What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

124539cq1zukq314ztqta3.jpg

Is it me or are the engines Al-31?

The AL-31F engine is better for the ski-jump carrier.

Since the specs of the WS-10 series is more similar to the F-110 series, thus it will be used for the aircrafts the Type 002 (catapult carrier) instead of the Type 001/001A.

The AL-31F engine is better for the ski-jump carrier.

Since the specs of the WS-10 series is more similar to the F-110 series, thus it will be used for the aircrafts the Type 002 (catapult carrier) instead of the Type 001/001A.

Wasn't the WS-10H specifically designed for use on aircraft carriers?

It is worrying that even in 2014 that China is still using Russian engines for twin engined aircraft. Both the reliability and production levels should now be sufficient.

It is worrying that even in 2014 that China is still using Russian engines for twin engined aircraft. Both the reliability and production levels should now be sufficient.
Engine for naval is different, so need test and finalize the design again, such as Su-27 use AL-31F but Su-33 use AL-31F3. Another example is Su-27SM used AL-31F M1 finalize the design in 2007 but J-10B used AL-31FN series 3 finalize design in this year, even though they have only small difference.
I think WS-10 for J-10 have the same process.

The WS-10A has been used in the J-11 series for quite some time, note that an improved version is on the way. Also, engines used on the J-15 has special need to corrosion resistant in maritime environment, so another version is needed.

I was expecting a picture like this
82c33fc796cb7b80dc9bd9de7c85135c.jpg

at most we need 100 fighters before 2020, at most, that's about 15 or so a year for the next 6 years, so why would we do that? Besides, this new fighter is still very new, no previous carrier fighter existed, so good to take it slow.

F35 a little more automated
Although i can't directly access to youtube.com in China, i have seen many F-35 produce line pics on the internet it's like automobile produce line, very impressive !

Hope China can have the same one in the future.

Back
Top Bottom