What's new

Shall India help USA to topple China or maintain a subtle balance between them?

Shall India help USA topple China?

• Yes

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 74.4%

• Total voters

帅的一匹

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
I want to know Indians answer. As current Defence minister Parrikar visited China after Carter leave India. Shall we take it a good signal sent out by Modi government as'we are not following USA to contain China' or a way to appease China's worry.

I want to know Indians answer. As current Defence minister Parrikar visited China after Carter leave India. Shall we take it a good signal sent out by Modi government as'we are not following USA to contain China' or a way to appease China's worry.
No balance of power must be maintained, I prefer a multi polar world compared to unipolar where fate of the world is dependent on either US or China.

Please vote as you can, and state the reason behind it. I will let the fellows in China know What you have in your minds. Thanks!

It's complicated relationship affected by multiple factors. From China's point of view, Tibbet and Dalai Lama, Taiwan, South China Sea, Uighar Islamic terrorism, freedom of natural oil and gas movement from middle East and International trade via Indian ocean, power consolidation in world etc are major factors while from India's point of view, constant threat of Islamic terror from our Western neighborhood, Eastern neighborhood, no resolution on international land borders, freedom of movement in South China sea in future etc these are mojor irritants. So India will play balancing act whenever & wherever possible but it doesn't mean if it believes certain countries wish to harm our sovereignty, it will take extreme steps possibly. It's my personal belief, don't treat it as Indian foreign policy. And there should be one more option in polls on balancing.

There are no friends in international fora, only common interests.

Man, if you'll watch at game, India is playing at a swinger state. We have border disputes with China and their partnership with pakistan, vetoing our resolutions
but China is our largest trade partner as well.
US has a habit of creating hurdles in our path, express their "concerns" on our SLBM(India is going to test an HGV like Wu-14 soon), their lobbies try to ban our companies and they are financial supporters of our enemies but we need some tech to get a shortcut (like China reverse engineered Soviet tech).

But look at us, we are neither capable of countering USA nor China.
So, we played it swing.
Let's have friendship with both if can't tackle them.
We are signing LEMoA with US to access to each other's bases but modified the agreement that US can't come here without Indian invitation(clarification of Chinese concerns) and established a hotline with China.
And unfortunately, we have no choice except to play it both sides. :lol:
When India will be a mature force like Yankee or chinky , only then, it will choose a definite path. Till then, let's play duplicity. :partay:

From my personal opinion:
I hate Western people and loved China for cultural ties with them. But my entire love was screwed up when China vetoed resolution against terrorist Masoud Azhar and his group. :hitwall:
You know, I'm one of those unlucky guys who have lost their loved ones in terror attacks. :(

Hmm.... you should read this from the hillary email leaks:

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/23166

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State
Case No. F-2014-20439
Doc No. C05789192
Date: 10/30/2015
RELEASE IN PART B6
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:23 AM
To: H Subject: Fw: Brzezinski book report I asked Dan to take a look atBrzezinski's book -- he's done a great job of summing it up.
Original Message From: Daniel Kurtz-Phelan
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:42 PM
To: Sullivan, Jacob Cc: Kurtz-Phelan, Daniel
Subject: Brzezinski book report I skimmed the new Brzezinski book, Strategic Vision.

His overall assessment of the past couple of decades of U.S. foreign policy is harsh, but the brunt of it falls on the Bushies and would resonate with many in this administration — in essence, we've focused too much power and energy on misguided "imperial wars" in the greater Middle East and done a pathetic job of addressing our domestic problems. This graf pretty much summarizes the book's argument, such as it is: "America's central challenge and its geopolitically imperative mission over the next several decades is to revitalize itself and to promote a larger and more vital West while simultaneously buttressing a complex balance in the East, so as to accommodate constructively China's rising global status and avert global chaos.... It must be the promoter and guarantor of greater and broader unity in the West, and it must be the balance and conciliator between the major powers in the East.... To have the credibility and capacity to pursue both successfully, America needs to show the world that it has the will to renovate itself at home."

And this FA article covers most if it: http://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...ezinski/balancing-the-east-upgrading-the-west

There's some interesting material about why we need a strengthened (and broadened) Europe:

"America, by working purposefully with Europe, can shape a larger and more vital West. The point of departure for such a long-term effort is recognition of the historical reality that the Europe of today is still unfinished businesses. And it will remain so until the West in a strategically sober and prudent fashion embraces Turkey on more equal terms and engages Russia politically as well as economically Such an expanded West can help anchor the stability of an evolving Eurasia, as well as revitalize its own historic legacy." But in the context of the call, I imagine that Brzezinski's warnings about overreach/overinvolvement in Asian power dynamics were the real point. (The book seems to have been finished in early 2011, so there's no explicit criticism of the pivot.) Some seemingly relevant analysis and passages: Scathing criticism of U.S. focus on the relationship with India: "America's role in this rivalry should be cautious and detached.... Given that some policy circles in the United States have started to advocate a formal US-India alliance, it also needs to be stated explicitly that any such undertaking would be contrary to US national security interests. It would increase the likelihood of US involvement in potentially prolonged and bitter Asian conflicts.... It is already earning the United States the hostility of the Chinese by conveying the impression that America sees China as its enemy even before China itself had decided to be America's enemy.

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State

Case No. F-2014-20439
Doc No. C05789192
Date: 10/30/2015

Moreover, a US-India alliance would be a gratis favor to Russia without any Russian favor in return" and intensify anti-US sentiment among Muslims. A weak and chaotic democratizing China should be scarier for us than a strong and only slowly reforming China —since the likelihood of nationalist passions running amok and leaders behaving badly is much higher in the former case than the latter. He criticizes as "provocative" air and maritime reconnaissance around China. "For America, the task is to disentangle which aspects of China's external ambitions are unacceptable and pose a direct threat to vital American interests and which aspects reflect new historical geopolitical and economic realities that can be accommodated, however reluctantly, without damage to key US interests." "But if an anxious America and an overconfident China were to slide into increasing political hostility, it is more likely that both countries would face off in a mutually destructive ideological conflict. America Would argue that China's success is based on tyranny and damaging to America's economic well-being. The Chinese would interpret that American message as an attempt to undermine and possibly even to fragment the Chinese system.... It follows that both America and China, out of intelligent self-interest, would be better served by mutual ideological self-restraint. Both should resist the temptation to universalize the distinctive features of their respective socioeconomic systems and to demonize each other." "The United States must recognize that stability in Asia can no longer be imposed by a non-Asian power ... Indeed US efforts to enhance Asian stability could prove self-defeating -- propelling the United States into a costly repeat of Asian wars -- and even result in a replay of what transpired in Europe during the twentieth century. If America became active in fashioning an anti-Chinese alliance with India or in promoting an anti-Chinese militarization of Japan, it could generate dangerous mutual resentment."

Apart from the China thing, I find the "alliance with India will upset muslims" bit funny.

Man, if you'll watch at game, India is playing at a swinger state. We have border disputes with China and their partnership with pakistan, vetoing our resolutions
but China is our largest trade partner as well.
US has a habit of creating hurdles in our path, express their "concerns" on our SLBM(India is going to test an HGV like Wu-14 soon), their lobbies try to ban our companies and they are financial supporters of our enemies but we need some tech to get a shortcut (like China reverse engineered Soviet tech).

But look at us, we are neither capable of countering USA nor China.
So, we played it swing.
We are signing LEMoA with US to access to each other's bases but modified the agreement that US can't come here without Indian invitation(clarification of Chinese concerns) and established a hotline with China.
And unfortunately, we have no choice except to play it both sides. :lol:
When India will be a mature force, only then, it will choose a definite path. Till then, let's play duplicity. :partay:

From my personal opinion:
I hate Western people and loved China for cultural ties with them. But my entire love was screwed up when China vetoed resolution against terrorist Masoud Azhar and his group. :hitwall:
You know, I'm one of those unlucky guys who have lost their loved ones in terror attacks. :(
I have also lost my uncle in first serial bombings in Mumbai during Memon and Dawood family rein. And much horrible death than anyone can bear.

India wants good relation ship with both China and USA.

It is more interested in development and business than playing politics.

We have long history with and share many similar concerns asChinese but also a democracy like US.

I hope that border disputes will be settled early and amicably. We will always put India first. May peaceful trade with both countries prosper.

I have also lost my uncle in first serial bombings in Mumbai during Memon and Dawood family rein. And much horrible death than anyone can bear.
May his soul get peace.

My dear friend you have no idea about a typical indian mentality, indian hindus as whole have inferiority complex issues due to very long rule over them by muslims and then the british.
We don't give a bloody damn about Arabs or British. But you guys have too much inferiority complex that you guys think yourself descendants of Muslim rulers.
Worse thing is that you call yourself fair and tall warrior race (like good looking people aren't in India or dark people aren't in Pak). :D
Open up your eyes, Indian Muslims are laughing at your backs.

India will side with US no matter what and the Chinese know it as well, heck! even the Russians are aware of that.

It would be foolish for anyone in China (and their puppy state) to think we are looking for China to be toppled. If China is to be toppled, no one else needs to do it apart from its own people.

Either internally or externally, China is not being attempted to be toppled. Neither by the US, nor India or any other state. There are issues that China has with other countries that can be negotiated and settled.

But yes, absolutely foolish to even start a post like this.

Yes, no appeasement
We must do what we have to do to survive and Chinese are biggest threat to sovereignty of India

My dear friend you have no idea about a typical indian mentality, indian hindus as whole have inferiority complex issues due to very long rule over them by muslims and then the british.
You people are just an irritants nothing more

India will never fight with china just on the saying of uncle sam.

India will fight with china only if itself wants to, Or should china push us to that point.

But personally i believe china and india both have much to gain by peace than being at the throat of each other, Also our disputes are not that major which cannot be solved on table. Hope we do justice to our centuries of relations of civilisations.

It would be foolish for anyone in China (and their puppy state) to think we are looking for China to be toppled. If China is to be toppled, no one else needs to do it apart from its own people.

Either internally or externally, China is not being attempted to be toppled. Neither by the US, nor India or any other state. There are issues that China has with other countries that can be negotiated and settled.

But yes, absolutely foolish to even start a post like this.
Even you call me foolish, it's still worth open a thread and listening to you guys.

India will never fight with china just on the saying of uncle sam.

India will fight with china only if itself wants to, Or should china push us to that point.

But personally i believe china and india both have much to gain by peace than being at the throat of each other, Also our disputes are not that major which cannot be solved on table. Hope we do justice to our centuries of relations of civilisations.
Economy development process shall not disturbed as we can't afford to loose it once again. USA is there to stir up between China and India, we shall not get in the trap.

Rather i would like to put this question other way around.

Will China make any sincere effort to respect India and support India's interest for a Multipolar world or it will only look for interest of China only? If this is the case, then India do not have to make any permanent choices. India should take stand on the basis of the demand of the situation. Rather than asking India to choose sides, i would like to understand the mindset of China to take sides for India or not.

Back
Top Bottom