What's new

"Shining India, Swaggering India" - Times of India

This thread is about the shining and mighty India. If you want to troll about another country, open up another thread. But don't put other nationality down just because an Indian put out an article admitting to the arrogance of Indians. If more Indians think like the author of the article, India would be in a much better shape today. Your problem can be found by looking into the mirror.

So what part of India did your parents or grandparents came from?

All were born here. My ancestors left early back in the 1820's from the South, which today is TamilNadu. This was even before British India existed I believe.

:offtopic: question to u : which part of Taiwan do u come from? I spent 6 months in Kaohsiung and loved it!:tup:

Go back and read that post. Tamil counterparts I said, while we resist the North Indians. The Tamils blend in alot easier due to the language and also their ability to leave behind India and adopt local mannerisms alot quicker. They take the effort to blend in. That includes the Malayalee and Telugu too.

The rest of them coming in from North India, who now make up the biggest numbers are the problem. You have to understand that for Indian Singaporeans, your idea of 'Indian' itself is alien. Most of our ancestors left way before your country was established and we certainly don't consider North Indians to be similar to the Tamils. This entirely leads to a different topic though. I will see if I can start a thread on it or if I can find another thread to discuss this.

OMG................ IN THREAD.... HINDUISM IN CHINA...... U ARE SAYING THAT U ARE A TAMIL SINGAPOREAN..... WHATS UR REAL IDENTITY??????????????????

All were born here. My ancestors left early back in the 1820's from the South, which today is TamilNadu. This was even before British India existed I believe.

:offtopic: question to u : which part of Taiwan do u come from? I spent 6 months in Kaohsiung and loved it!:tup:

I was born next city from Kaohsiung, Tainan.

A coworker of mine is also a Singaporean Tamil. His sister who is still in Singapore is having their kids learn Mandarin Chinese as it is becoming a popular language for Tamils there.

Cool story bro. Open a new thread on how much you hate Indian businessmen. You and LimPeh can jerk each other off to thoughts of how much you guys hate Indians there. This thread has nothing to do with what Singaporeans think of Indians. We dont care about Singapore at all. Are you blind that you cannot see what the topic being discussed is?

We really pray hard that what you guys will abide strictly by your words and those "Arogrance" and "Zero ethics" citizens of your's would leave us singaporeans alone by not anyhow claiming any sort of association with our country or people. Especially putting their business dealings with us as a testimonial to their business portforlio. Do you GET IT!

BTW, to be fair to those honest and with self respect indians, we do welcome you to visit our country soon. LOLOL.

OMG................ IN THREAD.... HINDUISM IN CHINA...... U ARE SAYING THAT U ARE A TAMIL SINGAPOREAN..... WHATS UR REAL IDENTITY??????????????????

Dude do you have a problem with English or what!?! I said twice before that my ancestors came out of TamilNadu back in the 1820's and settled in Singapore. I believe I told Rajaraja Cholan that in the other thread too. What does that make me ? Tamil Singaporean right, which is synonymous with Indian Singaporean right?! So what's the problem?

You trying too hard to prove I'm Chinese issit? Ask a guy to shoot off questions in Tamil and I can reply him fluently. We study Tamil here too, though ours is slightly different from yours due to separation.

A coworker of mine is also a Singaporean Tamil. His sister who is still in Singapore is having their kids learn Mandarin Chinese as it is becoming a popular language for Tamils there.

Yup most of us are moving away from Tamil and we are increasingly studying Chinese these days. Though my ancestry is Tamil, I am one of those who encourages this. We have to evolve with the times and today, given our extensive business links with China, it only makes sense to learn Mandarin. I know of two Tamil Singaporean guys who both studied Mandarin in high school instead of Tamil. One is a regional manager in Shanghai now, the other I believe is in Qingdao. Tamil is losing out its position due to its lack of relevance in our society today. One major reason is our lack of desire to pursue any kind of relationship with India on a large scale. Like my compatriot from Singapore posted earlier, we have a problem with their lack of ethics and business sense. The banning of ST Kinetics due to their own inability to sort out their corruption problems has taught us better.

The Tamil Singaporean community is a well integrated one which serves the need of Singapore as loyal citizens. And that is why we take the extra effort to learn Mandarin and the culture so we can help our nations to further their ties in business.

Dude do you have a problem with English or what!?! I said twice before that my ancestors came out of TamilNadu back in the 1820's and settled in Singapore. I believe I told Rajaraja Cholan that in the other thread too. What does that make me ? Tamil Singaporean right, which is synonymous with Indian Singaporean right?! So what's the problem?

You trying too hard to prove I'm Chinese issit? Ask a guy to shoot off questions in Tamil and I can reply him fluently. We study Tamil here too, though ours is slightly different from yours due to separation.

nope..thats make you only singaporean..no need to add "Tamil" part.because a lot of guys are thinking you are NRI or something..feel proud for your country,speak for your country,no need to bring ethnicity here.by the way,Singapore is perfectly happy with Indian NRI's,they are issuing a lot of Visas for us..they have good foreign and defence relationship with India,and they are our key for "ASEAN"(some people suspect it)..so,we don't count your nagging until your govt is happy...cheers.

No u r not a Indian Singaporean...! U may have Tamil ancestry but u r in no way a Tamil or Indian for that matter...U are kid with self esteem problems...actually i have seen such people in my college days...when some kid goes to a college away from his hometown and finds himself with out friends, he tries to be 'cool' by degrading his hometown. He thinks that will bring him more friends...but the truth is he is loner...thats exactly what u r doing here...All the stories u have said at the beginning of this thread only shows u need the acceptance of Chinese members here...thats why we are seeing a lot @$$ kissing here by u...

Yup most of us are moving away from Tamil and we are increasingly studying Chinese these days. Though my ancestry is Tamil, I am one of those who encourages this. We have to evolve with the times and today, given our extensive business links with China, it only makes sense to learn Mandarin. I know of two Tamil Singaporean guys who both studied Mandarin in high school instead of Tamil. One is a regional manager in Shanghai now, the other I believe is in Qingdao. Tamil is losing out its position due to its lack of relevance in our society today. One major reason is our lack of desire to pursue any kind of relationship with India on a large scale. Like my compatriot from Singapore posted earlier, we have a problem with their lack of ethics and business sense. The banning of ST Kinetics due to their own inability to sort out their corruption problems has taught us better.

The Tamil Singaporean community is a well integrated one which serves the need of Singapore as loyal citizens. And that is why we take the extra effort to learn Mandarin and the culture so we can help our nations to further their ties in business.

And A CASE IN POINT

No u r not a Indian Singaporean...! U may have Tamil ancestry but u r in no way a Tamil or Indian for that matter...U are kid with self esteem problems...actually i have seen such people in my college days...when some kid goes to a college away from his hometown and finds himself with out friends, he tries to be 'cool' by degrading his hometown. He thinks that will bring him more friends...but the truth is he is loner...thats exactly what u r doing here...All the stories u have said at the beginning of this thread only shows u need the acceptance of Chinese members here...thats why we are seeing a lot @$$ kissing here by u...

yaa ppl like dem bring shame to our country.........

i doubt LIMPEH as anything tamil in it............. seems u are not proud of being tamil as well

Lim Peh = Hokkien for 'your father'. It's part of 'Singlish' which is our localized dialect or pidgin of English. Don't know if I'm proud of being Tamil or not lmao, that never crossed my mind even once. Over here we are proud to be Singaporeans and that's it.

As to the other guy who said Indians are still getting visas, yes, but that number has been steadily dropping. I live here, I know the ground realities better than anyone.

We don't resist the Chinese like what u'd like to think or hope it is. There is some insecurity I admit, but Chinese immigrants stil project the image of being a hardworking and enterprising lot and hence, their presence is valued.

Very different from the Indians and the Pinoys. But anyway, thanks to you guys this thread has become a troll's paradise so let's go discuss something else.

Back
Top Bottom