What's new

Shamefully ignored by authorities, Salomi kills self(wife of Prof. T J Joseph)

India never was, never is, and never will be a secular country.

Secularism IMO, has been reduced to an idea that religious tension be cooled enough to have a functioning society.

Religion will always be part of Indian society.

Otherwise, books, articles, songs and movies can get pulled out all the tie when a Muslim, Chrisitian or Hindu don't like what they see.

In a way, I can see the logic behind it. Look at the idiots above.
Brilliantly summed up :tup: . I have trying to make this point for some time - but was never this eloquent. :D
Secularism in India means only one thing - subjugation of religion/religious practices - something that is never going to happen (given the emotional state of a child).

The professor's wife should have accepted the fate instead of fighting in the courts. Kerala, I believe is the only state that still has a thriving Muslim League presence. Enough said. :coffee:

The people of Kerala alone are to blame for this sad turn of events. The Popular Front and its supporters are not hypocrites - they are outright Islamofascists, a charge they do not deny! The people have supported them and they will suffer. You reap what you sow. Welcome the Religion(s) of Peace.
:disagree:
LOL....Thank you for posting that. Now here is the real point,

1. The extract was from a University approved Book.
2. The book was part of the Syllabus

NOW here is the truly SECULAR PART,

In the University approved Book the protagonist is a HINDU named Murali and he is talking to the Hindu God ....and the conversation is EXACTLY as you have posted. :lol:

HOWEVER the Book itself is written by a MUSLIM Mr. Kunju Muhammed :cheesy:

....SO far it is SECULAR ...and all is well with the world.

Now the Prof. Joseph removes the Hindu protagonist and replaces him with the author of the book, Muhammed and thus converts in into a conversation between Muhammed and Allah :lol:

Suddenly this is NOT SECULAR .....and the prof. Hands get chopped off.
And therein lies the story NO ONE want to talk about. Get it Mr. Secular ?
@Indischer - You must admit there is real merit in his reasoning here :D
Looks like the Muslim students did not like being in Hindu shoes very much........ hence chop chop.
I don't usually agree to your point of view but this one? Well written. :tup:

Last edited:

The people of Kerala alone are to blame for this sad turn of events. The Popular Front and its supporters are not hypocrites - they are outright Islamofascists, a charge they do not deny! The people have supported them and they will suffer. You reap what you sow. Welcome the Religion(s) of Peace.
:disagree:

Well Kerala is very different from other states as Kerala has good population of all the religion..... I dono if you can call Muslims minority any more.... as their population has so high that it is more than 25%.( i dont remember the exact numbers)....

The problems where started when Madni started his ISS and his speeches were too provocative..... Parallel to that there were other movements like SIMI and Jamaat e islami and NDF..... All of them in one side and RSS on the other side..... The third important link to this is CPIM..... The common enemy of RSS and NDF is CPIM.... and they used to have violent clashes between them.... But over a period of time CPIM has changed they also got involved into this vote bank politics.....

Yes i agree If you look from outside Kerala may look calm but there are lot of underwater flowing.... and Authorities are aware and they keep it under the carpet.....

But then this is a small group of people who has extreme views.... there are huge population who has moderate views and their education makes it difficult for these extremists to influence them......

Well Kerala is very different from other states as Kerala has good population of all the religion..... I dono if you can call Muslims minority any more.... as their population has so high that it is more than 25%.( i dont remember the exact numbers)....

The problems where started when Madni started his ISS and his speeches were too provocative..... Parallel to that there were other movements like SIMI and Jamaat e islami and NDF..... All of them in one side and RSS on the other side..... The third important link to this is CPIM..... The common enemy of RSS and NDF is CPIM.... and they used to have violent clashes between them.... But over a period of time CPIM has changed they also got involved into this vote bank politics.....

Yes i agree If you look from outside Kerala may look calm but there are lot of underwater flowing.... and Authorities are aware and they keep it under the carpet.....

But then this is a small group of people who has extreme views.... there are huge population who has moderate views and their education makes it difficult for these extremists to influence them......
It is a matter of time till Kerala becomes another Kashmir. I honestly admit that I am not saddened by this turn of events. When we were thrown out of our homeland, the majority of the Indian population stayed in silence. There was no universal condemnation, no Medha Patkar, no books from Arundhati Roy, no tears from the Left. We remained mute till a few years back - when the Religion of Peace had already made headlines. Even today we remain a - "See you'll be like them" case.

So yes, the people of the mainland will pay, and not because of us, but due to their own mistakes. Evil spreads not because of the actions of a minority, but the inaction of the majority. History will repeat.
:tup:

I don't usually agree to your point of view but this one? Well written. :tup:

You don't have to agree with any of my views, just have to think about it. If I can force you to think on it then my job is done. Eventually you will come round and agree with me :angel:

BTW which specific point of view my don't you agree with (yet ;)) ?

The people of Kerala alone are to blame for this sad turn of events. The Popular Front and its supporters are not hypocrites - they are outright Islamofascists, a charge they do not deny! The people have supported them and they will suffer. You reap what you sow. Welcome the Religion(s) of Peace. :disagree:

As a matter of fact they are to be blamed, but I have often wondered what has brought kerala to such a dismal state.

I have often found people from Kerala to take perverse pleasure in criticizing their society. Denigrating the culture, but at the same time imagine themselves to be superior to say the Tamils.

This kind of societal low self esteem comes from constant abuse and criticism.

Somewhere the society has forgotten how to look inwards and recognize its own strengths. Unless that happens and Malayalees rediscover their own roots and take pride in it (rather than recent HDI), this will continue to be the state of affairs. Very similar to Pakistan's identity crisis.

It is a matter of time till Kerala becomes another Kashmir. I honestly admit that I am not saddened by this turn of events. When we were thrown out of our homeland, the majority of the Indian population stayed in silence. There was no universal condemnation, no Medha Patkar, no books from Arundhati Roy, no tears from the Left. We remained mute till a few years back - when the Religion of Peace had already made headlines. Even today we remain a - "See you'll be like them" case.

So yes, the people of the mainland will pay, and not because of us, but due to their own mistakes. Evil spreads not because of the actions of a minority, but the inaction of the majority. History will repeat.
:tup:

It is something that should bring grief to you.

Kerala and Assam were the last strong holds of Hinduism and played a key role in reviving Hinduism in India.

Kashmir in the past used to be the stronghold of Hinduism, with its rich religious and philosophical history and knowledge. Look at it today. :sick:

This is Sharada Peetha ...... one of the most renowned seats of learning, today in Azad Kashmir.

sharda6.jpg

This is your famous Marthanda Temple...

383px-Sun_temple_martand_indogreek.jpg

....the once famous Avantiswami Vishnu temple

Avantismin%20050.jpg

....once famous Avantiswara Shiva Temple....

Avantiswarar%20006.jpg

.....mentioned this specifically since you are a kashmiri pandit.

It is something that should bring grief to you.

Kerala and Assam were the last strong holds of Hinduism and played a key role in reviving Hinduism in India.

Kashmir in the past used to be the stronghold of Hinduism, with its rich religious and philosophical history and knowledge. Look at it today. :sick:

This is Sharada Peetha ...... one of the most renowned seats of learning, today in Azad Kashmir.

sharda6.jpg

This is your famous Marthanda Temple...

383px-Sun_temple_martand_indogreek.jpg

....the once famous Avantiswami Vishnu temple

Avantismin%20050.jpg

....once famous Avantiswara Shiva Temple....

Avantiswarar%20006.jpg

.....mentioned this specifically since you are a kashmiri pandit.
You missed the scathing sarcasm of the entire post of mine :hitwall: You post well, but read more than the first line pls.
Mattan (the place of Martand Sun Temple) is my hometown. We have had a long interaction with the Religion of Peace.
If Dharmic people still follow the defeatist approach, Swami Padmanava Temple will be no different to the pictures you posted above. Never have I seen an exception to the rule.

The only reason Mattan is still Hindu majority(in Kashmir!) is because the Pandits here are not meek. No wonder no money is invested by the State Government here. You won't believe how blatantly communal (meaning anti Hindu) our State can be. Yet our forefathers accepted it meekly. Now - not going to happen. That's why we saw a riot in Kishtwar, not a one sided massacre( that was the plan, kill few Pandits and take their property).
:agree:

It's not fair, but it's for our survival. Mattan is a very closed community, so much so that it is generally kept out of bounds of many tourist circuits. There is the beautiful ruins of Martand temple, the history of which is written by ASI in a board - Kinda brings bad name to our secular fabric.

You missed the scathing sarcasm of the entire post of mine :hitwall: You post well, but read more than the first line pls.
Mattan (the place of Martand Sun Temple) is my hometown. We have had a long interaction with the Religion of Peace.
If Dharmic people still follow the defeatist approach, Swami Padmanava Temple will be no different to the pictures you posted above. Never have I seen an exception to the rule.

The only reason Mattan is still Hindu majority(in Kashmir!) is because the Pandits here are not meek. No wonder no money is invested by the State Government here. You won't believe how blatantly communal (meaning anti Hindu) our State can be. Yet our forefathers accepted it meekly. Now - not going to happen. That's why we saw a riot in Kishtwar, not a one sided massacre( that was the plan, kill few Pandits and take their property).
:agree:
It's not fair, but it's for our survival. Mattan is a very closed community, so much so that it is generally kept out of bounds of many tourist circuits. There is the beautiful ruins of Martand temple, the history of which is written by ASI in a board - Kinda brings bad name to our secular fabric.

What is the real story behind Kishtwar riots ?

What is the real story behind Kishtwar riots ?
Seculars take out a march one Friday after offering prayers to God!!! They carry a Pakistani flag and chant the same old slogans - Aye Kaafiro, aye Zalimon, Kashmir hamara chodh do...".
Hindus then took out bikes and started following the procession - keeping an eye on them. The seculars kept charging at the Hindus to scare them. Somehow they hit one bike. A major scuffle began. From there, calls of Azadi began - almost as if they were waiting for a fait accompli. :coffee:

Then Hindu business shops were torn down systematically by squads of the peaceful and moderate Hurriyat. Considerable amount of prime property was thus cordoned off and thus made open to illegal occupation (this has happened before). Unlike previously, Hindus promptly fought back and burnt Muslim shops in return. The Army(actually the CRPF and the SSB) was deployed from the 2nd day onwards. And yes, according to my friends, either Bajrang or RSS was present.

Seculars take out a march one Friday after offering prayers to God!!! They carry a Pakistani flag and chant the same old slogans - Aye Kaafiro, aye Zalimon, Kashmir hamara chodh do...".
Hindus then took out bikes and started following the procession - keeping an eye on them. The seculars kept charging at the Hindus to scare them. Somehow they hit one bike. A major scuffle began. From there, calls of Azadi began - almost as if they were waiting for a fait accompli. :coffee:

Then Hindu business shops were torn down systematically by squads of the peaceful and moderate Hurriyat. Considerable amount of prime property was thus cordoned off and thus made open to illegal occupation (this has happened before). Unlike previously, Hindus promptly fought back and burnt Muslim shops in return. The Army(actually the CRPF and the SSB) was deployed from the 2nd day onwards. And yes, according to my friends, either Bajrang or RSS was present.

So did the presence of RSS/Bajrang exacerbate the situation or provide support to the Hindus there ?

So did the presence of RSS/Bajrang exacerbate the situation or provide support to the Hindus there ?
Without them IMO it would have been another Kashmir Pandit exodus story. Though Kishtwar is in Jammu div. But you get the point. Depends where you are standing. If you are a secular, they exacerbated the situation, otherwise, they defended. :tup:

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, in the passage you saw abuse, I saw humor. It's a hilarious exchange between a frustrated man and god.

The passage itself was hilarious and you admitted it as much when you posted this earlier.

I fail to see how abuses could be subjective. Unless it has wildly different connotations in Kerala, calling someone an SOB is regarded as an abuse anywhere in India, regardless of the intended humor behind it. Was I personally offended by the passage? Not really. But it was the language and not the insinuation that caught my eye. Sampling passages out of context from various sources to set questions related to grammar and punctuation is quite routine. However, I doubt many of us would've encountered such racy language in an examination, that too for such a mundane task as punctuating dialogue.

His hand was chopped off in front of his family, He lost his job, the university withheld his pay, FIR was filed against him, Court cases were charged against him, protests were held against him.........if all this is not Intimidation, I do not know what is.

Uff ho. I'm well aware that his family being intimidated by various goons, I was asking about whether the lack of assistance given by support groups has something to do with them(not the family) getting intimidated. Leave it, I guess I got my answer from another member.

Week after wife’s suicide, Kerala prof gets Church nod to join duty | The Indian Express

Last edited:
I fail to see how abuses could be subjective. Unless it has wildly different connotations in Kerala, calling someone an SOB is regarded as an abuse anywhere in India, regardless of the intended humor behind it. Was I personally offended by the passage? Not really. But it was the language and not the insinuation that caught my eye. Sampling passages out of context from various sources to set questions related to grammar and punctuation is quite routine. However, I doubt many of us would've encountered such racy language in an examination, that too for such a mundane task as punctuating dialogue.

Son of a bitch confession
One day a girl went to church to make a confession
GIRL: Forgive me father for I have sined
PRIEST: What have you done my child
GIRL: I called a man a son of a bitch
PRIEST: Why did you call him a son of a bitch
GIRL: Caused he touched my hand
PRIEST: Like this, (as he touches her hand)
GIRL:Yes father.
PRIEST: That's no reason to call a man a son of a bitch
GIRL: Then he touched my breast.
PRIEST: Like this, (as he touched her breast)
GIRL: Yes father
PRIEST: That's no reason to call him a son of a bitch
GIRL: Then he took off my clothes father
PRIEST: Like this, (as he takes off her clothes)
GIRL: Yes father
PRIEST: That's no reason to call him a son of a bitch
GIRL: Then he stuck his you know what into my you know where
PRIEST: Like this, (as he stuck his you know what into her you know here)
GIRL: YES FATHER, YES FATHER, YES FATHER
PRIEST: (after a few minutes) that's no reason to call him a son of a more...

World English Dictionary
son of a bitch
n , pl sons of bitches
1.a worthless or contemptible person: used as an insult
2.a humorous or affectionate term for a person, esp a man: a luckyson of a bitch

God calling anyone a SOB comes under humor for most people. But not for religious nut cases.

Finally one for the road,

A little boy was doing his math homework. He said to himself,
"Two plus five, that son of a bitch is seven.
Three plus six, that son of a bitch is nine...."
His mother heard what he was saying and gasped, "What are you doing?"
The little boy answered, "I'm doing my math homework, Mom."
"And this is how your teacher taught you to do it?" the mother asked
"Yes," he answered.
Infuriated, the mother asked the teacher the next day, "What are you teaching my son in math?" The teacher replied, "Right now, we are learning addition."
The mother asked, "And are you teaching them to say two plus two, that son of a bitch is four?"
After the teacher stopped lau ghing, she answered, "What I taught them was, two plus two, THE SUM OF WHICH, is four."

Back
Top Bottom