What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

"downplayed any significant competition from the J-15 in the global arms market"?

are you out of your mind? who said it will be exported in the first place? J-15 will be used by the PLAAF, not anyone else.

indian air forces can paint their fighters with something like "we fly Russian made Su-30 fighters, we refuse to be shut down by a Chinese clone, please shut us down with a real Russian fighter".

well not completely out of my mind,i just posted here what russian military beleives

Yes i know J-15 is not for export preety much because there r no takers

About the bolded part u unnecessary brought India into this argument,so i also have an advice

Paint ur fighters with-we stole Russian designs,we refuse to shut down this with the Russian allegation's,only we will shut it up when each and every designs are stoled

its very difficult to tell from a side view that SU-30 airframe has canards or not
for example see these pictures..
1) SU-30 MKM (one with canards)
1497526.jpg

1300906.jpg

2) SU-30 MKK/MKK2
su30mkk2.jpg

su30mk2_china.jpg

do you guys see any difference?.....well since J-11BS is thought to be a replacement for MKKs. I dont think so Chinese designers wouldnot have added something from over the original structural capabilities of current MKKs. I suspect this is a new version with possible canards for enhancing frame agility

Canards are difficult to spot, but not impossible, based on Sri lanken's pictures, i see no canards, nor do i see an arresting hook--which is a giva way. Lastly the aircraft he posted is a dual seater.

This is a J-15:

Based on evidence it's my opinion that Sri lanken posted random pictures of SU-30's and SU-27's/J-11's

well not completely out of my mind,i just posted here what russian military beleives

Yes i know J-15 is not for export preety much because there r no takers

About the bolded part u unnecessary brought India into this argument,so i also have an advice

Paint ur fighters with-we stole Russian designs,we refuse to shut down this with the Russian allegation's,only we will shut it up when each and every designs are stoled

Im just thinking..
What difference does it make if its stolen?
Does the job doesnt it?
Tomorrow if somebody gets the Iphone OS.. and reverse engineers the Iphone from the inside out.. and does it for $200 less..
I would appreciate it rather than feel bad thinking "Its a stolen design.. Apple was there furst...:cry:".
Your beloved Russians did that a lot during the late 40's and early 50's..
The engine that powered the Mig-15.. was designed using the Nene.. and the metallurgical know how was gathered by a visit to the Rolls factory by Mikoyan techs wearing foam heeled shoes..so the metal fragments from the mill machines got stuck into them.. which were then analyzed for composition..yada yada.

Im just thinking..
What difference does it make if its stolen?
Does the job doesnt it?
Tomorrow if somebody gets the Iphone OS.. and reverse engineers the Iphone from the inside out.. and does it for $200 less..
I would appreciate it rather than feel bad thinking "Its a stolen design.. Apple was there furst...:cry:".
Your beloved Russians did that a lot during the late 40's and early 50's..
The engine that powered the Mig-15.. was designed using the Nene.. and the metallurgical know how was gathered by a visit to the Rolls factory by Mikoyan techs wearing foam heeled shoes..so the metal fragments from the mill machines got stuck into them.. which were then analyzed for composition..yada yada.

same applies if u purchase it with someone else,if it is capable of doing the job,then why some people suddenly start to cry over it

I have no problem if Chinese steal,purchase,create whatever,my answer was clearly in response to a Chinese who unnecessarily dragged India into the argument just because my flags r of India

J-10 was made using blueprints of the Israeli Lavi. This is a widely-known "open secret" in defense circles.

j10+and+Lavi+comparison.jpg

They do look similar..

I dont think its bad China is copying designs. If they can get these into their air force all the better for them..

J-11B7.jpg

J-11BS1.jpg

India should do the same. Fair game right?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Lavi is a canceled project, that is enuff, no need to explain them again and again

The Chengdu J-10 project started at around the same time as the Israeli Lavi. China did receive technical assistance (particularly from the French) but since China hasn't officially established relations with Israel it is unlikely that high level military infos were exchanged.

The Chengdu J-10 project started at around the same time as the Israeli Lavi. China did receive technical assistance (particularly from the French) but since China hasn't officially established relations with Israel it is unlikely that high level military infos were exchanged.
you know what.....you ll get another post saying..."yea i understand, but they look similar" these people are freaked out honestly:coffee:

Is'nt Su 33 lines closed for production? Because it would be useless to reopen the lines as RuN navy has already selected the MiG 29k as a stop gap replacement on their Kuznetsova.

Sukhoi stated that it will modernize the Su-33 fleet. The russian navy plans to operate both the Su-33 and the Mig-29k, until new carriers arrive.

you know what.....you ll get another post saying..."yea i understand, but they look similar" these people are freaked out honestly:coffee:

Bro, I dont think copying is a bad thing at all. India, Brazil, South Africa, etc, etc, etc all should copy first. Nothing wrong with it.

And I cant tell you how many times Pakistanis say Arjun or Dhruv is copy or looks similar, etc, etc, etc

Arjun

arjun_5.jpg

Leo 2a4

leopard2a4_sdkfjhk8.jpg

Dhruv

HAL_Dhruv-3.jpg

EC-145

REGA-openphotonet_PICT2049.jpg

Even Russia used to copy from western designs in the early days right? Whats the big deal, fair game. China should copy globelmaster, Leopard 2, etc design, thats impressive to me.

Last edited:
J9VI-IIproject.png

Isn't this an SU-15 similar plane or even its variant??

No this is the J-9. Originally this was designed to be a counter to the Russian Mig-25s, I believe. The J-8 looks very similar to the Su-15 as well but it is entirely an independent effort (enlarged version of MIG-21 that underwent huge changes to the intakes and fuselage).

@siegecrossbow
Thnx for your answer sir;
I noticed that because Su-15 was twin-engine thats why one has to drastically change the fuselage plus the addition of canards. Besides these two; I assume the ground design resembles with Su-15. I know that Su-15 most pics all show the delta wing configuration but I had read that it was going to be converted to double-delta as is shown in J-9....because of the tiny wing area the delta configuration (provided in SU-15) the landing speeds were dangerously high; thats why I think the addition of canards & double-delta configuration in J-9.

Back
Top Bottom