What's new

Shaheen III | News & Discussions.

This list isint updated one.
There is a thread on PDF, that we also are gonna have 'Taimur' ICBM :undecided:

Or maybe 'Tipu' and 'Taimur' are the same one?
no tipu is under development and it is named after tipu sultan while taimur was tested before but it was failed and it named after timur the lame

no tipu is under development and it is named after tipu sultan while taimur was tested before but it was failed and it named after Taimur the lame
No there is no such missile being under development named Tipu but other two option available Haider & Taimur.
As my best sources Pakistan stops using historical names may be future missile will only be called As Shaheen 4 / 5.
More Taimur missile was actually Ghauri III missile and cancelled.

It has been disclosed, and is under development.
Its is a IRBM, range 5000-5500 KM, and nuclear warhead capable of carrying 2200KG

I havent got anyfurther information, but I guess only 15-25 would be made, and it would be tested in early 2012.

Tipu ICBM, whose range is is 7500-8500KM and capable of carrying nuclear warhead downto 4500KG is also under development so is Ghauri III IRBM, range 4000-45000KM and also nuclear warhead downto 1800KG

Tipu would be developed until mid 2014 and Ghauri III can be expected next year.

(These dates are my personal guess)
well the Ghauri III is canceled. also general kidwai said that the shaheen III is the maximum range miss they have as it covers all of india and also the Andaman Islands. from i know and read from janes the shaheen III is a shaheen II thats been stretched with a modified warhead to evade ABM's. i wont be surprised to learn Pakistan does have a icbm. but it not be tested. only when necessary and under very heavy secrecy and stored in tunnels under the mountains.

@blue marlin i need your expert opinion if you compare picture of S2 and S3 you will notice that S3 is quite lengthy and have larger diameter if so then why it will increase in range only 250 Kms,

@blue marlin i need your expert opinion if you compare picture of S2 and S3 you will notice that S3 is quite lengthy and have larger diameter if so then why it will increase in range only 250 Kms,
in my opinion the s3 is not that much different from the s2. first why it the s3 longer? to simply put it add more propellent .the s2 has a range of 2500km where as the s3 has a range of 2750km, the 250 km difference does not justify designing/releasing a new missile.

as for the extra cone. well we all know Pakistan is more concerned about making the warheads more advanced enough to penetrate indian abm's. rather than making icbm's, as it does not need them yet. so the extra cone would most probable be a third stage.normal warhead follow a trajectory as shown below (ignore the range) look at the trjectory. it like a arc .but this makes abm's easy to identify the warheads target and therefore it can intercept it. much easier.

Fig1_krause.jpg

now with a third stage just before the warhead enters the reentry stage the third stage of the missile would change the course of the warhead to the stage that abm's have no idea where the warhead is going to come in therefore increasing the penetration rate and survivability.

you need to understand that Pakistan does not care about having icbm's it cares about survivability/ reliability and accuracy. any when when they decide to develop an icbm they can implement the warhead tech in to the missile.

also to add . the missile is wider to get it at a higher than normal altitude and then it can make a steep and un precedented approach

Last edited:
the s2 has a range of 2500km where as the s3 has a range of 2750km, the 250 km difference does not justify designing/releasing a new missile.
S2's range is around 1600 km. Please do some research on "biconic" RVs because that's what it is.

S2's range is around 1600 km. Please do some research on "biconic" RVs because that's what it is.
What is this biconic" RV. S2 range that we mentioned here publicly announced by ISPR previously.

What is this biconic" RV. S2 range that we mentioned here publicly announced by ISPR previously.
Kindly also give me clue why our previously announced missile ranges decreased, Due to depressed trajectory or what ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom