What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

FALSE.

It does NOT have a range of 2,500 km. That was just Pakistani media misreporting as usual.
It doesn't have MIRV capability either.

Just look at the missile. It cannot accommodate more than one warhead. And it's only slightly heavier than Shaheen 1.

MIRV capability was advertised by ISPR in their subsequent release of information on Shaheen 1A. The word MIRV was not used, however the statement said that the missile could carry either a single 1000kg warhead or 3-5 300-200kg warheads.

MIRV does not mean that you place multiple warheads of the same size as the single one, from before, in the missile. The multiple warheads are all smaller than the single and combine to roughly reach the size of the single. You won't be able to know if a particular missile has been MIRVed just by looking at it. The reason behind MIRVing one's missiles is not to increase the potency by increasing the total yield of the weapon nor does it mean that you would be targeting multiple targets, say city A and city B, with one single missile. The multiple warheads are smaller than the single with roughly the same total yield as the single. The concept behind MIRV is that a single warhead dropped in the center of a general target area, say a city, is less potent than multiple warheads (with the same total yield as the single) dropped around and about that same general target area. This is because the radiation received from a nuclear explosion is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the explosion and the blast pressure is inversely proportional to the cube of the distance from the explosion. Simply put the blast pressure and radiation effects of the blast decrease dramatically as you move away from the point of detonation. Hence multiple smaller warheads dropped around the target area give a much more potent effect than a single larger warhead dropped dead in the center.

That is elementary knowledge.

Read http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...aheen-iii-news-discussions-4.html#post3682772 to understand what I was trying to say

MIRV capability was advertised by ISPR in their subsequent release of information on Shaheen 1A. The word MIRV was not used, however the statement said that the missile could carry either a single 1000kg warhead or 3-5 300-200kg warheads.

Please provide a link to that info. I'm quite sure ISPR didn't release anything like that.

You are highly exaggerating the capabilities of Shaheen-IA based on amateur reporting. It is an MRBM of 1000-1200 km range (also mentioned by Dr. Mand) and delivers a unitary ~1000 kg payload.

Actual range of Shaheen 1A was never disclosed, not even by Dr. Samar Mubarakmand! All that we have are expert opinions and then some.

Negative. ISPR never released the official range, and the reports of it being MIRVed are FLAWED.

I could not find technology other then MIRV where multiple warheads were used through a single Missile.

Again, Shaheen-IA is a SINGLE stage solid-fueled missile. And the ICBM stuff is pure nonsense, get you facts right.

That was Shaheen 2 that is a dual stage solid fueled Missile, my posting mistake.

NONE of the missiles Pakistan currently possesses is MIRV capable. Shaheen-IA and Shaheen-II are reported to be capable of evading ABMs, although it is not confirmed.

Nothing is confirmed, neither MIRV nor PSAC features......hell, even the ranges aren't confirmed. So all we have is hearsay, rumors & perhaps somewhat personal information.....you choose yours to believe and I shall choose mine :)

Please provide a link to that info. I'm quite sure ISPR didn't release anything like that.

I can't find it, have tried on multiple occasions but the subsequent release of information has just vanished. I actually posted the news myself too, so should be in one of my posts. I am trying to search my own posts but nothing is coming up wrt MIRV or even Shaheen which is not possible.

Try google on subsequent ISPR press release on Shaheen 1A as well as my posts on this forum, I will do the same and post when I find something.

Actual range of Shaheen 1A was never disclosed, not even by Dr. Samar Mubarakmand! All that we have are expert opinions and then some.

He did, in one of his latest interviews.

I could not find technology other then MIRV where multiple warheads were used through a single Missile.

You also have to consider the physical parameters and feasible capabilities before believing an illogical statement.

That was Shaheen 2 that is a dual stage solid fueled Missile, my posting mistake.
No problem. :)

Nothing is confirmed, neither MIRV nor PSAC features......hell, even the ranges aren't confirmed. So all we have is hearsay, rumors & perhaps somewhat personal information.....you choose yours to believe and I shall choose mine :)

True that. Sure, whatever seems better to you. :cheers:

I can't find it, have tried on multiple occasions but the subsequent release of information has just vanished. I actually posted the news myself too, so should be in one of my posts. I am trying to search my own posts but nothing is coming up wrt MIRV or even Shaheen which is not possible.

Try google on subsequent ISPR press release on Shaheen 1A as well as my posts on this forum, I will do the same and post when I find something.

Thats because it was something made by some fanboy on wikipedia. I don't recall anything like that (200-300 kg warheads) being present in the official ISPR release.

There you go:
Pakistan today successfully conducted the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System. The missile is an improved version of Shaheen-1 with improvements in range and technical parameters. It is capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.
Today’s launch, whose impact point was at sea, was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Force Command Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani and other senior military officers, scientists and engineers.
DG SPD Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R) congratulated all scientists and engineers on the successful launch, and the accuracy of the missile in reaching the target. He said that the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan’s deterrence abilities. He appreciated the efforts of all personnel for their dedication and professionalism.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

Official ISPR release...no MIRV mentioned.

There you go:

Official ISPR release...no MIRV mentioned.

The word subsequent means "occurring or coming later or after". Please search for the subsequent release of information, which seems to have vanished. Even windjammer posted something similar later on, maybe he has better search skills then your or I.

P.S. The word MIRV was never mentioned, they said that the missile could carry 3-5 200-300kg warheads simultaneously which to me is the same thing. Ahseeba also knows they mentioned this.

^^^ Yes no MIRV mentioned,but the impact point was 'at sea'.
Which is unusual for most Pakistani missile tests.

Another thing is that india is actively developing ABM capabilities,and if we think Pakistan is doing nothing to counter act that...we are wrong.

Yes because ISPR press release of 25th April was later edited and 'MIRV' was deleted.

^^^ Yes no MIRV mentioned,but the impact point was 'at sea'.
Which is unusual for most Pakistani missile tests.
It is not unusual, its just it was probably the first time it was published. Both Shaheen-I and II have been tested into the waters for years now.

Yes because ISPR press release of 25th April was later edited and 'MIRV' was deleted.
Because the statement was based on jingoism.

He did, in one of his latest interviews.

I must have missed it, care to post it?

You also have to consider the physical parameters and feasible capabilities before believing an illogical statement.

Honestly, I have witnessed evolution of technology enough to consider those of us morons who still doubt the ability of technology to stump us. The line is not targeted at anyone in particular. However, we must continue to keep an open mind specially when the advancement in technology has been in leaps and bounds with every year.

Thats because it was something made by some fanboy on wikipedia. I don't recall anything like that (200-300 kg warheads) being present in the official ISPR release.

The thing on Wikipedia still exists, however I never quoted wiki, I quoted ISPR.

I don't think ISPR would edit things out of earlier releases. It's as if the subsequent release of information has simply vanished.

Ok....so what do you guys thik pakistan is doing to counter act indian ABM?
Missiles like Ghauri are clay pigeons for india's ABM

Ok....so what do you guys thik pakistan is doing to counter act indian ABM?
Missiles like Ghauri are clay pigeons for india's ABM

Diversifying the delivery systems (Babur, Ra'ad and Nasr), developing more advanced ones (Shaheen-IA, Shaheen-III) and increasing the overall numbers.

Diversifying the delivery systems (Babur, Ra'ad and Nasr), developing more advanced ones (Shaheen-IA, Shaheen-III) and increasing the overall numbers.

An airborne radar can track and lock on to any cruise missile,so Babus isnt the silver bullet.
Firing multiple missiles on the same target doesnt make sense either.
The improvement must be in some other direction,or our security via nuclar threat is compromised.

An airborne radar can track and lock on to any cruise missile,so Babus isnt the silver bullet.
Firing multiple missiles on the same target doesnt make sense either.
The improvement must be in some other direction,or our security via nuclar threat is compromised.

Indian BMD is neither mature yet nor has been deployed. Counter-measures will arrive, in due time.

Back
Top Bottom