What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

When are we gonna see J-15S with the same grey paint job as the pair of J-15s below?

125803tenb4ywtoyt6dolw.jpg.thumb.jpg

125814ko6bpeyvopbpdlrr.jpg.thumb.jpg

125823f6zyafrprycxf4ez.jpg.thumb.jpg

125845t4qhqym4cxrzvmkh.jpg.thumb.jpg

It is hoped that J-15B is being finalized.

When are we gonna see J-15S with the same grey paint job as the pair of J-15s below?

125803tenb4ywtoyt6dolw.jpg.thumb.jpg

125814ko6bpeyvopbpdlrr.jpg.thumb.jpg

125823f6zyafrprycxf4ez.jpg.thumb.jpg

125845t4qhqym4cxrzvmkh.jpg.thumb.jpg

It is hoped that J-15B is being finalized.

Don't hold your breath. It's not going to be soon.

These fighters are extremely expensive, think about buying a private jet to put into perspective how expensive they really are.

The navy will at least use these J-15s as a test for engines and other features, also as a test and training for Carrier operations.

It would be foolish to roll out the 15Bs or any other variants without a lot of data collected from this current batch and batches after it.

In China ShenYang (SAC), Navy domestic J-15 fighters start to mass produce.
It means China Navy developing into Carrier Strike Time. :woot:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think we all know that Chinese would have taken license from Russian of Su-33 to develop at home and it means that there are 2-3 more carriers in line although then IN and IAF should also prepare it self and I am sure IAF should now look towards buying Rafaels and EF-2000 along with some 100 Mirage-2000s as interim from France...

@ChineseTiger1986:

In you last diagram/table:

WS-15 - 2014
WS-10 - 2012
WS-13 - 2009

I take it that the year refers to when the engine will be ready to start testing on production aircraft rather than fully ready for use?

That's irrelevant too, Since US is not going to sell F-22 that makes your mention of F-22 under that context equally irreleavnt. It equally applies to J-15 too. You are talking to yourself and making up nonsense.

Don't waste your breath with fools like this.

He had the nerve to call me stupid but his only argument to say that China in the future would not be able to build a powerful military was that rich Chinese would not allow the CCP to take their money to spend on weapons!:cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ChineseTiger1986:

WS-15 - 2014
WS-10 - 2012
WS-13 - 2009

I take it that the year refers to when the engine will be ready to start testing on production aircraft rather than fully ready for use?

No. The dates refer to mass production. WS-10 was first installed on a J-11 test platform in 2002.

----------

Shenyang Aircraft Corporation's WS-10A engines are already in mass production

tQFLE.jpg

Could the WS-10A engine power the J-10, J-11B, and J-15 aircraft? The answer is "yes" if two conditions are met. Firstly, Chinese production of WS-10A engines must be sufficient to meet the demand (including production of parts for maintenance and replacement engines at the end of the expected lifetime) for all three aircraft.

Secondly, I don't know if WS-10A engines are interchangeable with AL-31F engines. If they are not readily interchangeable without modifying the fuselage then the current fighters with AL-31F engines will most likely stay with AL-31F replacement engines.

HWyjm.jpg

J-10B Vigorous Dragon flying with WS-10A engine

uibDi.jpg

J-11B flying with WS-10A engines

vNgn3.jpg

J-15 Flying Shark with WS-10A engines

To conclude the discussion on the use of domestic WS-10A engines on the J-10, J-11B, and J-15, there is a new photograph of a J-11BS equipped with WS-10A engines.

7rpku.jpg

"A [J-11BS] tandem twin-seat combat-capable training aircraft for J-11B pilots."

[Note: Thank you to SiegeCrossbow for the J-11BS picture.]

----------

WS-10A engine for J-10B Vigorous Dragon fighter in mass production

Vf425.jpg

WS-10A engine (with gearbox at the bottom) is designed to power the J-10B Vigorous Dragon fighter. This version of the WS-10A turbofan engine is said to have 13.2 ton maximum thrust. There are several wrapped engines near the floor.

[Note: Thank you to Pinko for the post.]

----------

Four new Chinese J-11B Shenyang Flanker fighters with domestic WS-10A engines

New-type Fighters in training (2) - People's Daily Online

"New-type Fighters in training (2)
(China Military Online)
September 17, 2012

ESi9j.jpg

Recently,four new-type fighters of an aviation unit of the air force under the Jinan Military Area Command (MAC) of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) flew to unfamiliar sea waters and organized training on such subjects as electronic confrontation and medium-range missile attack, penetration and assault, valley flight and so on, in a bid to lay a solid foundation for actual combat.

FBTaB.jpg

The fighter formation is in hedge-hopping flight. (Photo by Cui Wenbin/Chinamil)"

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2 for the newslink.]

@Martian2 :

I am a little confused.

The WS-10A has been used in J-11B production aircraft since 2010 and there are reports that at least 200 have already been produced. The WS-10H is now being used for production J-15. So 2012 seems about right if the version being referred to maybe WS-10B in that table.

However, the WS-15 cannot be ready for mass production by 2014 as it is only 1 year away and it has not even been tested on J-20 fighters yet

Likewise, it is know that the WS-13 was first used on a flying JF-17 prototype in 2010 but there have not been much more news of this since then for some reason.

@Martian2 :

I am a little confused.

The WS-10A has been used in J-11B production aircraft since 2010 and there are reports that at least 200 have already been produced. The WS-10H is now being used for production J-15. So 2012 seems about right if the version being referred to maybe WS-10B in that table.

However, the WS-15 cannot be ready for mass production by 2014 as it is only 1 year away and it has not even been tested on J-20 fighters yet

Likewise, it is know that the WS-13 was first used on a flying JF-17 prototype in 2010 but there have not been much more news of this since then for some reason.

You are confusing lack of publicly released news with lack of development. The WS-15 has been in development for a decade.

According to Global Security, the core of the WS-15 engine was already functioning in 2005 (which is almost a decade ago).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/ws15.htm

"The core engine for the WS-15 engine was first tested in April 2005. The demonstrator was developed successfully and the prototype WS-15 was running smoothly. [Deleted gratuitous anti-China propaganda sentence]. Nonetheless, China has produced the WS-9 engine for the JH-7, the WS-10A engine for J-10, and the WS-15 for the new J-20 fourth generation stealth fighter. The WS-9 and WS-10A were both usable, and without the WS-10A China would not have negotiated J-10 orders with PAF."

You are confusing lack of publicly released news with lack of development. The WS-15 has been in development for a decade.

According to Global Security, the core of the WS-15 engine was already functioning in 2005 (which is almost a decade ago).

WS15

"The core engine for the WS-15 engine was first tested in April 2005. The demonstrator was developed successfully and the prototype WS-15 was running smoothly. [Deleted gratuitous anti-China propaganda sentence]. Nonetheless, China has produced the WS-9 engine for the JH-7, the WS-10A engine for J-10, and the WS-15 for the new J-20 fourth generation stealth fighter. The WS-9 and WS-10A were both usable, and without the WS-10A China would not have negotiated J-10 orders with PAF."

Looks like J-20 could be deployed by 2015/2016 if all goes well.

I think we all know that Chinese would have taken license from Russian of Su-33 to develop at home and it means that there are 2-3 more carriers in line although then IN and IAF should also prepare it self and I am sure IAF should now look towards buying Rafaels and EF-2000 along with some 100 Mirage-2000s as interim from France...
China didn't buy the license of Russia Su-33 and Russia also didn't exported any Su-33 to China (Seriously Russian ever refused China's Su-33 request), But Chinese got one T-10k(the prototype of Su-33) from Ukraine then delieved it to China ShenYang(SAC) research center.

Strickly China J-15 developed from Airforce J-10B and refered by that T-10k prototype (to google ShenYang T-10K u will find the pic). The T-10k of former S.U's Su-33 prototype in China was another opened secret !

6e9952f3fbedab6402d0698df736afc378311e7e.jpg

12821216680081.jpg

@ChineseTiger1986:

WS-15 - 2014
WS-10 - 2012
WS-13 - 2009

It is the date of the initial production, not the date of the mass production.

Russia has lost the platform of Su-33, that's why they are going after Mig-29K.

But seriously, a modernized Su-33 will no doubt be much more superior to a modernized Mig-29.

Russia has lost the platform of Su-33, that's why they are going after Mig-29K.

But seriously, a modernized Su-33 will no doubt be much more superior to a modernized Mig-29.

I remember Indian members jumping on me when I stated a while back that the J-15 would easily outperform the Mig-29K.

It is a larger aircraft and can carry a wider variety of both air-to-air and air-to-surface ordnance. Also it would be equipped with a radar that could detect much further than the smaller radar in Mig-29K.

Mass production of J-15 not yet started.

A few days ago there was still an official article from 112 to "secure the milestone".

Henri K.

That's irrelevant too, Since US is not going to sell F-22 that makes your mention of F-22 under that context equally irreleavnt. It equally applies to J-15 too. You are talking to yourself and making up nonsense.

Dude, the concept is the irrelevancy.

for example

China do not want to sell the J-15 and Pakistan wanted China to sell the J-15 have no relevance what so ever

So, even if China refuse to sell J-15, does that mean country like Pakistan or Sri Lanka cannot Day dream about getting J-15??

Same as US will not sell F-22 to foreign country does not mean anything to both Japan and Australia whom had expressed interest on the sale of F-22 before. Those 2 argument are both valid.

You are getting crazy with your argument here dude, suggest that you get your head check. You are getting ridiculous by the days :lol:

Is it possible to fit thrust vectoring in the engine. I heard that somewhere (Don't know where?) that China will fit thrust vectoring in new fighter planes.

With thrust vectoring, the J-15 will be more agile

I'm afraid no, all indications are that the J-15s will not have thrust vectoring.

The J-15 will be a possible complementary/training/testing plane with the J-31 looking to be the main player in the years to come for Chinese Carrier force.

The WS-15 will have Thrust vectoring, but there are still hurdles to cross. Though breakthroughs are being made. It is planned that J-31 and J-20 will have it barring any major setbacks.

The WS-15 is designed to match the F-22's F-199, and exceed the PAK FA's engine. Though it is still unclear on the PAK FA's engine situation until it actually starts to be produced.

Back
Top Bottom