What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

Wider body will face higher resistance and drag besides that would require all the internals to be redesigned as well, which in my opinion is not an efficient way to add range To increase range of an existing missile the easiest and most efficient way is to either increase the length or add another stage, which separates from the main body after fuel consumption thus reducing weight and drag.
A different diameter requires redesign, and a small change requires enough reengineering to make your missile a new missile.
Serial staging would only work if the lower stages have enough juice to carry several more tonnes on their heads. It often does, but then you ask yourself the question whether you've added to the range.

A different diameter requires redesign, and a small change requires enough reengineering to make your missile a new missile.
Serial staging would only work if the lower stages have enough juice to carry several more tonnes on their heads. It often does, but then you ask yourself the question whether you've added to the range.
Yes...Be it change in dia or change in length,a re-design will be required in both cases.

Latest Pictures of Shaheen 3 Missile on Launchpad
aglG6m

UziJyQ

Visual comparison with Shaheen 2
2UTLci

YKme0W

X2nRYI

@balixd ;)

yeah ---- but wait mail is not gone yet----my office net is being plain pain in ***

And I will check it once I get home. It's closing time at my office as well

So no explaination of twin cone warhead of Shaheen 3?

No nothing was confirmed officially but as far as i have checked into this matter, it was not MIRV. We are working on one but that was not what was tested. What it is,,, no idea!!!
Also i doubt that this information will be made public any time soon.

Why else wud u have a twin cone if you are not going for mirv?

Why else wud u have a twin cone if you are not going for mirv?
Sir it is heat shield for missile warhead. Shaheen iii is MARV. You know better then me Shaheen series now using depressed trajectory with high speed so they decided to put additional heat shielding for warhead.

From more of my observation after looking Shaheen III pics i observe that Shaheen III width is same as Shaheen ii but slightly increase in length probably 1.5 to 2 meter thats why some member thinks Shaheen iii is slimmer as compared to Shaheen ii. And i also thinks Shaheen iii range is not less than 3500 Kms but they declared it less because of political (international) reasons. They don't want to panic west.

Depressed trajectory
Throw-weight is normally calculated using an optimal ballistic trajectory from one point on the surface of the Earth to another. An optimal trajectory maximizes the total payload (throw-weight) using the available impulse of the missile. By reducing the payload weight, different trajectories can be selected which either extends the nominal range, or decreases the total time in flight. A depressed trajectory is a non-optimal, lower and flatter trajectory which takes less time between launch and impact, but with a lower throw-weight. The primary reasons to choose a depressed trajectory are either to evade anti-ballistic missile systems by reducing the time available to shoot down the attacking vehicle (especially during the vulnerable burn-phase against space-based ABM systems), or in a nuclear first-strike scenario. An alternate, non-military, purpose for a depressed trajectory is in conjunction with the space plane concept with use of air breathing engines which requires the ballistic missile to remain sufficiently low inside the atmosphere for air-breathing engines to function.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom