What's new

'Shoot Them Dead': Philippine President Duterte Warns Against Violating COVID-19 Lockdown

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
https://www.republicworld.com/world...president-duterte-warns-against-violatin.html

In the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak, Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte threatened of shooting anyone who attempts to 'create trouble' during the month-long lockdown. In a televised national address on Wednesday, Duterte ordered the country's security forces to 'shoot down' the troublemakers.

"Let this be a warning to all. Follow the government at this time because it is critical that we have ordered," he said. "And do not harm the health workers, the doctors because that is a serious crime. My orders to the police and the military, if anyone creates trouble, and their lives are in danger: shoot them dead," the Phillippine president added.

This is not the first time that the Philippines' Duterte ordered the security forces to shoot down civilians. In 2016-2017, his administration reportedly permitted the extrajudicial killing of drug dealers.

Coronavirus in the Philippines
The World Health Organisation (WHO) notified that 96 people have died from the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The first case of Coronavirus was reported in late-January and the first death a few days after in the country of 105 million people. Over 900,000 cases of Coronavirus have been officially detected worldwide. At least 905,589 cases including 45,719 deaths have been recorded in 187 countries and territories across the globe. 203,608 cases and 4,476 deaths are recorded in the United States, followed by Italy with 110,574 detected cases and the highest death toll with 13,155 cases. Meanwhile, Spain confirmed 102,136 cases including 9,053 deaths.

The former hotspot of Coronavirus, China has 81,554 cases and 3,312 deaths. A 57-year-old female shrimp seller in China''s Wuhan city, the originating point of the global Coronavirus pandemic, has been identified as one of the first victims of COVID-19. The coronavirus ''patient zero'', who made a full recovery in January after month-long treatment, believes the Chinese government could have checked the spread of the disease had it acted sooner.

The COVID-19 ''patient zero'' believes she got the disease from a toilet she shared with meat sellers in the market. She said several vendors trading close to her also contracted the killer disease. In a release, Wuhan Municipal Health Commission confirmed Wei was among the first 27 patients to test positive for COVID-19 and one of 24 cases directly related to the market.

Seems to be an enemy of the people of Philippines. Who would shoot their own people? Oh , I forgot Modi too.

Seems to be an enemy of the people of Philippines. Who would shoot their own people? Oh , I forgot Modi too.

It is about dealing approach on such as crises..
upload_2020-4-2_10-50-9.png

Being a six times bigger then Pakistan still, India is manage to control and less infections in India. It could be increase in th future but we are following the best proven way to deal with Corona.

Pakistan PM is confused with many other things - economy, poor people, business and etc etc... Allah na kare if situation will like iran or italy, then again will say same thing after many people will infected and die?

On Topic:
He should not give such a order, better to allowance 1-3 years jail if anyone violate lockdown... it also helps.

It is about dealing approach on such as crises..
View attachment 620025

Being a six times bigger then Pakistan still, India is manage to less infections in India. It could be increase in th future the we are following best proved way to deal with Corona.

Pakistan PM is confused with many other things - economy, poor people, business and etc etc... I

On Topic:
He should not give such order, better to allowance 1-3 years jail if anyone violate lockdown... it also helps.
Please don't gloat over the deaths of people, they are mothers, fathers, children, brothers and sisters who leave sadness and broken people behind.

Please don't gloat over the deaths of people, they are mothers, fathers, children, brothers and sisters who leave sadness and broken people behind.

Agreed but I didn't bring Modi here..... I just reply.

I m totally agreed with you....

Leaders across the globe are in despair, a German minister (iirc) even took his own life. This type of statement perhaps stem from their inability to rein in the transmission, and i think we should cut them some slack..

For every Duterte, there are other leaders like my state's health minister(as an example) who remain calm and composed even in these calamitous times. He has been working tirelessly throughout the day for the past month or so, boosting the morale of us health care workers and ensuring that there's not a single COVID case here. But the irresponsible Tablighi Jamatis had other ideas as they hid their travel history, absconding and some even mingling with the community. What are we to do in such a situation, felt so bad yesterday watching his interview on a national news channel.

Back
Top Bottom