What's new

Shane Bond quits International cricket

Mirza Jatt

Reaction score
Country
India
New Zealand fast bowling star Shane Bond said on Friday he was ending a playing career which combined spectacular success with a frustrating succession of injuries.

The 34-year-old, who announced his retirement from Test cricket in December after yet another injury cut short his series against Pakistan, said he was unwilling to compromise his standards by continuing in international cricket.

"I know the time is right for me to step down," he said in a statement announcing his retirement from all cricket.

"I dreamed of playing for New Zealand when I was six. The reality of what has unfolded was more than I could ever hope for and I have been extremely proud to represent New Zealand.

"I am going to miss a lot of this but I know now is the time to bow out."

When fit, Bond was New Zealand's best fast bowler since Richard Hadlee and he ended his Test career with 87 wickets from 18 matches at an average of 22.09.

In 82 one-day internationals, he captured 147 wickets at an average of 20.88.

The former police officer combined blistering pace with fine control and swing, but a string of injuries frequently interrupted his career following his international debut in 2001.

New Zealand Cricket chief executive Justin Vaughan said Bond would be "almost impossible to replace".

Captain Daniel Vettori agreed, saying New Zealand had been lucky to have a player of Bond's stature.

"For me personally it is a big loss -- I think he could still be a really good player for us for some time to come," Vettori said.

"But I know how much effort he puts in to stay on the park. He knows his body and he knows what he needs to do to prepare for international cricket."

Read more at: Shane Bond quits international cricket - CRICKETNDTV.com

Shane_Bond.jpg

IPL Fcukked every player in the World ..

Its rite time now ban this $HIT IPL who only bring great LOSS to Cricket ..

now Players will go for IPL ( easy Money )

IPL Fcukked every player in the World ..

Its rite time now ban this $HIT IPL who only bring great LOSS to Cricket ..

now Players will go for IPL ( easy Money )

FYI...he was already sufering from inuries...still he was taken for IPl..he never suffered any injury in IPL.

please do not ruin this thread with unncessary BS..if any grudges against IPL for any reason, please take out your anger in the IPL thread...I created this thread for the members who have a lot of respect for this superbly talented bowler.

FYI...he was already sufering from inuries...still he was taken for IPl..he never suffered any injury in IPL.

please do not ruin this thread with unncessary BS..if any grudges against IPL for any reason, please take out your anger in the IPL thread...I created this thread for the members who have a lot of respect for this superbly talented bowler.

No Bowler is a Bowler until he is Test Match Bowler ...

All the Legendary fast Bowlers come until now are best on test Matches ...

Injury was just an excuse to DUMP his Country so he can make easy money ....

All the Legendary fast Bowlers come until now are best on test Matches ...

let me surprise you......... IPL is over so no one is going to pay him now...... no service no pay :no:

All the Legendary Bowlers come until now are best on test Matches ...[/QUOTE].

Ok I take your opinion..very fair...no issues..My opinion..he is still a very good bolwer..he could not continue the test carrer due to continuous injuries that he suffered..and wanted to focus on ODIs (his peronal choice).

In case you are dragging IPL again then I have nothing to say..as I alsready said dont drag IPL here...he has been suffering injuries on a regular basis even bfore IPl started...thus he left the test cricket...anyways.

Great loss to cricket.... I was a very fan of his bowling.... will miss him...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom