What's new

Shah Rukh Khan hits back, says We in India are extremely safe and happy.

bangbros

Reaction score
Mumbai: A visibly angry Shah Rukh Khan finally appeared at a much-awaited press meet following the controversy that portions of his article in Outlook magazine called ‘Being a Khan’ has stirred up.

Reiterating that people should read his article before commenting, Shah Rukh lashed out at the critics saying, “Ironically what I said in the article is precisely what has happened. People who haven’t even read it are following others who haven’t read it either.”

He termed the whole controversy as “nonsense” and said that he doesn’t even “understand the basis of the controversy” created by the little snippets of statements taken out of context.

On an emotional note SRK said, “I have been showered with love by people cutting across religion and culture.” “I am proud to be an Indian,” he emphasized.

He said that when his children ask him what his religion is, his response always is – “I tell my children that you are an Indian first and your religion is humanity.”
He went on to request the media present not to “sensationalize and trivialize matters of national interest and religion.”

To Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik’s advice to India that SRK must be given security he said in a harsh tone that India was a safe and secular country. “We in India are extremely safe and happy. We live in a secular environment. Don’t give me unsolicited advice,” he said.

“My safety has been never an issue to me and should not be an issue to others,” he said.

He added - “It just takes a heart to give love. I am a Khan and to be a Khan is to love and be loved back.”

He ended his strong rebuttal quoting passages from the entire article to prove his point before finishing by requesting the media to ask him questions concerning his movies henceforth.

“24 hours of unwanted controversy is more than enough. Let me get back to what I do best – that of making movies,” he said.Shah Rukh Khan hits back, says he is proud to be an Indian

He must have been threatened by shiv sena and BJPs politicians.

Ok. Pakistanis can go back to trying to find another prominent Indian figure whose security issues they want to raise with India. Perhaps NaMO will be their next darling :D For now SRK's reply to them is simply "buzz off...I'm a proud, safe Indian" :D

Pakistani took it seriously. Every Country have all type of people. India too have but what matters the majority .In India, SRK is considered as a greatest actor in India and how he become that with appreciation of 90 millions Hindus and 20 million Muslims and if a small amount of .0001% cann't digest his success or the idea of secularism than does it really matters i don't think so.
I appreciate the effort of Pakistan for their effort to cast this useless matter into an International issue. India is free state and Hindu, Muslim ,Sikh and Christian have same rights. Rights can not be divided equally as even in USA or England majority had hold an edge so there will be some edge towards Hindus but every one is equally secure in India. Pakistan calling for secularism ha ha ha .....what a funny joke. apne girebaan main jhaankkr dekho phle

Control you jealousy guys ...:)

He must have been threatened by shiv sena and BJPs politicians.

Just an update...After Bal Saheb Thackray...I donot think Shiv Sena is very powerful enough to threaten....So you have to find out another party now...

Good response. Malik reminds me time and again, that he is no lesser in idiocracy comparing with Shinde.

Back
Top Bottom