What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

The Chinese Navy released two photos of a J-15 tandem seat ejection test being carried out at supersonic speed.

Eject 2.jpg

Eject 1.jpg

Last edited:
yes , I see them now, but how do u know its for j-15? it can be for any Chinese fighter.

yes , I see them now, but how do u know its for j-15? it can be for any Chinese fighter.
If you wonder about the partial fuselage in the test pics, the seats may be a new design for the J-15, but the reason why we use a partial fuselage of a different aircraft is because we want to produce certain airflow at speed to see if the new seat are affected in anyway, most crucial are the first few milliseconds when the seat is initially exposed to supersonic air. It does not have to be the exact nose section of the J-15 or whatever aircraft, as long as the test nose section is of approximate design of the intended aircraft or aircrafts, the airstream produced at speed will be close enough.

Excuse my ignorance,but the pic shows a part of cockpit moving in what appears to be some sort of rails,showing the model is in land.Is it possible to achieve "supersonic" speed in land?I believe the supersonic part is wrong,if else please prove me wrong.

Excuse my ignorance,but the pic shows a part of cockpit moving in what appears to be some sort of rails,showing the model is in land.Is it possible to achieve "supersonic" speed in land?I believe the supersonic part is wrong,if else please prove me wrong.

Because there is a rocket motor at the end of it, how could you miss the rocket exhaust?

Back
Top Bottom