What's new

Shaadi Mubarak!

Muslims can only have multiple wives if previous wives are incapacitated or permit second marriage willingly.
Your quote is incorrect. There is no compulsion in religion on a man to take permission form his wife prior to marrying again. This is pakistani law if i am not mistaken but has nothing to do with religion. The wife can ask for divorce (Khula) in this case but from the religious point of view, this is how it stands. Having sai that having committed a blunder once, you would really have to be thick to do it again!!!
Araz

Your quote is incorrect. There is no compulsion in religion on a man to take permission form his wife prior to marrying again. This is pakistani law if i am not mistaken but has nothing to do with religion. The wife can ask for divorce (Khula) in this case but from the religious point of view, this is how it stands. Having sai that having committed a blunder once, you would really have to be thick to do it again!!!
Araz
i think same that its Pakistani law not Islamic law. but Islam also have very strict rule about this . Islams order to do justice between wives but at the same time it says that it will be very difficult for you to do justice . So i think more than 1 wives are allowed in very specific conditions (like any problem with wife , no children etc ) not only for joy

i think same that its Pakistani law not Islamic law. but Islam also have very strict rule about this . Islams order to do justice between wives but at the same time it says that it will be very difficult for you to do justice . So i think more than 1 wives are allowed in very specific conditions (like any problem with wife , no children etc ) not only for joy

My response was in relation to the post that i mentioned. The need to do justice is a paramount condition to all marriages , single or multiple. Islam is the religion of Allah SWT and no one understands human beings better than Allah. Whereas most men are contented( or live with) one wife, certain individuals need more than one wives, either due to their libido, their culture or just because they want to . Allah SWT has given man a liberty to have more than one wives, provided he can do justice as you said. This is something over which you will answer to Allah SWT if you are unjust. However it applies to a single wife as well, and all men who mistreat their wives will be answerable to Allah SWT on the day of recompense.
Araz

I heard non Muslims can have multiple girl friends...
sorry.. i could be wrong too.

Muslims can only have multiple wives if previous wives are incapacitated or permit second marriage willingly.

This thread belongs to member's club.

As far I know In islam husband does not require wife's permission to marry again. But if one has multifle wife (Islamic case 4) you have to give equal right to them.If you're unable, refrain from marrying more than once.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom