What's new

Shocking Photos of Cramped Hong Kong Apartments

Hong-Kong-Appartments-from-Above-3.jpg

This one is the most hurting one. Looks like children are living in prison.

Good for you and the people of Macau but how about HK? they need space and land reclaiming is good solution too but why not take the northern lands facing Hong Kong that would be better. I think for the People Just my opnion on the matter its really up to the Central Government
are you crazy?there is a city of similar population density with Hongkong,two times population and two times land in the north.look at the Hongkong Shenzhen border,,Shenzhen is much crowder.

Ford Excursion Cabin space

InsideExpeditionStandardSUV.jpg

Not sure which one is more shocking. Apt in Hong Kong or Ford Excursion.

Hong-Kong-Appartments-from-Above-3.jpg

This one is the most hurting one. Looks like children are living in prison.

They are with family and doing homework!!!
I find that photograph full of hope.
I mean inspite of the economic background, these children have equal opportunities for future.
Thats impressive!

Ford Excursion Cabin space

InsideExpeditionStandardSUV.jpg

Not sure which one is more shocking. Apt in Hong Kong or Ford Excursion.

My personal favorite :

Chrysler 300

They are with family and doing homework!!!
I find that photograph full of hope.
I mean inspite of the economic background, these children have equal opportunities for future.
Thats impressive!

They will have equal chance, in most case, they fare far better then people who are born and raised in HK. This is the least point we should take comfort into with this situation.

Very proud with Hongkong.

A British Legacy! Unlike the communist!!!

Those are separate issues. My argument was to debunk the myth of overpopulation based upon perception from any local area. Such perception is easily developed by people living in close quarters and even worse -- poverty.

Can you dispute desalination? No. Can you dispute that we can farm in desert land? No. These and many others can be addressed through technology, as we have done with many other issues throughout history.
But they are not separate issues, and you can't talk about population without these issues. Food, employment, health care, education and recreation all require use the large amounts of land, much more than living space for individuals.

Desalination are expensive to say the least, and desert farming's cost is sky high compared to regular farming. There might be technologies that allows us abundance in our future (i.e. nuclear fusion), but you can't solve today's problem with technologies you do not yet have.

But they are not separate issues, and you can't talk about population without these issues. Food, employment, health care, education and recreation all require use the large amounts of land, much more than living space for individuals.

Desalination are expensive to say the least, and desert farming's cost is sky high compared to regular farming. There might be technologies that allows us abundance in our future (i.e. nuclear fusion), but you can't solve today's problem with technologies you do not yet have.
Of course they are.

First...The Grand Canyon thought experiment showed that the Earth compared to human population is nothing to be alarmed about.

Second...Man's history proved that experiment over and over with our cities where vertical living quarters can be spacious and comfortable.

Food, employment, health care have nothing to do with allocating living space but about caring for people. You can feed, educate, and doctor to homeless people.

I'm not sure how effective the OCP really was or is in China. This is purely anecdotal but I've personally come across quite a large number of people who've had siblings. I remember having a class and casually observing that at least half of them had at least one brother or sister. A few of them had 3 or 4. Other classes had slightly more or less than that but the general consensus was probably pretty close to the 50% mark. These were mostly students that lived in rural areas so maybe it's not reflective of families from urban areas. Mind you, I'm not in anyway implying that half of all rural families have more than one child and this is based solely on my own personal experience so please take it for what it's worth. Having said all that, I do believe that if the OCP wasn't necessary in the past, it certainly is antiquated now and following the present path will probably leave China with issues down the road.

How does China come up with the population statistics? Do they actually do a head count or is it based on some sort of data projection?

But it's worse in the Philippines. People in Hong Kong has better standard living.

Oh please we have lots of space we are talking about space here not living conditions and besides things are improving here it will take time i should just shut up chinese Imperialist false flager you have no idea at all bobo ka lang (your stupid)

But it's worse in the Philippines. People in Hong Kong has better standard living.

Oh please we have lots of space we are talking about space here not living conditions and besides things are improving here it will take time i should just shut up chinese Imperialist false flager you have no idea at all bobo ka lang (your stupid)

are you crazy?there is a city of similar population density with Hongkong,two times population and two times land in the north.look at the Hongkong Shenzhen border,,Shenzhen is much crowder.

The north are farm land well its far more better than land reclamation but that's up to you guys am just siting the Humanitarian point of view

The north are farm land well its far more better than land reclamation but that's up to you guys am just siting the Humanitarian point of view

Lol, call me a Chinese imperialist you want, but I am not even Chinese, and, Manila is the most crowded on Earth.

How does China come up with the population statistics? Do they actually do a head count or is it based on some sort of data projection?
Both. It is even more problematic in the US because we are a more mobile society than China was/is. US law says a census must be performed every 10 yrs. There are respectable statisticians and scientists, particularly sociology and political science, who says may be it should be every five if the US is to have accurate and fair representation in Congress, which relies on census data.

Birth rates affects people on how much they want to change their lifestyles. Children are effectively anchors. You talk to any marketing/advertising experts and they will tell you how much research and analyses are done regarding a target area's birth rates and demographics. That is why there are not many alcohol advertising in the US state of Utah.

China is becoming a more mobile society, not like US, but is moving nonetheless.

The images remind chawls of Mumbai

The reason must be the very high price of land in HK

Urban population will increase exponentially in India too as more and more people make their way to the cities - the only option is build infrastructure and expand the cities, and decentralize commercial areas and offices.

agreed..........

Lol, call me a Chinese imperialist you want, but I am not even Chinese, and, Manila is the most crowded on Earth.

Really so how about Makati City, Pasay Taguig cities all located in manila and they are still being develop your just a false falger with the solo propose of bad mouthing my country have not even contribute a logical contribution to anything just racist slur and bad mounting. So please go to the Philippines and see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom