What's new

Shelterless Sukhois suffering from sunstroke?

somebdy......please tell me what qualifications you need for being a journalist in india?
just look at the picture in this news report... *face palm*
m.oneindia.in/news//2011/12/26/indias-fighter-plans-sukhois-suffers-without-shelter.html
Nincompoops! Poor copy paste job from google images, apparently.

its very big concern for future becoz sukhoi lifetime may be decrease and increase in maintenance cost.

I have seen many of the Indian bases on Google Earth but find only 1 or 2 fighters parked in open air,whereas all pakistani air bases have many aircraft parked out side.Where is it happening? or it may be a trick,

Pictures dont often grab actual ground realities..
which is why google earth is not the best tool to judge situations.
Heat, Dust.. these are all common foes to any machinery.
However.. climate controlled shelters are VERY expensive.. and even the USAF resorts to using canvas or metal sheets in shelters.
The problem is with the dusty environment at most desert bases in the subcontinent.
Compared to the northern bases in Pakistan.. Jacobabad as a large number of shelters to protect aircraft from the elements.
Masoor on the other hand.. has less of these as the constant sea breeze keeps dust from settling..
it does however bring another more dangerous hazard.... RUST.

Some planes always have to be kept outside...which are ready to take off at short notice.

now i am glad MMRCA been delayed.
or we would see Eurofighters parked alongside Maruti 800.....under the sky......singing in the rain.

your concern for our aircrafts surprises me .:azn:

by the way if you had read my previous post you would realize this issue is being addressed . though it seem not to your satisfaction.:lol:

your concern for our aircrafts surprises me .:azn:

by the way if you had read my previous post you would realize this issue is being addressed . though it seem not to your satisfaction.:lol:

You know ... he is right ....
whenever I have landed or taken off from Pune airport I have seems atleast 20 + MKI's always parked outside be it night, day or rain.... on the canopy is covered. LAst time I took off it was raining quite heavily and these where parked outside...
I would not treat my bicycle so bad...
Its a real shame ... I wondered why they were not parked inside... but unfortunately ... there are no covered hangers ...
I hope they change that.

nah let them keep tanning.....just give em the right spares when they ask for them

there can be no sane explanation for this. comman sense and vigilance is what required by the staff.

IAF’s media managers said was: “Maintenance shelters have been procured at our airbases solely on the IAF’s initiative and more of these are being procured to cater to the varied environmental conditions of our country.”
Shelters being procured? WTF were we doing for the last 50 years? The same goes for those poor innocent onions lying outside to rot in the rain due to paucity of 'shelters' whilst millions are going hungry!

I have seen many of the Indian bases on Google Earth but find only 1 or 2 fighters parked in open air,whereas all pakistani air bases have many aircraft parked out side.Where is it happening? or it may be a trick,
Right! That's probably dummies parked there as part of an elaborate deception plan!! :what: :partay:

These things are pre planned.
not post planned after causing millions of dollars of damage and crashing planes.
school boy noob error i would say.

So you are saying Indians lack foresight in building shelters for the expensive fighters?

You know ... he is right ....
whenever I have landed or taken off from Pune airport I have seems atleast 20 + MKI's always parked outside be it night, day or rain.... on the canopy is covered. LAst time I took off it was raining quite heavily and these where parked outside...
I would not treat my bicycle so bad...
Its a real shame ... I wondered why they were not parked inside... but unfortunately ... there are no covered hangers ...
I hope they change that.

i too land there quiet often . but you forget that the Pune airport is a part of the AFS . second these are not like cars or bikes which rust with a little rain . but we will have to wait till 2013 till the up-gradation is complete of the AFB to have them in hardened shelters .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom