

Actually, WS-10B and WS-10G has TVC.

The WS-10A is reported to have TVC, while the original WS-10 doesn't.

You can't really tell if the current WS-10A has TVC or not since there's no videos of it
I like to see where you got the idea WS-10B and WS-10G has TVC. A guy who works for CAC known as huzigeng stated TVC is only for J-20 and that's several years down the road. If you are reading off of wikipedia about WS-10, stop now. The info is completely bogus.

I've heard siegecrossbow mention this guy huzigeng before. Who is he? (I can't read Chinese bbs)

More over, does he have a blog or places where he posts often? I want to read if there are other stuffs he said.

I've heard siegecrossbow mention this guy huzigeng before. Who is he? (I can't read Chinese bbs)
He's a guy doing his apprenticeship at CAC I believe, and told the public the rough design of J-20 two years before it was seen. I believe he is involved with either FBW design or aerodynamics, can't remember. He shows up at cjdby once in a while with status updates.

He's a guy doing his apprenticeship at CAC I believe, and told the public the rough design of J-20 two years before it was seen. I believe he is involved with either FBW design or aerodynamics, can't remember. He shows up at cjdby once in a while with status updates.

Wonder why he doesn't get arrested for these kind of leaks.

I like to see where you got the idea WS-10B and WS-10G has TVC. A guy who works for CAC known as huzigeng stated TVC is only for J-20 and that's several years down the road. If you are reading off of wikipedia about WS-10, stop now. The info is completely bogus.

I never use Wikipedia.

I read it off an English article a year back. I can't find it now for some reason. The article stated that the WS-10B and WS-10G were ready for combat aircraft installation by the end of 2009. So I went to some Chinese sources:

AVIC-I about to realize indigenous engines production for PLA Air Force|China Military Power Mashup
Comments on Asia: China’s fighter jets have home-made engines

Deagel.com also says that J-10B has TVC:
http://www.deagel.com/Strike-and-Fighter-Aircraft/J-10A_a001826001.aspx

Some Chinese sites say the J-16 also use WS-10B engines.

I never use Wikipedia.

I read it off an English article a year back. I can't find it now for some reason. The article stated that the WS-10B and WS-10G were ready for combat aircraft installation by the end of 2009. So I went to some Chinese sources:

AVIC-I about to realize indigenous engines production for PLA Air Force|China Military Power Mashup
Comments on Asia: China’s fighter jets have home-made engines

Deagel.com also says that J-10B has TVC:
J-10A / F-10, J-10B, Jian-10, Vigorous Dragon

Some Chinese sites say the J-16 also use WS-10B engines.
Go read post by 龙腾日月 and aliasmaya,because your sources are as about as solid as Michael Jackson's nose. Over-reliance on 路边社 is bad for the brain.

Back
Top Bottom