What's new

Sharing husband could boost family health and wealth!

With due respect to your opinion - Pseudo-Polygamy is routinely practiced by single women as well as men in the West. It's called 'seeing' multiple people.

It is a thoroughly modern practice and nothing Stone Age about it.

The concept of a monogamous married family is fading in the West fast - younger men are not interested in squandering their life away in a loss-making venture anymore.

Bachelor Nation: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 Are Not Married

Why buy something when you can lease it? And this applies to both goose and gander.
The title reads "Sharing husband" so we are clearly talking about married couples here.
I do not have anything against people who have multiple partners and are unmarried. But those who are married must stick to one partner specially if they have kids.

get a mistress
How is that useful for the wife that you are cheating on the very vow you made to her? And also on the children- the son can do that to anyone's daughter and the daughter can be treated like that by anyone's son, right? After all that is the example you are setting!
2ndly, why get a mistress? Why spend money on a woman who will later go to the next man and not invest it in a woman who will be by your side through thick and thin?
3rdly, why get diseases coz you have no control over a mistress as you have no contract with her she can have as many partners as she wants and give you as many diseases as you like...How is that beneficial again?
4thly, what advantage is getting one when you yourself said you cant handle 1 wife?

How is that useful for the wife that you are cheating on the very vow you made to her? And also on the children- the son can do that to anyone's daughter and the daughter can be treated like that by anyone's son, right? After all that is the example you are setting!
2ndly, why get a mistress? Why spend money on a woman who will later go to the next man and not invest it in a woman who will be by your side through thick and thin?
3rdly, why get diseases coz you have no control over a mistress as you have no contract with her she can have as many partners as she wants and give you as many diseases as you like...How is that beneficial again?
4thly, what advantage is getting one when you yourself said you cant handle 1 wife?

Yeh sab dikhava hein..... Yeh log sub.....Jis din shadi karega doosre dinse "joru ke gulam" Banega...... Mistress kya, Eik peg daroo bhi peene keliyea beewi'se poochna padtha hein.......Lol...

Yeh sab dikhava hein..... Yeh log sub.....Jis din shadi karega doosre dinse "joru ke gulam" Banega...... Mistress kya, Eik peg daroo bhi peene keliyea beewi'se poochna padtha hein.......Lol...
lolz....I see :D

The title reads "Sharing husband" so we are clearly talking about married couples here.
I do not have anything against people who have multiple partners and are unmarried. But those who are married must stick to one partner specially if they have kids.
Spoke my mind. :tup:

I am engaged and i know this is my fate baki sab kehnay ki batein even staring at women or looking at some raunchy pics or videos will turn Mrs Sheikh into Albaghdadi :butcher:

I am engaged and i know this is my fate baki sab kehnay ki batein even staring at women or looking at some raunchy pics or videos will turn Mrs Sheikh into Albaghdadi :butcher:

@fakhre mirpur Bhaijaan - on a serious note, the commitment of marriage must be based on mutual respect. :-)

Although I know you are joking about your present situation, marriage cannot turn into a master-slave arrangement.

If I as a man submit into this slavery unconditionally (can't talk to another woman at a party/gathering or look at soft-p*rn like mens' magazines without mem-sahiba flying into a rage) then this cannot be a healthy situation for either partner.

To most of those around me - the rule among married couples is that 'look all you want - but no touching'.

Trust must be a pre-requisite in a marriage, until and unless it is broken. Rules should always be set by cool, reasonable exchanges of thought.

'Dar' or 'societal shaming' alone cannot be a reasoning to keep a marriage going. if it is, then it is too late to save that marriage.

There is a reason why we have 'Teen Talaq' as a rule in Islamic marital law.

I know you're stating this as the ideal situation.

But reality is different. To my knowledge, almost every successful businessman in the city of Dhaka has an exclusive mistress he keeps. It is almost a prestige issue among men. The mistress can be utilized for fun vacations and overseas trips.

This is a covert secret lifestyle under wraps under the overt public life with wife/kids etc. feigning a respectable 'outer shell'.

In most larger South Asian cities - the story is the same.

So you have to ask - why are the men cheating?

@fakhre mirpur Bhaijaan - on a serious note, the commitment of marriage must be based on mutual respect. :-)

Although I know you are joking about your present situation, marriage cannot turn into a master-slave arrangement.

If I as a man submit into this slavery unconditionally (can't talk to another woman at a party/gathering or look at soft-p*rn like mens' magazines without mem-sahiba flying into a rage) then this cannot be a healthy situation for either partner.

To most of those around me - the rule among married couples is that 'look all you want - but no touching'.

Trust must be a pre-requisite in a marriage, until and unless it is broken.

'Dar' or 'societal shaming' cannot be a reasoning to keep a marriage going, if it is then, it is too late to save that marriage.

There is a reason we have 'Teen Talaq' as a rule in Islamic marital law.
Ending a realationship over trust issues nah i think its better to work over things slowly than end it ,i think opinions and behaviours will change after we actually tie the knots

Ending a realationship over trust issues nah i think its better to work over things slowly than end it ,i think opinions and behaviours will change after we actually tie the knots

I respect your views but IMHO opinion and behavior does not change much Bhaisaab. By 18 most people have made up their minds on what kind of person they want to be.

It is always better to 'talk over' rules of engagement prior to Nikah to avoid feelings of anger/hurt. :-)

The ritual of talking to each other has more meaning than men and women realize. Being frank pays off in the end.

But this is splitting hairs. Good luck - Aapko aur Bhabijaan-ki Shaadi Mubarak ke liye congrats :-)

Last edited:
Sharing husband could boost family health and wealth!
By IANS
Published: October 29, 2015
54SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
981335-advice-1446104543-506-640x480.jpg

Most countries around the globe ban or restrict marriages to more than one spouse at a time. PHOTO: DESIFREETV

NEW YORK: Polygyny – where one husband has more wives than one – may not be as bad as it is often made out to be. New research has found that the practice of sharing a husband may, in some circumstances, lead to greater health and wealth for women and their children.

Most countries around the globe ban or restrict marriages to more than one spouse at a time. And polygyny is decried by the United Nations Human Rights Commission and women’s rights organisations as discriminatory to women.

For the study, the researchers compared polygynous and monogamous households in 56 villages in northern Tanzania, where polygyny is widespread among certain ethnic groups, including the Maasai.

Emotional attachment to work good for your health

When comparing households within individual villages, polygynous households often had better access to food and healthier children. Polygynous households also owned more cattle and farmed more land than monogamous households.

These findings support evolutionary anthropological accounts of marriage indicating that polygyny can be in a woman’s strategic interest when women depend on men for resources.

“If you have a choice of a guy who has 180 cows, lots of land and other wives, it might be better for you to marry him rather than a guy who has no wives, three cows and one acre,” said one of the researchers Monique Borgerhoff Mulder from University of California, Davis in the US.

The research highlight the importance of local context in studying the health implications of cultural practices, and suggest that in some settings, prohibiting polygyny could be disadvantageous to women by restricting their marriage options.

Angry women lose influence

“The issue is not the number of partners,” Borgerhoff Mulder said. ”Women should be assured the autonomy to make the decisions they want,” she pointed out.

Tanzania faces a high burden of food insecurity and malnutrition. Previous research showed that nearly 60 percent of Tanzanian Maasai children experience stunting.

“Our study suggests that highly polygynous, predominantly Maasai, villages do poorly not because of polygyny, but because of vulnerability to drought, low service provision and broader socio-political disadvantages,” lead author of the study David Lawson from London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine explained.

The study was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Sharing husband could boost family health and wealth! - The Express Tribune

@Ifrit @Bilal9 @vsdoc @jamahir @waz

This article is about Mormonism and polygamy

Mormonism and polygamy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I respect your views but IMHO opinion and behavior does not change much Bhaisaab. By 18 most people have made up their minds on what kind of person they want to be.

It is always better to 'talk over' rules of engagement prior to Nikah to avoid feelings of anger/hurt. :-)

The ritual of talking to each other has more meaning than men and women realize. Being frank pays off in the end.

But this is splitting hairs. Good luck - Aapko aur Bhabijaan-ki Shaadi Mubarak Ho :-)
Not married only engaged i forgot to write soon to be Mrs Sheikh o( ><)o

This is not considered a healthy situation - going groveling to the missus asking for permission for insignificant things.

I'd change my situation.

But I realize some people can be stuck in that situation for one reason or another.

But this is splitting hairs. Good luck - Aapko aur Bhabijaan-ki Shaadi Mubarak ke liye congrats :-)
2019 is the year my freedom will officialy be snatched from me (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Back
Top Bottom