What's new

Shame of 1962 to stay veiled

Very good posts from you, indeed!

If Indian politicians think and act like you, and educate Indians like you, next century will be no others’ but India’s century.

But, given your insightful thinking, you are not likely to be accepted by current Indian society, as the society has been brainwashed for the past 5 decades with such toxic venoms as “back stabbing”, “number 1 enemy”, “96 hours”, etc, even though the reality is more likely India of Nehru back stabbed China.

Unfortunately, vote bank in a democratic society can only be established by Bollywood like sensation. Reality is boring, and, many times, disheartening.

Thank you for all your good wishes. I wish the same to your country.

I know the politicians are special breed and they can be shameless witout any limits however I've seen very positive changes in Indian political / institutional system.

You may not be able to see it from outside but since I am observing it for quite sometime now, I must say changes are positive. The times of old (and mostly corrupted) breed of politicians are now nearly coming towards its end and new leaders like Rahul Gandhi are emerging. Also, the most of the population of India is young, it is now much more focused towards its goal. Ofcourse it is impossible to eliminate past 5 decades of venom as you suggested in one go, it is atleast now diluting.

We have now overcome the hysteria of being pakistan enemy no. 1 and started to dream big. May be the dream of being a superpower is farfetched, atleast it is worth living for rather than dying in war with enemy no.1.

A decade ago if you ask any general citizen of India about what he/she thinks of the country and I bet 99% replies would be negative.

If now you ask the same person, I am sure the negative replies will be far less.

One could think I am making up since I am an Indian and being patriotic so I give you a real life example happened with me.

I am in UK for quite sometime and one day I was in a taxi driven by a british person. We were chating and he asked me where I am from? And when I told I am from India he was surprised that why I am in UK and if I work in India, I can get much better opportunities and better life. It was a pleasant surprise for me as a local british taxi driver was praising India.

Similarly a british professor of mine told me that his son applied for a job in India for a civil engineering post and he wanted to settle down there for better future prospects.

So this shows something is changing positively. Same is true with China too.

Yes, democracy is not a fool proof system however it is always a preferred option over a military rule and communism. However I am very much looking forward for other new system which can eliminate the politicians, till then I am happy with democracy.

Regarding back stabbing issue, as we all know no report is un-biased. So there will be always a twisted truths about the same story. So yes India could have done something wrong or may be its chinese, but as I said in my first post these were "Political / Military decisions" and the people who were involved in 1962 ones are long gone.

So I am not sure that how wise it is for us people (not politicians or military men as they always want to fire the emotions of people) to still burn in the rage in which we were not even remotly included.

Do we really need an Asian version of world wars before we all progress to a developed nations ??

Ofcourse Stupidity has no limits...

Whenever there exist any boundary disputes and two friendly nations (India & China) need to resolve them.. Do you really think of sending troops and capturing that area?? sounds insane...

Anyways I consider it Mr Mao Zedong's great forward policy to use power for resoultions of border disputes with all neighbour nations..

no one said we shouldnt be looking past this, we really should, and move on to a better more peaceful tomorrow.

however every part of my post can be proven with many sources, india seems to like to skew things alot calling china backstabbers when as i have posted ur country set up military posts in chinese lands while saying we are friends(chinese units even retreated back for a while and india thought they can just continue to push into china), friend do not do such things, you right though china and india should have talked but the fact remains that india chose to build bases, that is a fact that cant be denied, u can consider mao however u like but what i posted before are facts and one of the reason people refuse to move on is because of deniers like you

India also has claim to Pakistan part of Kashmir,

China has claims to AP.

But India never thretens Pak for Their part of Kashmir or says will weaken political relations or says anything to their PM visit.., even though we have claims on it...

But China on the contrary does all that...

that shows India is willing to be peaceful with Pak, but China is not a peaceful country......

It cant and should not be trusted....final...

good relations are desirable but no trust.... hard core trade and commerce..thats it...

China is a bad looser....remember

no one said we shouldnt be looking past this, we really should, and move on to a better more peaceful tomorrow.

however every part of my post can be proven with many sources, india seems to like to skew things alot calling china backstabbers when as i have posted ur country set up military posts in chinese lands while saying we are friends(chinese units even retreated back for a while and india thought they can just continue to push into china), friend do not do such things, you right though china and india should have talked but the fact remains that india chose to build bases, that is a fact that cant be denied, u can consider mao however u like but what i posted before are facts and one of the reason people refuse to move on is because of deniers like you

Sir you are again taking it in a different way.. When we say that China backstabbed us didn't mean that we may or may not have fault for the same but Do you really find it logical that a troop which is not having any backup on distant & disconnected north of country will start moving and firing to a fully equipped troops of other nation...

And just for a sake of arguments I accept this was true and mistake from Indian troops then do you really think a war gets started just because of few firings... No sir.. absolutely not... Indo-Pak troops usually exchange fires across the border and If I count there were pretty less wars between both the countries in comparison to firing exchange... And why I mentioned Mao here because I want you to check how many border dispute took place during his tenure which will give you clear picture of what was his real aim...

And sorry facts from CCP is not world wide accepted.. Please try some foreign war anayst..

Sir you are again taking it in a different way.. When we say that China backstabbed us didn't mean that we may or may not have fault for the same but Do you really find it logical that a troop which is not having any backup on distant & disconnected north of country will start moving and firing to a fully equipped troops of other nation...

And just for a sake of arguments I accept this was true and mistake from Indian troops then do you really think a war gets started just because of few firings... No sir.. absolutely not... Indo-Pak troops usually exchange fires across the border and If I count there were pretty less wars between both the countries in comparison to firing exchange... And why I mentioned Mao here because I want you to check how many border dispute took place during his tenure which will give you clear picture of what was his real aim...

And sorry facts from CCP is not world wide accepted.. Please try some foreign war anayst..

and also for the fact that like in Kargil, the leaders of China were saying India CHina are good neighbours and all the sweet things while in the back they did preparations for months for the war....

So this is called back stabbing....when u act friendly on the face and start war preparations on the back......

Those Indian who say China backstabbed us - I respectfully disagree.

There is no backstabbing in war, only unprepared countries. We were unprepared then - no more.

@ RT2010

Can you smell this? ::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Those Indian who say China backstabbed us - I respectfully disagree.

There is no backstabbing in war, only unprepared countries. We were unprepared then - no more.

@ RT2010

Can you smell this? ::rofl::rofl::rofl:

we were not expecting a war with china... here in delhi we were shouting the slogans of hindi-chini bhai bhai... when bejing was preparing for the war... isn't the back stab....??!!!:woot::woot:

we were not expecting a war with china... here in delhi we were shouting the slogans of hindi-chini bhai bhai... when bejing was preparing for the war... isn't the back stab....??!!!:woot::woot:

In fact, IMO, the politicians were blinded to reality. It was their job to 'trust but verify'.

Thimayya before he retired explicitly warned GOI about the Chinese threat, but Nehru, IMO, was too taken with the bhai bhai nonsense.

If you are not prepared, why did you forward into the territory China was in control?

This actually puzzles a lot scholars/experts.

There are several explanations.

One explanation (from some Japanese scholars) is that Asians are always trying to be polite in appearance, expecting the other party would be polite in return. But they have different explanation/definition of politeness. Thus, superficial friendly rhetoric misguided both countries: Nehru, deemed India a heir of imperialism British, would like to follow McMahon line, politely; China, a staunch anti-imperialist, would politely warn Nehru no to do that, and only resort to forces when it believed that Nehru is a imperialist the second. After all, being so polite, China and India hadn’t set bottom line clear in the beginning, but merely saying we were buddies and anything could talk. Eventually, China thought India utilized China’s good heartedness to occupy China’s land, whereas Nehru would think a friendly China would not stop him from following British line: after all China-Burma was settled along that line.

Second explanation (from CIA) is that Indian democracy was partially to blame for the cause of India fallacy. Nehru was really worried to upset China, and was hesitating about forward into behind Chinese posts. He actually tried very hard, at a time, to persuade parliament that China would not invade India. But patriotic parliament members wouldn’t let the nationalistic emotion felt low, especially they found Chinese roads in Aksai Chin. After all, after many hundred years oppression and humiliation exerted by British, it is time for Indians to show to the world: India has a superior system to that of China, and it’s time to wash off Indians’ shame of foreign devastation. Poor and backward China appeared to be a right pick. Parliament pushed Nehru so hard, the members wouldn’t stop calling him traitor if he didn’t push China harder. If Nehru didn’t do so, his political career would be a goner…

So, on Indians’ side, if they are oblivious of forward policy and only remember hindi-chini bhai bhai, it does look like backstabbing. :taz:

Indian friends MUST NOT forget the forward policy while considering China's backstabing.

I fully believe Indians won the 1962 war... by their mouths.

OK, we back stabbed you. how stupid was you, that tried to take the land but forgot to get prepared for a war?

I fully believe Indians won the 1962 war... by their mouths.

OK, we back stabbed you. how stupid was you, that tried to take the land but forgot to get prepared for a war?

Good Morning.

You finally woke up.

pdf becoming more n more....... waste of time guys.... certainly low quality threads.... low manners.... what a shame...... always mod's will allow such anti-India threads...... intentionally mod's allowing them....

Back
Top Bottom