What's new

Shahid Afridi to lead, official announcement tomorrow

I know where you are going with this dude. I too can reply with the same sort of stuff :D but I would rather like this thread to be cleaned; not turn into something like Ind v Pak one.

The topic is about Afridi being the captain, so stick with it.

I know where you are going with this dude. I too can reply with the same sort of stuff :D but I would rather like this thread to be cleaned; not turn into something like Ind v Pak one.

The topic is about Afridi being the captain, so stick with it.

sounds good. Lets see how is he going to turn around pak cricket.

There was no need to post Sachin Tendulkar's video rangbaaz

Afridi is a good choice considering the situation of our team. He is the best T20 player and it is also wrong that he perform only once in 40 games. If that was the case he would have been sacked long time ago but he is ranked one of the best All-rounders by ICC and he is in Top 10 bowling ranking also.

He is currently the most consistant performer in our squad

There was no need to post Sachin Tendulkar's video rangbaaz

Afridi is a good choice considering the situation of our team. He is the best T20 player and it is also wrong that he perform only once in 40 games. If that was the case he would have been sacked long time ago but he is ranked one of the best All-rounders by ICC and he is in Top 10 bowling ranking also.

He is currently the most consistant performer in our squad

I felt there was a reason to show that side of the coin. He said Afridi should be banned and it's disgusting blah blah, Based on what? Ball tempering? Then I had to show that it's NOT just him who's done that. Then by looking at his criteria of WHY a person should be banned, they should also ban their greats, no?

Nothing against Tendulkar, he's one of my fav. too, but according to the criteria he was presenting for Afridi's ban for LIFE I had to bring this up.

sounds good. Lets see how is he going to turn around pak cricket.

InshAllah we will be giving the same effort this time as well. We were the runner up in the first WC, and Champion in the second one. And guess what, Afridi played a vital role in both of those WCs.
cheers:coffee:

I felt there was a reason to show that side of the coin. He said Afridi should be banned and it's disgusting blah blah, Based on what? Ball tempering? Then I had to show that it's NOT just him who's done that. Then by looking at his criteria of WHY a person should be banned, they should also ban their greats, no?

Nothing against Tendulkar, he's one of my fav. too, but according to the criteria he was presenting for Afridi's ban for LIFE I had to bring this up.

Yes i understand but we have talked about this matter in detail.......... some peoples likes keep poking up into topics...... just ignore them......... Ball Tempering is nothing new........ even Dravid and many english players like Flintoff has done in the past. In fact Imran Khan sued Ian Botham on the charges of Ball tempering.

Ball tempering has a long history and many legends has said players has been doing this since ages now....... and you should ignore it and take it lightly

Lets not talk about tempering if we are to talk about Afridi's performance then he is even better than all of the Indian team

Yes i understand but we have talked about this matter in detail.......... some peoples likes keep poking up into topics...... just ignore them......... Ball Tempering is nothing new........ even Dravid and many english players like Flintoff has done in the past. In fact Imran Khan sued Ian Botham on the charges of Ball tempering.

Ball tempering has a long history and many legends has said players has been doing this since ages now....... and you should ignore it and take it lightly

Lets not talk about tempering if we are to talk about Afridi's performance then he is even better than all of the Indian team

Yes, ball tempering is past now. He already has faced the consequences. Who doesn't make mistakes? That doesn't mean that all those GREATS are "disgusting" to cricketing world. The video I posted just explains what I am trying to say. What Afridi did was wrong, hence he was punished for that. Simple, need to get over it. The topic is about his captaincy now, and I wish him all the best. Even though our team is suffering from some internal crisis, but it's nothing new. I am sure they would perform like a Lion in the WC and Afridi is going to lead them from front.

:pop: Pakistan not won a single match against india in any world cup cricket. BTW I am fan of aktar and inzamam they are match winners.

:pop: Pakistan not won a single match against india in any world cup cricket. BTW I am fan of aktar and inzamam they are match winners.

I think you somehow you missed last T20WC's semi final and final matches, which Afridi won for Pakistan ;) - not only that but he was the man of the series for the first T20 WC. Go look at his ICC rating. Don't abuse champions simply because they do not belong to your country. Learn respecting others.

About ODI WC, correct Pakistan hasn't defeated India in those WC - India played well in those, hence deserved the victory.

We need a captain who can perform in all departments of the game and I think Afridi is a right man for this job.

dude, afridi is a match winner. Even though he has not gone 'boom boom' in a while, he is still deadly with the ball. He really chokes the run flow and takes wickets regularly. And he also contributes with the bat. And he is a good, committed fielder.

Akthar and Inzamam were match winners, but that doesn't mean Afridi is not.

And as for Pak not winning against India in World Cup so far, well thats history. It need not stay like that.

I was also disgusted with afridi's ball tampering (mainly because he chose to bite the same ball that all the bowlers were rubbing on their crotches), but that was something done on an impulse, more than calculated cheating. I'm sure he has learnt his lesson, and will be a good captain to Pakistan.

Learn to appreciate talent man.

Shahid Afridi named Pakistan captain

The Pakistan Cricket Board ended weeks of uncertainty, by appointing Shahid Afridi to lead the country's campaign to defend the World Twenty20 title in the Caribbean from the end of next month. Afridi will once again take up the role he was given last year, after Younis Khan stepped away from the format, though he has for now only been handed the role for the duration of the tournament.

The limit on the tenure appears to be a result of the disciplinary action Afridi has faced since he was found guilty of ball-tampering - biting the ball repeatedly - in an ODI in Perth where he was captain. Until then, Pakistan had settled on Afridi as the Twenty20 captain till the World Cup and potentially as an ODI leader as well. But after that incident Afridi's stock fell considerably.

He was banned by the ICC for two T20Is, which led to Shoaib Malik taking over, albeit reluctantly. Then, the board slapped him with a Rs. 3 million ($ 35,000) fine for the same incident, as well as placing him under probation for six months. Any further breaches, the message is clear, and punishment could be harsher.

The board took the unusual step of announcing a 15-man squad for the tournament without naming a captain earlier this month. Since then, and despite his punishments, Afridi was the clear frontrunner among a limited pool of alternatives. He met the chairman Ijaz Butt twice in that period, and once today, during some Twenty20 matches organized by the PCB to mark Pakistan Day.

Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq and Salman Butt were thought to be in the running as well, but Afridi's record in the format - he is among the most influential all-round players in the world - and a naturally aggressive streak has made the choice an easier one.

Afridi has already led his country in three T20Is and won all of them, with little outward detriment to his own individual impact. The decision to announce the captain so late does leave open the charge, however, that neither captain nor coach - the recently-appointed Waqar Younis - had any say in the team they will be in charge of in the Caribbean.

Great thank god stupied PCB didn't go for salman butt i was really afraid........

Afridi ma man has great leadership qualities n takes all responsibilities under his own captaincy god bless new captain n pak team....:pakistan::pakistan:

Just one more thing to some of the Hindu members start behaving like civilized people don't try to poke :disagree: as ya all do on every other thread this will not get u anywhere....

Back
Top Bottom