What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

Can somebody post a comparison between dimensions of Shaheen and a known MIRV carrying missile?
I am on mobile,so cant do it.

Shaheen-I has a diameter of 1 meter (0.88 m according to some sources). The Alpha version seems to have greater diameter, but the exact specifications haven't been revealed yet.
The Shaheen-II has a diameter of 1.4 meters.

The UGM-27 Polaris SLBM (Diameter: 1.37m, Range: 4600 km) housed THREE Mk 2 re-entry vehicles, each with a W-58 warhead of 200 kt yield. This arrangement was originally described as a "cluster warhead" but was replaced with the term Multiple Re-Entry Vehicle (MRV). The three warheads were spread about a common target and were not independently targeted (such as a MIRV missile is).

Polaris_A3T_missile_PNG.png

The Soviet RSD-10 Pioneer (NATO: SS-20 Saber) (Stage Diameter: 1.8m, Range: 600-5000 km) was an IRBM which could be armed with up to THREE 150 kt MIRVs.
(the warhead assembly's diameter is not known, which is lesser than the stage diameter).

RSD-10-Pionier-SS-20-Saber-Kapustin-Yar-2011-1.jpg

Pershing-II-and-SS-20-238x700.jpg

7373346356_71761416cf_k.jpg

Note: Both the Polaris SLBM and Pioneer IRBM were not the first attempts of US and USSR at developing MIRVs. US introduced MIRVs on the Minuteman-III for the first time.

From the above comparisons, it is a easy to judge whether Pakistan has this capability in its current missiles or not. Also, neither the MIRV-buses are present nor a more round and wider nose shroud is there to hint the presence of any such capability. Furthermore, the range of the current Shaheen series (claimed 2500 km, tested up to 2000 km) is far too less to enable the missiles to deploy MIRVs in space.

Too many ifs and buts still, for a fact he used the word Shaheen 1 v3 and not Shaheen 1A which is not only easier but also hits the mark perfectly. For all intents and purposes, let us assume that the nomenclature does indeed exist but what if Shaheen 1 v3 is an upgrade of Shaheen 1 Missiles to v3 specification?

Even then, he said the range was 1000km-1200km, which is roughly the declared official range. He wouldn't go around revealing state secrets now would he?

Let us just wait for the next test, shall we? :drag:

Even the TELs of Shaheen is same as the Chinese M-11/18 missiles...

Right..
please keep such wonderful observations to yourself.. and refrain from further pointless discussion on this matter following the line you are..
You have been warned...

are you kidding or you really are soo amazingly stupid??
soory for that language bt u just made me laugh......

I'm surprised too by his comparision.

The DF-11 is smaller than Shaheen 2. Don;t where this guy get's his information.

Shaheen 2 a copy of China's DF-11? Come on man give me q break. They are not the same.

lol Chinese TELs use 4 wheels while Pakistani ones use 6 wheels. And Indians think Pakistanis copied Chinese stuff.

Why not also copy their TELS. Why do an incomplete job. LOL:lol:

I'm surprised too by his comparision.

The DF-11 is smaller than Shaheen 2. Don;t where this guy get's his information.

Shaheen 2 a copy of China's DF-11? Come on man give me q break. They are not the same.

lol Chinese TELs use 4 wheels while Pakistani ones use 6 wheels. And Indians think Pakistanis copied Chinese stuff.

Why not also copy their TELS. Why do an incomplete job. LOL:lol:

I blame the impression partly.. (and only partly since most the posts in question are fuelled by jingoism and belittling bigotry)... on the Ghauri.. Which is in fact a Pakistani Nodong missile which was purchased from NK during the 95-97 period with meetings held in Dubai.
But those were desperate times and we needed a delivery system while Shaheen was being developed.

I blame the impression partly.. (and only partly since most the posts in question are fuelled by jingoism and belittling bigotry)... on the Ghauri.. Which is in fact a Pakistani Nodong missile which was purchased from NK during the 95-97 period with meetings held in Dubai.
But those were desperate times and we needed a delivery system while Shaheen was being developed.

But here is the interesting catch, Shaheen is not Ghauri.

Could have Ghauri influenced Shaheen? I don't think so. I'm aware Ghauri is a missle of totally different design.

The Nodong Missile system works quite well. It was worth its purchase along with the blueprints.

I don't think Tipu has been completely developed yet. Its going to take atleast a decade more to complete its development.

It has been disclosed, and is under development.
Its is a IRBM, range 5000-5500 KM, and nuclear warhead capable of carrying 2200KG

I havent got anyfurther information, but I guess only 15-25 would be made, and it would be tested in early 2012.

Tipu ICBM, whose range is is 7500-8500KM and capable of carrying nuclear warhead downto 4500KG is also under development so is Ghauri III IRBM, range 4000-45000KM and also nuclear warhead downto 1800KG

Tipu would be developed until mid 2014 and Ghauri III can be expected next year.

(These dates are my personal guess)

Any update on the Tipu ICBM and Ghauri III IRBM?

Any update on the Tipu ICBM and Ghauri III IRBM?

Ghauri III cancelled by Mushy

Tipu or any other ICBM has never been officially confirmed

Shaheen III is probably the only project alive with upto 4500km range and SLV/PSLV variant as well

could the Shaheen III might also have got cancelled?

Because watching Dr Samar mubarak interview where he said we don't need a missile to reach beyond india.

He clearly said we don't have ICBM project since this is not our requirement

Because since 1999-2000 when the project was initiated we have never heard anything about this program..and from the past 7-8 not even a clue

could the Shaheen III might also have got cancelled?

Because watching Dr Samar mubarak interview where he said we don't need a missile to reach beyond india.

He clearly said we don't have ICBM project since this is not our requirement

Because since 1999-2000 when the project was initiated we have never heard anything about this program..and from the past 7-8 not even a clue

No. Shaheen-III is under-development, thats for sure.

Correct, Pakistan does not requires any missile system with range in excess of 3000-3500 km to target any part of India from a considerable strategic depth. It is the assumption of Shaheen-III being a high-end IRBM (potential ICBM) which is causing the confusion.
No, the project initiated post-2005 as an upgraded variant of Shaheen-II.

Ghauri III cancelled by Mushy

Tipu or any other ICBM has never been officially confirmed

Shaheen III is probably the only project alive with upto 4500km range and SLV/PSLV variant as well

Salaam to all the Muslims,

And a few more shorter range ones, Allahu Alam.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

Back
Top Bottom