What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

anyway you put it, the chinese economy is already FAR larger than the Russian one and the gap is only getting larger, russia can dump 600 billion over 10 years? china can easily manage that in half the time, heck if its spending was like america, it would be spending over 300 billion this year alone. even at its current spending of ~1.5% to 2%, over time, assuming no major unforeseeable problems,there is nothing wrong with thinking that china will surpass russia, and it already has in certain areas, for instance, ship building. That said, there are many areas where china is still behind, most noticeably in the engines department. but the chinese engines are NOT worst than comparable russian engines, for instance ws-10 vs AF-31, the ws-10 suffered initial problems, including slower spool up time, and less reliability and mass production problems. However those problems has since been fixed and the ws-10 is now in mass productions with all the new j-11b using it, and new j-15/16 using it, and its highly probably the j-10b will use it as well.

once again, that figure is not annual spending, it's only for purchasing new equipment.

Off topic, but this camo scheme is kick ass. Easily the best looking Flanker anywhere. imho

FBTaB.jpg

I prefer the light gray camo on J-15. But anyway, dark gray looks good as well.

Russia is spending 600 billion on modernizing it's military, they have no shortage of money. And money can only get you so far.

No one including myself is claiming China has not made some impressive advancements overall; they have, but it's silly how many Chinese on this forum make statement such as we will surpass or we have surpassed Russia. If Russia simply and abruptly stoped development of their military programs then that would be a valid argument.

Wouldn't all this spending have an effect on your nation's economy.

once again, that figure is not annual spending, it's only for purchasing new equipment.

right, where do you see me say its annual spending?

i merely said that its a fact that china is much larger GDP wise and if necessary can afford much more(and in fact it does have the second highest military spending), and that over time, given its larger GDP and thus Larger R and D and militray spending overall, its not strange to expect china to surpass russia in many areas even though russia does have a considerable head start.

I don't know what is your insistence in convincing us Russia has a superior military spending power than China? Even a kid will know China has far fatter defence budget to progress better since China has a bigger economy. Look at our national reserve, how much money we got.

Just look at the amount of modern warships we pump out in the last 5 years compare to Russia.

Can anyone tell me what's the radar on the j15?And any information on its EW suite.

I don't know what is your insistence in convincing us Russia has a superior military spending power than China? Even a kid will know China has far fatter defence budget to progress better since China has a bigger economy. Look at our national reserve, how much money we got.

Just look at the amount of modern warships we pump out in the last 5 years compare to Russia.

I don't know what your (and Chinese in this forum) insistence is in always pounding your chests and picking fights but the entire argument started off by a Chinese member making a provocative claim about engines that he could not back, from there, when he could not support his claim he started using military spending to justify himself.

I mentioned that Russia has no shortage of money when it comes to military spending since it allocated 600 billion on new equipment purchases (something that some here can still not grasp).

Either way do you know how much active soldiers China has compared to Russia? Over a million more soldiers, do you have any idea how much money it would cost to have those soldiers? A large chunk of Chinese military spending is simply on feeding, housing, transporting, clothing, and training those soldiers.

Why are chinese buying su-35 then,if chinese engines have surpassed russian.Another reason why j-20 without thrust vector or supercruising engine will fall short of true 5th gen standard if it uses chinese engine.

Why are chinese buying su-35 then,if chinese engines have surpassed russian.Another reason why j-20 without thrust vector or supercruising engine will fall short of true 5th gen standard if it uses chinese engine.

Plz tell me why buy Rafale without thrust vector engine?

Then why china buy 24 su-35 ,what i heard that china wanted to get its hand on the engine,but after j-11 experience russia agreed only to sell engine if they also bought su-35.24 was minimum number needed to be bought for russia to agree to sell.

Then why china buy 24 su-35 ,what i heard that china wanted to get its hand on the engine,but after j-11 experience russia agreed only to sell engine if they also bought su-35.24 was minimum number needed to be bought for russia to agree to sell.

We wanna obtain a good bargain for the oïl, that's it.

If they can offer us the cheap oïl price, then we could buy some of their fighters and diesel subs as a gift. :coffee:

Plz tell me how many you want us to buy Su-35?

We wanna obtain a good bargain for the oïl, that's it.

If they can offer us the cheap oïl price, then we could buy some of their fighters and diesel subs as a gift. :coffee:

China only imports around 6-7% of its oil from russia.So that's definitely not the case.

Back
Top Bottom