What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

PCL-181 vs Caesar

PCL-181 changes its entire chassis to ground distance using a hydraulic control system.
When moving
728da9773912b31b5d11717d59bb827fdbb4e18b.jpeg

When firing
63d5-inzcrxs5434348.jpg

Caesar's design philosophy is obviously very different.
CAESAR-reigns-supreme.jpg

Some key positives about the gun from Global security;

At the same time, from the parking to the release of the plow, the gun's flat battle conversion takes only more than 1 minute, compared with the m777 series that takes 3-4 minutes to convert to the Pingsha, 10 minutes of the old 152mm gun, there is a qualitative change

The man-machine function of the vehicle is also very user-friendly. The driver can change the vehicle from the position to the battle position by pressing a few push buttons, and the plow starts to be automatically set up.

Shooting accuracy, according to relevant information, the domestic new 155mm truck cannons increase the longitudinal maximum range intensity by 50% when launching ordinary unguided projectiles, and achieve the same firepower effect. The bomb can save nearly 30%, which can be said to be effective, and SH15 It also realized the ground handling of the gunner, and became the world's first large-caliber vehicle-mounted suppression artillery with forward zero-degree direct shooting function.

It should be pointed out that the progress of domestic artillery is not only reflected in the artillery itself, but the ammunition is also advancing by leaps and bounds. Above the Zhuhai Air Show, a variety of domestically produced precision guided projectiles, including satellite guided artillery shells, laser guided artillery shells, and terminal-sensitive missiles,

In particular, the domestic WS-35 ultra-long-range rocket gliding extended-range guided projectiles can reach a maximum range of 100 kilometers.

Pictures of the domestic SH15 155mm truck gun tested in Pakistan showed that the Pakistani army could become the first user of the domestic SH15 truck gun, which has opened a good position for the gun to compete in the international market.

The SH15 155mm truck cannon launching the bottom row/rocket compound extended range can also reach 50km. The indicator is comparable to the K9 self-propelled artillery, but the SH15 is capable of launching a super-long-range projectile such as the WS-35, achieving a 100-kilometer strike distance and suppressing the K9 self-propelled artillery over a longer distance, which makes the latter unmatched.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/sh-15.htm

sh-15.jpg

Some key positives about the gun from Global security;

At the same time, from the parking to the release of the plow, the gun's flat battle conversion takes only more than 1 minute, compared with the m777 series that takes 3-4 minutes to convert to the Pingsha, 10 minutes of the old 152mm gun, there is a qualitative change

The man-machine function of the vehicle is also very user-friendly. The driver can change the vehicle from the position to the battle position by pressing a few push buttons, and the plow starts to be automatically set up.

Shooting accuracy, according to relevant information, the domestic new 155mm truck cannons increase the longitudinal maximum range intensity by 50% when launching ordinary unguided projectiles, and achieve the same firepower effect. The bomb can save nearly 30%, which can be said to be effective, and SH15 It also realized the ground handling of the gunner, and became the world's first large-caliber vehicle-mounted suppression artillery with forward zero-degree direct shooting function.

It should be pointed out that the progress of domestic artillery is not only reflected in the artillery itself, but the ammunition is also advancing by leaps and bounds. Above the Zhuhai Air Show, a variety of domestically produced precision guided projectiles, including satellite guided artillery shells, laser guided artillery shells, and terminal-sensitive missiles,

In particular, the domestic WS-35 ultra-long-range rocket gliding extended-range guided projectiles can reach a maximum range of 100 kilometers.

Pictures of the domestic SH15 155mm truck gun tested in Pakistan showed that the Pakistani army could become the first user of the domestic SH15 truck gun, which has opened a good position for the gun to compete in the international market.

The SH15 155mm truck cannon launching the bottom row/rocket compound extended range can also reach 50km. The indicator is comparable to the K9 self-propelled artillery, but the SH15 is capable of launching a super-long-range projectile such as the WS-35, achieving a 100-kilometer strike distance and suppressing the K9 self-propelled artillery over a longer distance, which makes the latter unmatched.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/sh-15.htm

sh-15.jpg
It will be the pride of Pakistan's Army Artillery Regiments. There will be no match to it in the Region. No worries of Supplies,Spare parts and Finance . Bad times for the enemy are coming soon.

PCL-181 vs Caesar

PCL-181 changes its entire chassis to ground distance using a hydraulic control system.
When moving
728da9773912b31b5d11717d59bb827fdbb4e18b.jpeg

When firing
63d5-inzcrxs5434348.jpg

Caesar's design philosophy is obviously very different.
CAESAR-reigns-supreme.jpg
Caesar system is inferior to SH-15 in my opinion. Obviously, SH-15 method produces more stable platform and can sustain high firing rate with great accuracy. Cant say the same for Caesar.

Agreed.
Need to work on towed artillery now.
I have a very stupid question...mainly bcuz I don't know much about artillery...
What advantage does towed artillery offer over self propelled?
...besides cost I can't think of any.

The self propelled artillery can shoot and scoot faster, probably has better electronics(built into the vehicle), etc. Could u please enlighten me?

How do they compare with the Indian M777s. AH4 seem to be lighter than the later!!!
AH4 is not lighter, is about the same, slightly heavier. But AH4 is a lot cheaper than M777. UAE has bought AH4, it performs very well.

AH4 can be the same weight as M777, it will cost a lot because of titanium. China is the biggest producer of titanium in the world, but using too much titanium will significantly increase the cost.

AH4 replace some titanium parts with high-tensile steel, making AH4 much more affordable and keep the weight only slightly heavier than M777.

Last edited:
@PanzerKiel Sir do you have any information or news worth sharing related to this ???

Dear, a big consignment of SH15 and T5-52 guns was approved last year. One of these guns is purely for our offensive formations, while the other is for our defensive formations.

I have a very stupid question...mainly bcuz I don't know much about artillery...
What advantage does towed artillery offer over self propelled?
...besides cost I can't think of any.

The self propelled artillery can shoot and scoot faster, probably has better electronics(built into the vehicle), etc. Could u please enlighten me?

SP Artillery, c since it is overall a vehicle, so it can't go everywhere, especially hilly or mountainous terrain. Arranging its fuel and oils is another thing. It's also difficult to maintain it, since the crew has to maintain the gun as well as the vehicle itself. Then it's much heavier than towed Artillery. Difficult to hide as well. More attractive target. Just some points.

Agreed.
Need to work on towed artillery now.

I understand that this platform is full ToT, so after initial off the shelf purchase they will be made in-house

Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom