What's new

Shit things Desi think

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well this is a shout to all the crazies out there:

This is from a number of experiences and also from a number of stories from other girls and guys...all desi:

1) When a girl smiles she does not automatically fancies you!

This line: hansi tou phassi needs to get a recheck!

2) When a girl laughs she doesnt want to jump in bed with you

3) When a girl says she can understand she doesnt want to marry you

4) When a girl tolerates you she may have feelings for you but then again she may be a better human than you

5) IF you can not tolerate something of a similar magnitude being done on your women (sister, some girl you fancy, mother, aunt, cousin) then for heavens sake dont try it on other girls for they are also other people's women (sister, some girl you fancy, mother, aunt, cousin)

6) When you say you respect someone it doesnt automatically mean you start becoming a dictator!

7) For Muslims: ALLAH gave rights to women then who the hell are you to take them away or even bend them?

8) If you misbehave dont expect respect in return...there is a saying treat people the way you want to be treated...if not today but tomorrow karma will bite you hard!

9) I dont get why most of you keep saying goray are dogs are like this and that....For all I know they follow rule 8...if you respect them no way are they gonna fall all over you!!

10) When a girl says nicely back off it is NOT a challenge to try the opposite whoever told you that shit is probably still single!

Anything I missed?

You hit the nail right on its head.

And men especially the Maulvi kind who tell women to dress modestly but when they see a woman they try to undress her with their eyes - How about practicing modesty with your eyes......

You hit the nail right on its head.

And men especially the Maulvi kind who tell women to dress modestly but when they see a woman they try to undress her with their eyes - How about practicing modesty with your eyes......

I double that!! Seriously! Even a woman in pardah isnt safe from the eyes (just read Innocent home videos are becoming Pakistani '****' on YouTube and destroying lives )!!

I sometimes wonder:

Why people quote Surah 24 ayat 31:

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

HOW DID THEY MISS AYAT 30 and jump to 31:

Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what they do.

Last edited:
Or like in India where there are people who still blame the rape victim saying she asked for it.

Points 1-4 are usually signs of sexual frustration.

I should know :D
I aint no man but I doubt it starts or stops at sexual frustration...My guess is it is how the kid was tuned....If the society sees it that way and makes stupid proverbs like hansi tou phassi...then there seriously is no shock as to where the guys brains are going!

Last edited:
I aint no man but I doubt it starts or stops at seual frustration...My guess is it is how the kid was tuned....If the society sees it that way and makes stupid proverbs like hansi tou phassi...then there seriously is no shock as to where the guys brains are going!

What I mean is that when a guy is extremely unlucky in his love life, he starts to think that any female affection coming his way is romantic in nature. Or he starts building the image of a perfect girl and forgets Women like to do things that we do too.

I myself started to have this idealised notion of romance till I matured a bit.

That's what I was saying. And this Bollywood crap about stalking and pestering the girl till she says yes is kind of creepy.

A very good article I would like to share: Islam, Women and Sex: Do We Overdo Things? - Gender & Society - Family - OnIslam.net

What I mean is that when a guy is extremely unlucky in his love life, he starts to think that any female affection coming his way is romantic in nature. Or he starts building the image of a perfect girl and forgets Women like to do things that we do too.

I myself started to have this idealised notion of romance till I matured a bit.

That's what I was saying. And this Bollywood crap about stalking and pestering the girl till she says yes is kind of creepy.

Hahahahaa...ok I get you!

Back to my article: Islam, Women and Sex: Do We Overdo Things? - Gender & Society - Family - OnIslam.net

I would like to highlight some of the important things that stupidity has created:

Islam emphasizes decency and chastity, forbids excessive and unnecessary mingling between men and women, and it prescribes a decent dress code for both men and women. But to interpret everything in Islam from a sexual point of view and to think that men-women relation was all and only about sex was a sign of ignorance. To treat women in such a way that they could not even express themselves or choose what color of dress they could wear,even while following the Islamic dress code, was a sign of danger and extremism.

Worse was the fact that those male students were actually in delusion and terrible deception; thinking that, as males,, they were naturally created as sexual beings and would immediately lose sanity at the very sight of women. If I were a male, I would in fact feel insulted to be perceived as sexual beasts that needed to control women in order to be in the right mind. A real Muslim man is surely higher than that!

Well this is a shout to all the crazies out there:

This is from a number of experiences and also from a number of stories from other girls and guys...all desi:

1) When a girl smiles she does not automatically fancies you!

This line: hansi tou phassi needs to get a recheck!

2) When a girl laughs she doesnt want to jump in bed with you

3) When a girl says she can understand she doesnt want to marry you

4) When a girl tolerates you she may have feelings for you but then again she may be a better human than you

5) IF you can not tolerate something of a similar magnitude being done on your women (sister, some girl you fancy, mother, aunt, cousin) then for heavens sake dont try it on other girls for they are also other people's women (sister, some girl you fancy, mother, aunt, cousin)

6) When you say you respect someone it doesnt automatically mean you start becoming a dictator!

7) For Muslims: ALLAH gave rights to women then who the hell are you to take them away or even bend them?

8) If you misbehave dont expect respect in return...there is a saying treat people the way you want to be treated...if not today but tomorrow karma will bite you hard!

9) I dont get why most of you keep saying goray are dogs are like this and that....For all I know they follow rule 8...if you respect them no way are they gonna fall all over you!!

10) When a girl says nicely back off it is NOT a challenge to try the opposite whoever told you that shit is probably still single!

Anything I missed?

Well said.

There is flirtation and
there is a sexual harassment.

The two are diametrically opposite.

flirtation may or may not lead to bed.
Sexually harassment will definitely lead to the law suit or some kind of disciplinary action.

However the interaction of men and women is a very delicate series of actions, reactions, song and dance perse.

And miscommunication is the norm rather than exception.

Men are from Mars and obvious women are from Moon (ok venus)

peace

The article goes on:

I was no expert, but my simple understanding of the Islamic spirit and the faith I had in God somehow told me that Islam taught wisdom, simplicity, moderation and common sense. One does not have to overdo things to be pious on one hand, while over- simplifying is equally a blunder, on the other hand. It is the perfect and beautiful balance between the two that makes Islam appealing and practical for the whole of humankind.

Many ill-informed Muslims think that, by being very strict and harsh, they get closer to God. This is how negative qualities like being judgmental, overly suspicious and hatred or discrimination against women are bred.

This misconception also opens various doors to elements of extremism and subsequently, unwarranted retaliation and ill feelings, which eventually provoke enemies of Islam to ridicule the religion. While it is not true that Islam treats its women as passive, suppressed and dependent beings, there is sadly some truth in claims that some Muslim men and some ignorant Muslim communities handle women that way.

Perhaps if we can rediscover common sense, moderation and wisdom, which I believe have always been at the core of Islamic teachings, many doors of fallacy and mistaken belief about Islam will be automatically removed without us having to endlessly explain or apologize too much.

Well said.

There is flirtation and
there is a sexual harassment.

The two are diametrically opposite.

flirtation may or may not lead to bed.
Sexually harassment will definitely lead to the law suit or some kind of disciplinary action.

However the interaction of men and women is a very delicate series of actions, reactions, song and dance perse.

And miscommunication is the norm rather than exception.

Men are from Mars and obvious women are from Moon (ok venus)

peace

Thank you but I beg to differ....Flirting is VERY different from sexual harassment...There is another middle path known as stupidity where the guy thinks he is flirting but is actually bending right into sexual harassment...THIS is the 1 I would like to highlight!

2ndly, Nope men and women interactions is not a delicate matter...everyone says that and walks off instead of facing the situation....

If you can treat yourself as a human why not the opposite sex?

Read the article and you will understand some more of the issue at hand, how and why it gets to the level it has reached so easily!

Another article of Muslim woman in Australia ‘Being Me’ Celebrates Aussie Muslim Women - Asia-Pacific - News - OnIslam.net ..maybe the thread title should be changed to Muslim woman...how they are viewed ...

Last edited:
The article goes on:

I was no expert, but my simple understanding of the Islamic spirit and the faith I had in God somehow told me that Islam taught wisdom, simplicity, moderation and common sense. One does not have to overdo things to be pious on one hand, while over- simplifying is equally a blunder, on the other hand. It is the perfect and beautiful balance between the two that makes Islam appealing and practical for the whole of humankind.

Many ill-informed Muslims think that, by being very strict and harsh, they get closer to God. This is how negative qualities like being judgmental, overly suspicious and hatred or discrimination against women are bred.

This misconception also opens various doors to elements of extremism and subsequently, unwarranted retaliation and ill feelings, which eventually provoke enemies of Islam to ridicule the religion. While it is not true that Islam treats its women as passive, suppressed and dependent beings, there is sadly some truth in claims that some Muslim men and some ignorant Muslim communities handle women that way.

Perhaps if we can rediscover common sense, moderation and wisdom, which I believe have always been at the core of Islamic teachings, many doors of fallacy and mistaken belief about Islam will be automatically removed without us having to endlessly explain or apologize too much.

Thank you but I beg to differ....Flirting is VERY different from sexual harassment...There is another middle path known as stupidity where the guy thinks he is flirting but is actually bending right into sexual harassment...THIS is the 1 I would like to highlight!

2ndly, Nope men and women interactions is not a delicate matter...everyone says that and walks off instead of facing the situation....

If you can treat yourself as a human why not the opposite sex?

Read the article and you will understand some more of the issue at hand, how and why it gets to the level it has reached so easily!

Another article of Muslim woman in Australia ‘Being Me’ Celebrates Aussie Muslim Women - Asia-Pacific - News - OnIslam.net ..maybe the thread title should be changed to Muslim woman...how they are viewed ...

Having spent some time in the West, I can tell that

Muslim women face very similar issues as Western women.

I remember while visiting a big name company where all kinds of people including goras, kalas etc. were taking mandatory course on "sexual harassment".

Even with that kind of coursework, HP computers' ex CEO had to resign for doing hanky phanky with junior lady.

So let's not make it a Muslim woman issue.

unless you want to see Pakistani women walking around in Niqab (that I hate for obvious reasons).

peace

Another nice article: ‘Beyond the Veil’ to teach students about life as a Muslim woman | The Kentucky Kernel

Having spent some time in the West, I can tell that

Muslim women face very similar issues as Western women.

I remember while visiting a big name company where all kinds of people including goras, kalas etc. were taking mandatory course on "sexual harassment".

Even with that kind of coursework, HP computers' ex CEO had to resign for doing hanky phanky with junior lady.

So let's not make it a Muslim woman issue.

unless you want to see Pakistani women walking around in Niqab (that I hate for obvious reasons).

peace

Please take your Islamaphobia elsewhere!

I am addressing the problem where it is...MOSTLY desi people and how they think women are inferior...or dont own a voice deny as much as you want but it is reality! Dont give me 1 -5 examples I can give you thousands!

2ndly, I am addressing Islam the most because people think it is linked with a RELIGION when you just proved OTHER MEN also get into troubles though I am not sure how your 1 experience can over write ALL THESE INTERNATIONAL articles I am putting up?!

3rdly, I am clearing misconceptions of Islam being linked with it! As @Ravi Nair showed it also happens with other men....

4thly, It is a free forum...My issue is 1st Woman, 2nd desi and 3rd every man maybe but why MOSTLY the treatment of women is shit in Asia or Muslim countries!

Last edited:
@Talon never realised how sucky it is to be a woman.
Well, we are them who become mothers and then have to deal with an overgrown baby (the husband) a jealous old lady (the mother-in-law) a spoilt brat (the child) so I guess we get a starter as youth! ;)

@FaujHistorian when articles like these stop getting published or become less than tell me NOT TO MAKE IT ABOUT ISLAM!:

Muslim countries must tackle gender gap head-on - The Globe and Mail

Why does the world ignore violence against Arab women in public spaces? | Mariz Tadros | Global development | theguardian.com

Opinion: Don't tell Muslim women what to wear - CNN.com

I mostly blame all these unrealistic & romantic themed Bollywood movies for most of these misconception among Indian men regarding women

Please take your Islamaphobia elsewhere!

I am addressing the problem where it is...MOSTLY desi people and how they think women are inferior..!

Look I am not a newcomer to the shuttle cock burqas and the concept behind it.

It is not only desi men who think women should not get full respect.

Just read up a bit of Saas-bahoo thing among 100s of cultures.

Women oppress women.

Those Ninjas of Al-Huda foundation, or the blind turtles from Jamia Hifsa, or the terrorist danda bardar women they all work very hard to propagate their own less than favorable status.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom