What's new

Shit things Desi think

If a man really needs to be told all these things then i don't think any words would alter his view. And its not just a desi thing as well. It might sound harsh to some but the only thing that would tell a man how it really feels to be a woman in any such situation is to see a woman of his family being treated in the same way he treats other women.

Last edited:
I mostly blame all these unrealistic & romantic themed Bollywood movies for most of these misconception among Indian men regarding women
Thank you for your input...Yes we can take the discussion in that direction...Media has always had a MAJOR role in the upbringing and tuning of a child who later becomes the adult with the tuned mindset!

Well, we are them who become mothers and then have to deal with an overgrown baby (the husband) a jealous old lady (the mother-in-law) a spoilt brat (the child) so I guess we get a starter as youth! ;)

According to world rankings India is like 101 out of 136 countries in treatment of women. All south Asian countries are bad in this regard. But Sri Lanka is much better in this regard.

Sexual harassment occurs everywhere. But in a lot of countries, the culture either victim blames or engages in moral sophistry to explain it is a societal corruption

Look I am not a newcomer to the shuttle cock burqas and the concept behind it.

It is not only desi men who think women should not get full respect.

Just read up a bit of Saas-bahoo thing among 100s of cultures.

Women oppress women.

Those Ninjas of Al-Huda foundation, or the blind turtles from Jamia Hifsa, or the terrorist danda bardar women they all work very hard to propagate their own less than favorable status.

Peace

WOW!!! I never brought in Burqa you did....See everytime its about women and Islam or culture you drag burqa and terrorism in! Now THAT is a preset mindset! THAT is what I am talking about

Avoid the obvious, divert the blame and close your eyes and breathe while saying to yourself it doesnt concern me! :blink:

As for the second part of your answer:

Women oppress women....seriously? So it just seems natural to do it since they do it to themselves? wow...sounds very political...

According to world rankings India is like 101 out of 136 countries in treatment of women. All south Asian countries are bad in this regard. But Sri Lanka is much better in this regard.

Sexual harassment occurs everywhere. But in a lot of countries, the culture either victim blames or engages in moral sophistry to explain it is a societal corruption

Yes I believe it is the corrupted mind of society as well as the shear ignorance of the issue at hand! No one wants to take it up and hence leave it be!!

Sri Lanka is really impressive all the Sri Lankan girls I have met thought they drink they are the boss and let no one put them down...not sure if these are the ones who were trusted due to their attitude and sent abroad by their families or are a true representative of their population!!

@Talon

You gotto clarify which men-vs.-women interaction is bothering you

--. office men-vs-women
--. brother sister men-vs-women
--. husband wife men-vs-women
--. father daughter men-vs-women
--. boyfriend gfriend men-vs-women

Life is complicated.

We can't paint all relationships with one brush.

peace

[url="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/muslim-countries-must-tackle-gender-gap-head-on/article15683919/"]Muslim countries must tackle gender gap head-on - The Globe and Mail[/URL]

As the report indicates, reducing the gender gap is directly correlated to a nation’s competitiveness, its GDP per capita and human development. Women form half a country’s population, and if they are denied equal opportunity in education, health, economy and politics, the country will operate at lower capacity. Gender discrimination has economic consequences for all.

Whaooo:

There are, however, a few silver linings for Muslim countries.

Kazakhstan ranked 32nd overall (and tied for first in the health sub-index). Bangladesh ranked seventh in the world in the political empowerment sub-index (Canada was 45th), while the United Arab Emirates and Maldives tied with others (including Canada) for first with a perfect score of 1.00 in the education sub-index.

Senegal showed the greatest improvement among all countries, jumping from 90th to 67th in one year; it also ranked 20th in women’s political empowerment. And despite their low rankings, Saudi Arabia and Yemen trail only Nicaragua in achieving the greatest relative reduction in the gender gap index since 2006. The hope is that, with many Muslim countries investing heavily in female education and health, disparities in economic opportunity and political empowerment will lessen over time.

@Talon

You gotto clarify which men-vs.-women interaction is bothering you

--. office men-vs-women
--. brother sister men-vs-women
--. husband wife men-vs-women
--. father daughter men-vs-women
--. boyfriend gfriend men-vs-women

Life is complicated.

We can't paint all relationships with one brush.

peace

Life is complicated we cant take each issue when the larger picture has always been shunned!

badoa day! kabhi acha na bol na...kay kuri acha keri hai bringing up un-addressed issues!!

And until 2060 I plan to spend time with soft speaking women and

plan to stay at least 100 yards from the nagging ones :lol:

Globe and Mail is patronizing Muslim societies.

The real issue is

----- Tribal societies must tackle gender gap head on.

It is unfair to compare Charsadda to wazirastan when it comes to women education
It is unfair to compare Swat to Kurram agency when it comes to women education
It is unfair to compare Peshawar city to landi kotal when it comes to women education

Why

there are educated gharanas where women are respected and educated

there are tribal places where women are not treated the same as more enlightened societies.

But when we compare Ghana to Azerbaija to BDesh

We commit intellectual dishonesty and show our ignorance.

Having spent some time in the West, I can tell that

Muslim women face very similar issues as Western women.

I remember while visiting a big name company where all kinds of people including goras, kalas etc. were taking mandatory course on "sexual harassment".

Even with that kind of coursework, HP computers' ex CEO had to resign for doing hanky phanky with junior lady.

So let's not make it a Muslim woman issue.

unless you want to see Pakistani women walking around in Niqab (that I hate for obvious reasons).

peace

major difference with Pakistani women and western women is that later does not cry about what men think about them, rather tackle even worst men, bravely and sensibly.

However, in Pakistan we have all sort of societies... perception is based on individual's experience.

Last edited:
Yes I believe it is the corrupted mind of society as well as the shear ignorance of the issue at hand! No one wants to take it up and hence leave it be!!

Sri Lanka is really impressive all the Sri Lankan girls I have met thought they drink they are the boss and let no one put them down...not sure if these are the ones who were trusted due to their attitude and sent abroad by their families or are a true representative of their population!!
Girls drinking is normal in our country. The thing is influence of traditional gender roles is pretty low and modern girls are respected and if you notice they are very arrogant as well :P

As for perverts, I have told this few times, the majority of them are concentrated in areas with conservative cultures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom