What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

I'm afraid no, all indications are that the J-15s will not have thrust vectoring.

The J-15 will be a possible complementary/training/testing plane with the J-31 looking to be the main player in the years to come for Chinese Carrier force.

The WS-15 will have Thrust vectoring, but there are still hurdles to cross. Though breakthroughs are being made. It is planned that J-31 and J-20 will have it barring any major setbacks.

The WS-15 is designed to match the F-22's F-199, and exceed the PAK FA's engine. Though it is still unclear on the PAK FA's engine situation until it actually starts to be produced.

Stop talking nonsense, you can't design to match something you know nothing about.

Stop talking nonsense, you can't design to match something you know nothing about.

That was a poor post, did not China design/develop J-20 And J-31 to match, exceed and correct in Areas.

That was a poor post, did not China design/develop J-20 And J-31 to match, exceed and correct in Areas.

No, because there is nothing to suggest that either of those match or exceed anything.

What is a poor post is claiming to match something when you have nothing to compare it to. Tell me what is the thrust-to weight ratio, fuel consumption, time between overhaul, service life, dry thrust, wet thrust, heat signature, reliability, ect of either engine.

The WS-15 is designed to match the F-22's F-199, and exceed the PAK FA's engine. Though it is still unclear on the PAK FA's engine situation until it actually starts to be produced.

I heard that the newest version of F-119 has reached the afterburner thrust of 177kn from the 156kn afterburner thrust of the original F-119.

That's why WS-15 needs at least 180kn, perhaps even more than 190kn, since the maximum takeoff weight of J-20 is going to be more than the F-22 raptor.

Can you say at least WS-15 aims to match the published specs of F-119?

Pratt & Whitney F119 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WS-15 needs to power the next gen Chinese aircraft with the F-22 and 35 being the primary adversary. Why isn't it sensible to you that China attempts to match the specs?

And if the US and Russian accusation of China copying F-22 is true, I am sure China knows a thing or two about F-119's specs.

T-50 engine flameout sets the Russian standard

I think PtldM3 is claiming that Russian engines are better than Chinese jet engines.

For example, Chinese jet engines do not flame out like Russian ones. Amazing Russian engineering.

----------

Flameout Caused T-50 Takeoff Abort | Defense Tech

"Flameout Caused T-50 Takeoff Abort
by John Reed on August 22, 2011

kxfqJ.jpg

The Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA’s aborted takeoff yesterday was caused by a flameout in the right-hand (starboard) engine built by Russian jet engine-maker Saturn. It turns out the jet that suffered the flameout was, T-50–2 (Side 52), the second of two PAK FA test jets built so far. T-50–2 was built to test out the actual mission systems of the stealthy fighter while its older sibling, T-50–1, was built to test the actual airframe. However, T-50–2 was grounded in early April and didn’t resume flying until about two weeks ago. Who knows what the cause of the grounding was and if it was linked to a reportedly new type of thrust-vectoring engine rumored to be planned for use in the jet.

T-50–2’s pilot had to slam on the brakes and deploy the braking parachute after two bursts of flame shot from the right engine as the aircraft was headed down the runway at roughly 60 mph."

I think PtldM3 is claiming that Russian engines are better than Chinese jet engines.

For example, Chinese jet engines do not flame out like Russian ones. Amazing Russian engineering.

----------

"Flameout Caused T-50 Takeoff Abort
by John Reed on August 22, 2011

kxfqJ.jpg

The Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA’s aborted takeoff yesterday was caused by a flameout in the right-hand (starboard) engine built by Russian jet engine-maker Saturn. It turns out the jet that suffered the flameout was, T-50–2 (Side 52), the second of two PAK FA test jets built so far. T-50–2 was built to test out the actual mission systems of the stealthy fighter while its older sibling, T-50–1, was built to test the actual airframe. However, T-50–2 was grounded in early April and didn’t resume flying until about two weeks ago. Who knows what the cause of the grounding was and if it was linked to a reportedly new type of thrust-vectoring engine rumored to be planned for use in the jet.

T-50–2’s pilot had to slam on the brakes and deploy the braking parachute after two bursts of flame shot from the right engine as the aircraft was headed down the runway at roughly 60 mph."

china still importing jet engines from Russia.... does you guys mass producing any jet engine? lol.... unlike Russians, chinese maintain secrecy in every thing, they don't let the info of technical problems that they are facing into media.... so you guys started thinking you are advanced in jet engine field? lol

china still importing jet engines from Russia.... does you guys mass producing any jet engine? lol.... unlike Russians, chinese maintain secrecy in every thing, they don't let the info of technical problems that they are facing into media.... so you guys started thinking you are advanced in jet engine field? lol

Did you not read post #42 on the previous page in this thread?

----------

Shenyang Aircraft Corporation's WS-10A engines are already in mass production

tQFLE.jpg

Could the WS-10A engine power the J-10, J-11B, and J-15 aircraft? The answer is "yes" if two conditions are met. Firstly, Chinese production of WS-10A engines must be sufficient to meet the demand (including production of parts for maintenance and replacement engines at the end of the expected lifetime) for all three aircraft.

Secondly, I don't know if WS-10A engines are interchangeable with AL-31F engines. If they are not readily interchangeable without modifying the fuselage then the current fighters with AL-31F engines will most likely stay with AL-31F replacement engines.

HWyjm.jpg

J-10B Vigorous Dragon flying with WS-10A engine

uibDi.jpg

J-11B flying with WS-10A engines

vNgn3.jpg

J-15 Flying Shark with WS-10A engines

To conclude the discussion on the use of domestic WS-10A engines on the J-10, J-11B, and J-15, there is a new photograph of a J-11BS equipped with WS-10A engines.

7rpku.jpg

"A [J-11BS] tandem twin-seat combat-capable training aircraft for J-11B pilots."

[Note: Thank you to SiegeCrossbow for the J-11BS picture.]

----------

WS-10A engine for J-10B Vigorous Dragon fighter in mass production

Vf425.jpg

WS-10A engine (with gearbox at the bottom) is designed to power the J-10B Vigorous Dragon fighter. This version of the WS-10A turbofan engine is said to have 13.2 ton maximum thrust. There are several wrapped engines near the floor.

[Note: Thank you to Pinko for the post.]

----------

Four new Chinese J-11B Shenyang Flanker fighters with domestic WS-10A engines

New-type Fighters in training (2) - People's Daily Online

"New-type Fighters in training (2)
(China Military Online)
September 17, 2012

ESi9j.jpg

Recently,four new-type fighters of an aviation unit of the air force under the Jinan Military Area Command (MAC) of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) flew to unfamiliar sea waters and organized training on such subjects as electronic confrontation and medium-range missile attack, penetration and assault, valley flight and so on, in a bid to lay a solid foundation for actual combat.

FBTaB.jpg

The fighter formation is in hedge-hopping flight. (Photo by Cui Wenbin/Chinamil)"

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2 for the newslink.]

Martian,

J-10B 1035 is indeed equipped with WS-10A, and we have seen it flying since 2011 as I recall.

In two year, assuming it test flies 5 hours per week, it would have only accumulated 540 hours on J-10B 1035.

I honestly would prefer 1000 hrs of flying record at least before mass deploying WS-10A on J-10Bs since the aircraft sports just one engine, and reliability is crucial. I believe that the engine is maturing, but it would be more prudent to delay the deployment on J-10B for a couple more years unless we are facing immediate war scenario. I am sure CAC is thinking similarly.

----------

"

It was a glitch in the software, that was quickly corrected. In early stages of development faults happen. You have to be naive to think that the J-20 has not encountered problems.

Either way I would take a flameout instead of a WS-10 disintegrating. And yes, currently Russian engines are much better then Chinese ones, better in service life, TBO, thrust, thrust-to-weight, ect.

And one question to all the Chinese here, why are you always picking fights, acting ignorant, and plainly acting like A-holes? While always playing the victims?

It was a glitch in the software, that was quickly corrected. In early stages of development faults happen. You have to be naive to think that the J-20 has not encountered problems.

Either way I would take a flameout instead of a WS-10 disintegrating. And yes, currently Russian engines are much better then Chinese ones, better in service life, TBO, thrust, thrust-to-weight, ect.

And one question to all the Chinese here, why are you always picking fights, acting ignorant, and plainly acting like A-holes? While always playing the victims?

because many posters here like you are giving false claims, trying to spread the demons on us!

we are developing engines which will have a much better performance and service life. You just have to wait for it. Not all Russians are like you thank goodness!

because many posters here like you are giving false claims, trying to spread the demons on us!

we are developing engines which will have a much better performance and service life. You just have to wait for it. Not all Russians are like you thank goodness!

What claims have I made that are false? Check who started the trash talking, it was a Chinese poster. This is what happens every time, yet I always get labeled the bad guy.

The Chinese members are always----always, the ones that go on the attack, it's always the pak-fa sucks, the F-22 sucks, the F-35 is garbage, we will surpass the Americans, we have surpassed the Russian, the Europeans have been surpassed, ect. Whenever anyone's challenges those claims they are immediately labeled trolls, anti Chinese, or false claimers for simply calling someone out on their BS.

What claims have I made that are false? Check who started the trash talking, it was a Chinese poster. This is what happens every time, yet I always get labeled the bad guy.

The Chinese members are always----always, the ones that go on the attack, it's always the pak-fa sucks, the F-22 sucks, the F-35 is garbage, we will surpass the Americans, we have surpassed the Russian, the Europeans have been surpassed, ect. Whenever anyone's challenges those claims they are immediately labeled trolls, anti Chinese, or false claimers for simply calling someone out on their BS.

Buddy. Are you taking those chinese seriously. Just take them as a time passers.:sleep:

Review all the posters here. All have been carrying on in very nice discussions until that China hater @jhungary came in, and some indians here made some frivolous remarks and then it is you who generalize us with your garbage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom