What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Bro, I dont think copying is a bad thing at all. India, Brazil, South Africa, etc, etc, etc all should copy first. Nothing wrong with it.

And I cant tell you how many times Pakistanis say Arjun or Dhruv is copy or looks similar, etc, etc, etc

Arjun

arjun_5.jpg

Leo 2a4

leopard2a4_sdkfjhk8.jpg

Dhruv

HAL_Dhruv-3.jpg

EC-145

REGA-openphotonet_PICT2049.jpg

its been 2 Years since I am here....I have never come across any such post...please let me know if there is a single one

well not completely out of my mind,i just posted here what russian military beleives

Yes i know J-15 is not for export preety much because there r no takers

About the bolded part u unnecessary brought India into this argument,so i also have an advice

Paint ur fighters with-we stole Russian designs,we refuse to shut down this with the Russian allegation's,only we will shut it up when each and every designs are stoled

Well I dont know why does it brings more pain to Indian members than even Russian ones....but anyways....Carrier based fighter market is very very select. How many countries operate ACCs? not many certainly and out of these how many have their own jets operating from their carriers.
lets see
UK- has their own Harriers and JSFs
France- Rafales
US- I dont need to talk
Spain- Out of russian reach going JSF after harriers
Italy- JSF partner already
Thailand- Harrier operator...so likely customer
India- Already in Russian Pocket
China- J-15 project
Brazil: Operates Skylarks...likely customer.
so The way I see it, there is not a broad market available for SU-33...I dont know what Russian Millitary officials have in Mind when they see J-15 as threat to Su-33. while IMHO, different CBACs have different operating mathodologies from ACCs rather than a generic one, which makes this another difficult question as Thai carrier though may be a customer but may not have the structure to operate Su-33s

I'v seen pictures of the real J-15 and it's identical to the SU-33. A naval aircraft also has to have an arresting hook, what you posted does not have one, and trust me they are easy to spot. The aircraft you posted is also a dual seater, from what i recall the J-15 is a single seat aircraft.

Just because it looks similar doesn't mean it's the same.

The airframe is only one small aspect of the aircraft.
It's mostly the internal systems that decide the performance (avionics, FBW, radars, etc).

J-15, J-11B, and follow-ons all have indigenous internal systems, as well as stealthy modifications to the airframe.

True, J-15 is not a dual-seater (maybe he posted the J-11BS instead), but the J-15 does have straight landing gear, which indicates the carrier-based role. Arresting hooks may not be captured clearly (photos are not of premium quality) or they'll be installed later.

j151.jpg

j152.jpg

They should be ready by the time Varyag is.
It makes sense that the PLA would choose J-15 as carrier plane, if at least for training - They already have experience operating J-11, and when starting out on something new you want to removed whatever is not directly related to the problem - hence a derivative of a proven platform. This does not mean that they mark J-15 as their standard for carrier fighter.

is the color called navy grey or tippy grey?

Navy grey is not a colour(or maybe it is but not what I'm referring to in this context), I just called it that way because this kind of grey is used by the PLANAF but not the PLAAF.

It would be wise to use the J-15 as a trainer, even though the L-15 and JL-9 are good candidates, simply because the similar airframe to the J-11B makes learning much richer and more accurate. It is probable that the bulk of the men will be from J-11B and heavy fighter regiments. It is pretty much a fighter and can do all the things a naval fighter can do. The addition of the canards may be for it to be similar to the Su-33, because the Chinese sent men to be trained in Russia.

Operating a heavy fighter on a ship is different from flying a light trainer.

As for the gray it would match the color of the Varyag's hull.

It would be wise to use the J-15 as a trainer, even though the L-15 and JL-9 are good candidates, simply because the similar airframe to the J-11B makes learning much richer and more accurate. It is probable that the bulk of the men will be from J-11B and heavy fighter regiments. It is pretty much a fighter and can do all the things a naval fighter can do. The addition of the canards may be for it to be similar to the Su-33, because the Chinese sent men to be trained in Russia.

Operating a heavy fighter on a ship is different from flying a light trainer.

As for the gray it would match the color of the Varyag's hull.

A single seat trainer? Seriously?

Back
Top Bottom