What's new

Sheikh Mujeeb-ur-Rehman famous speech against the neutrals: Joy Bangla! Joy Pakistan!

Yes my friend. I agree we would have gone our separate ways. Geographically, ethnically and culturally we are too distant but the tragedy is the way the split took place. In 1960s, 1970s many of my family were in Pak Army and some fought in BD. The effect of this on me as a young boy was extreme hatred for BD people. The hate permeated to us from our elders and this was in UK. I actually went out looking to beat up BD boys.

Even now after decades when Indians use 1971 It ranckles me and I get agitated. But I have I hope overcome my hatred for BD people and now increasingly respect them for the economic miracle you guys have pulled off. And I must admit your women do have cetain charm and exotic flavour.
Curious to know what was your opinion of Mujib being deprived of a legitimate election win before the war? Were you simply not aware of these things at that time?

So how is foreign policy going on now?
How's economy going on now?

If the country was in bad shape then as per you then it is in worst shape now

And if US is not behind the conspiracy then why don't army simply allow judicial commission for inquiry

Or a more simpler solution
Just public the Cipher
People will decide themselves

Please stop giving such bullshit explanation to cover up army blunders.
You tell me. How could the country be so badly off two months after the PTI government departed? Isn't this indicative of things being quite bad?

Army has no issues with a judicial commission being formed. Perhaps wait for the caretaker government to do it because your leadership does not trust the incumbent government.

You cannot go public with the cipher for reasons that are known to all. But the contents are known to all. For Iran, the Americans talk about replacing the Mullahs every month. How is that vs. calling for not willing to work with IK any different? It is interference, but what is the actual tangible proof that a conspiracy was afoot?

Spend some time with Zarvan on the art of espousing the benefit of the FN SCAR. I'm sure that'll change your PR.
Yes, I see the longest running thread in the history of PDF. I drop in there every 6 months and ask if the next generation battle rifle has been selected yet. I think it has already been 5 years running. :-)

How could the country be so badly off two months after the PTI government departed? Isn't this indicative of things being quite bad?
You tell me
If country was in so bad shape then it didn't collapse Iike this in 40 months of PTI?

I can bet you if PTI would have been govt today situation would have been control

Why why?

Also judicial commission will be formed by Supreme court
Government have nothing to do with it.
PTI won't complain as they're demanding it now under present govt

You tell me
If country was in so bad shape then it didn't collapse Iike this in 40 months of PTI?

I can bet you if PTI would have been govt today situation would have been control

Why why?

Also judicial commission will be formed by Supreme court
Government have nothing to do with it.
PTI won't complain as they're demanding it now under present govt
Circular argument. PTI was going to go to IMF the same as the current government. You want points for that?

What kind of control would PTI have on the situation when the subsidies that it initiated are doing the economy in? They would have just passed the buck, the same as the PDM government by going to the IMF. No? Did they have some magic pill on hand? All the friends had already said no.

If the judicial commission is to be formed by the Supreme Court then PTI should be remonstrating to the bench. Why make this an establishment issue? It isn't as if the military told the Americans to interfere. They have no issue with a commission being set up.

The point is establishment should not have interfered in the working of the government.

There is fundamentally very wrong that a General thinks economy is not doing well, therefore he/she decides to take matter in his/her own hands.

PTI would have handled/mishandled the economy and it would have been on them until the next elections.

End of the day, what happened? Majority of the public are taking the Generals to the cleaners. Had they been able to go back in time, they would not have done what they did. And to install the gentlemen at the helm whose to put it mildly, not a very honest person. It was a miscalculation, no two ways about it.

No point crying over spilt milk now. These mistakes can be corrected very simply by resigning in November, and making sure his juniors disconnect themselves from politics and go back to their barracks.

@KaiserX @blain2 @ @Abdul Rehman Majeed @Azadkashmir @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @fallstuff @Norwegian @Ghazwa-e-Hind @Dalit @PanzerKiel
His own experience
also, the bengalis experienced disownment long before 71.. Original PML lost election in Bengal in 57. Also, 65 war made them feel deserted.

Yes, the resentment among Bengalis was happening long before 71' because they were not treated justly.

I think there was a brawl in Pakistani parliament too in 1960's, where a bengali parliamentarian died after getting hit with an object. I dont remember its details correctly, if someone has link, do share

Edit: found the link

Curious to know what was your opinion of Mujib being deprived of a legitimate election win before the war? Were you simply not aware of these things at that time?
he had said it in another message I think. something along the lines of "I thought Mujib to be a traitor at the time and was very angry but then slowly realised the truth" etc.

PAKISTAN: Death in the Chair​

Monday, Oct. 06, 1958

Though the eleven-year-old republic of Pakistan has yet to hold its first general election, its politicians stage some of the fiercest parliamentary battles of the British Commonwealth. Last week in Dacca, the evenly matched government and opposition forces of East Pakistan waged the biggest brawl in the young country's brief history.

It began when Abdul Hakim, speaker of the East Pakistan Provincial Assembly, managed to destroy the government's slim parliamentary majority by disqualifying half a dozen government deputies for unlawfully holding state jobs on the side. Outraged government deputies laid down a barrage of paperweights, desk panels and curtain rods, chased him out the door, voted him "insane." Thereupon one of their men, Deputy Speaker Shahid Ali, took over his place.

When parliament met again, the new speaker readmitted the six deputies. Opposition members exploded with fury. They tore their desks from the floor ripped their microphones out of their stands, and charged. Steel microphone stands whipped at Ali's face, a desk panel struck him full on the head, and he went down in a pool of blood. After steel-helmeted cops arrived to break up the melee, sergeants-at-arms bore Mr. Speaker off to a hospital on a stretcher. He died two days later, the first presiding officer of any parliament in the history of the British Commonwealth to perish of injuries received while occupying the chair.

FW6ix6LXwAEUy3K.jpeg

Yes, I see the longest running thread in the history of PDF. I drop in there every 6 months and ask if the next generation battle rifle has been selected yet. I think it has already been 5 years running. :-)
No, you need to call for a new battle rifle. Throw your support behind the FN SCAR. Then come back to this thread, I'm sure you'll get 10-12 new supporters, just like that.

No, you need to call for a new battle rifle. Throw your support behind the FN SCAR. Then come back to this thread, I'm sure you'll get 10-12 new supporters, just like that.

Only in Pakistan where it takes 5+ years to chose an assault rifle.
God knows how there active war planning speed would be.

Im at the point where I'm close to not caring what happens in Pakistan. Thankfully my parents had the foresight and were fortunate enough(although they will argue it was a mistake) to bring me to the US at a young age. I feel for you people who are stuck there.

Pakistan is a slave state and it will remain that way. The people will remain slaves to the establishment and their puppets Zardaris/Sharifs or whoever they decide to roll out next and in turn they will remain slaves to Uncle Sam and the all mighty dollar. The courts, police and other state machinery will be rotten forever. Corruption and nepotism will remain forever. Foreign policy will be decided by foreign masters.

I think I will tell my kids we are Indian. Aleast that way they can be proud of their background. I just feel bad for my father an PTI supporter, who while spending most of his adult life overseas still has a strong yearning to retire in Pakistan and live off the land he acquired in the village.

Last edited:
Don't know if I ever told you that my father was involved in the evaluation and selection of G-3/AR platform back in 1963 timeframe. 60 years later, the saga continues...:-)
Only in Pakistan where it takes 5+ years to chose an assault rifle.
God knows how there active war planning speed would be.
You need $. As an example, to set up FN-SCAR production line, it is a multi-billion USD venture. Nobody at FN is willing to give up their crown-jewels cheaply. The same goes for other foreign variants. Our challenge is that we cannot buy off the shelf as it is not cost-effective for such a large purchase. But to buy licensed production means we need to pay even more for which we have no funding.

A member was suggesting to run our military on $1B USD per annum. Maybe we can issue bamboo-sticks to our jawans as our next generation platform.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom