What's new

Sharmeen Obaid wins second Oscar award

Oh for God sake, nothing but personal ambition and using the same old topic to create a documentary churned out to please the judges of Oscars which are already controversial white dominated awards. Everyone is jumping onto congratulatory band wagon. There is no honour in this. Those of you who live abroad will know when people ask you effing stupid questions about how primitive and barbaric men are from Pakistan. I will surely send regards to miss Chinoy if someone asks me an idiotic question based on this.

Normally a Oscar that would have shown Pakistan's soft side perhaps would have been more attractive to me

Rage killings happen world wide, boyfriend / gf taking out ex lovers, or husband killing cheating wife etc

Does anyone tracks number of suicides when couples breakup in high education institutes

With that stated I think people have certain rights to marry who they want however don't really see how this Oscar brings anything positive to Pakistan
agreed 100%....i don't see how her films help these causes..they only seem to bring disgrace..

Now we have 3 Oscars .. this lady bring two , and 1 we have it here on PDF :D

Normally a Oscar that would have shown Pakistan's soft side perhaps would have been more attractive to me

Rage killings happen world wide, boyfriend / gf taking out ex lovers, or husband killing cheating wife etc

Does anyone tracks number of suicides when couples breakup in high education institutes

With that stated I think people have certain rights to marry who they want however don't really see how this Oscar brings anything positive to Pakistan

agreed 100%....i don't see how her films help these causes..they only seem to bring disgrace..

Did either one of you managed to watch the film by any chance ?

12801351_596887130466935_3726759885987422203_n.jpg

Oh for God sake, nothing but personal ambition and using the same old topic to create a documentary churned out to please the judges of Oscars which are already controversial white dominated awards. Everyone is jumping onto congratulatory band wagon. There is no honour in this. Those of you who live abroad will know when people ask you effing stupid questions about how primitive and barbaric men are from Pakistan. I will surely send regards to miss Chinoy if someone asks me an idiotic question based on this.

So, you care more about your personal image than the weak women who are victims of brutal violence at the hands of backward men of our society?

So, you care more about your personal image than the weak women who are victims of brutal violence at the hands of backward men of our society?
Spare me this bullcrap, films do not empower women and certainly not by winning oscars. It is not about awareness, those who kill women for honour won't stop by watching this short docu and if we make laws because of aftermath of this film we should think hard about what sort of nincompoop lawmakers we have. There are many other pertinent selfless venues to help and empower women not these useless feel good crap for people with attention span of mili seconds!

Spare me this bullcrap, films do not empower women and certainly not by winning oscars. It is not about awareness, those who kill women for honour won't stop by watching this short docu and if we make laws because of aftermath of this film we should think hard about what sort of nincompoop lawmakers we have. There are many other pertinent selfless venues to help and empower women not these useless feel good crap for people with attention span of mili seconds!
Well, due to this documentary the prime minister has decided to revamp and create new laws against the honour killings. There is a new domestic violence bill sought to help the victims of domestic violence.

This is definitely more concrete efforts to help tackle this issue than your injured personel ego that serves only to satisfy you.

Well, due to this documentary the prime minister has decided to revamp and create new laws against the honour killings. There is a new domestic violence bill sought to help the victims of domestic violence.

This is definitely more concrete efforts to help tackle this issue than your injured personel ego that serves only to satisfy you.
Actually you proved my point, where was our honorable Prime minister when a lady in our land was killed in honor, was he waiting for a movie to win an oscar? This is the very reason nothing changes in Pakistan. Hoo Haa from people like you to start with and after few days there is new hot topic and there vanishes all the fuss! Do you remember there were brothers killed in Sialkot lynched? Ever wonder where did all that noisy people go? Wounded egos? Are you kidding me? I pain at the callousness of exploitation of this sensitive matter for personal fame which will end with nothing but further character assassination of Pakistanis. I fear for that muslim lady who gets run over by a racist because of this general characterisation of Pakistanis in west. I weep for that Imam who was killed for hate in a UK city victim to this characterisation. Lines get blurred very easily my friend.

Actually you proved my point, where was our honorable Prime minister when a lady in our land was killed in honor, was he waiting for a movie to win an oscar? This is the very reason nothing changes in Pakistan. Hoo Haa from people like you to start with and after few days there is new hot topic and there vanishes all the fuss! Do you remember there were brothers killed in Sialkot lynched? Ever wonder where did all that noisy people go? Wounded egos? Are you kidding me? I pain at the callousness of exploitation of this sensitive matter for personal fame which will end with nothing but further character assassination of Pakistanis. I fear for that muslim lady who gets run over by a racist because of this general characterisation of Pakistanis in west. I weep for that Imam who was killed for hate in a UK city victim to this characterisation. Lines get blurred very easily my friend.
And now they're finally doing something about it. They're making laws and trying to enforce them. To protect the weak and the helpless. Is going to be 100%, no. But its a step in the right direction.

And What does it matter that it took a documentary to get the leaders to notice this problem and do something about it. As long as it's being done and it saves even one person's life, I would favor that over someone's hurt ego.

And now they're finally doing something about it. They're making laws and trying to enforce them. To protect the weak and the helpless. Is going to be 100%, no. But its a step in the right direction.

And What does it matter that it took a documentary to get the leaders to notice this problem and do something about it. As long as it's being done and it saves even one person's life, I would favor that over someone's hurt ego.
You do not have an answer to my objections and you are arguing for the sake of argument! Hurt egos anyone? Sleep well in your comfort zone and feel good land!

American using her for their interests, second Award to her they already blessed Malala before Otherday I heard some woman from Pakistan Ger High Rank in UNO! Zaroor koi Amriki sazish hai koi.

To hell with what the world thinks ...that is their problem and thinking....what it does for us is what WE should think about...if this is true its a BIG win:

“This week the Pakistani PM said he would change the law on honor killing after watching this film — that is the power of film!” she added.

The thing about publicity good or bad makes those in decision making positions to stop shuffling their feet and start running...

Sure the PM was prob dead before the documentary that is how sad it was...A wake up call be it late is better than none!

Zaroor koi Amriki sazish hai koi.
Ya ALLAH ka raham on those future victims ....try thinking positively at least for the sake of your own country and people!

I have noticed that raising awareness is something fawned upon by Pakistanis even if they are living abroad...Which kind of surprises me...

When documentaries about Africa are aired same people go about time some attention is given to that issue but when an issue is raised in their own country it goes down the intolerance dump? WHY?

:tup: :tup: :tup: to the woman who said WE won our 2nd Oscar....
“‪Pakistan‬, we just won our 2nd Oscar!!”

Back
Top Bottom