What's new

Sexual Harassment of females at work places !

Sexual intimidation or some may call it harassment exists in all the countries and all type of work, contractual, permanent, temporary, you name it. Mostly it is attributed to masculine gender, but the other gender is equally involved in such activities. Those who mishandle such occurring end up becoming victim of harassment. Those who handle it properly, either enjoy the fruits or stabilize their position and reputation in the organisation forever.
thats a lie.. mostly its men, because world over men are in top position in most places. Only persons in powerful position tend to be do this.

Now thats disgusting....

Sad these things are taken lightly...just coz she is a lady ya izzat ka sawaal....these guys need their balls chopped off while they are alive and aware!!
what should we chop off if a lady does something like that. :butcher:

now i have to think twice for keeping women in my office even have to be vigilant even when kaam wali bai comes for cleaning my room :cray:
ps trolling and pun intended :enjoy:
Nah chedo dukthi rag ko zalim .... dard hota hai !!!

jalta hua shoula :lol: :agree:

In most cases it's men who do such things in fact i shouldn't even say most, in terms of harassment. We all know who does what.

In most cases it's men who do such things in fact i shouldn't even say most, in terms of harassment. We all know who does what.
i agree mostly men do.. they are in position of power.. but there are some cases in which women are culprit.. although its a tiny percentage now..

i agree mostly men do.. they are in position of power.. but there are some cases in which women are culprit.. although its a tiny percentage now..

I haven't seen women doing such things in my life so you can guess from that how tiny that percentage might be. On topic, As long as we are a part of a male dominated society in which "jahalat" is the norm, there is no solution whatsoever.

I haven't seen women doing such things in my life so you can guess from that how tiny that percentage might be. On topic, As long as we are a part of a male dominated society in which "jahalat" is the norm, there is no solution whatsoever.
there are two cases here in which teachers were given jail terms for having sex with teenage pupil.. not exactly a workplace incident though.... I can understand how it will be considered in our countries.

there are two cases here in which teachers were given jail terms for having sex with teenage pupil.. not exactly a workplace incident though.... I can understand how it will be considered in our countries.

Where is here???

well throwing acid doesn't need powerful person and it also has element of surprise

ah.. uk I meant.. sorry should have specified now that I dont have flags.. :)

Oh Okay. Well its different in our societies and unfortunately nothing seems to be changing in the near future unlike some people who make big claims over how we have introduced new laws to protect women. Until and unless those laws get implemented and our societal mindsets are altered, not much of a change can be expected.

thats a lie.. mostly its men, because world over men are in top position in most places. Only persons in powerful position tend to be do this.
My dear that is a very rude way or replying on someones post. You may have a different experience against what I had, therefore, terming a person as liar is highly impolite.

I sometime get sexually aroused when I see beautiful girls and want to have her in my bed but I can control myself by listening to music and diverting my mind to other things.

Up until 2008, sexual harassment in the workplace was very, very common. Even in the government sector, be it emergency service or civil service. The worst culprit for sexual harassment in workplace was and still remains to a large extent the corporate sector in Pakistan.

Men inherently think women are chattel to be used and abused, this phenomenon is not confined to Pakistan alone, but men are especially desperate in South Asia... As people embrace modern practices, employers adopt equal opportunities principles and a greater number of women from a diverse background choose to enter the world of work, rather than be confined to their four walls, naturally they will interact with the opposite sex, as with any social interaction, some interaction will be professional and courteous (following social norms) and some will be unpleasant.

In 2008, Alliance Against Sexual Harassment helped draft and lobby for a law to protect against sexual harassment and exploitation in the workplace. In 2010, the President signed the Protection Against Harassment of Women at Workplace Bill, 2010 into LAW, making harassment of women in the workplace a crime.
Zardari signs bill: Harassment of women is now a crime - DAWN.COM

They also launched a campaign to make women more aware of the various types of "stereotypical" tharki's (visual aids bellow) out there, how to identify harassment as it comes in many forms (verbal, physical, gestures, financial etc), but most importantly teaching women that it is not their fault (you will be surprised at how many women blame themselves) and that most importantly they have a right to say NO and if the BASTARD doesn't listen, the can use legal recourse to see justice is done.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Ustad Lucha
"These men include wagon drivers and conductors of public transport who touch women in a sleazy manner under the guise of changing gears, taking money, or making room for other passengers."

ku-xlarge.jpg

Hocha Boss
"This guy can make your life hell. He persistently extends explicit invitations for sexual relations and threatens to punish you if you reject him."

ku-xlarge.jpg

Tharki Baba
"Every large family has men who like huging and touching young girls under the garb of being their older uncle."

ku-xlarge.jpg

Namurad Mobaloil
"These namurads enjoy using mobile phones as their tools to harass women. They send anonymous sexual text messages and also resort to sending vulgar poetry in the hope of making a connection."

ku-xlarge.jpg

Khabees on Wheels
"These men often stop their bikes or cars to offer rides to women walking on the street. They are also known to intimidate women drivers."

ku-xlarge.jpg

Keechar Teacher
"These are the teachers that blackmail female students for sexual favors. They also intimidate female teachers at times, and abuse Their authority. They give bad name to respectable profession."

ku-xlarge.jpg

Khudai Thekadaar
"These men impose their own version of morality on everyone else. They approach women and demand they cover their heads or lower their gaze. These are the one who throw acid in women's faces to punish those who go outside the homes. They actively support sexual harassment to show that the immoral women bring it on themselves."

Here is a list of all the Pakistani companies who have signed and agreed to follow a protection of rights at work, frame-work and code-of-conduct:
AASHA

The new law has helped bring an element of equality and protection to women in Pakistan:
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\02\25\story_25-2-2010_pg3_3

But there is still much to be done, enforcement is still a very big issue and compliance by entities is very important.

AASHA published a CODE - OF-CONDUCT for implementation in the workplace for a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT: can be read here: http://www.aasha.org.pk/Women_Harassment_Docs/Code of Conduct.pdf

The law requires all companies to be compliant with the code of conduct, punishment for non compliance:

1. On failure of an employer to comply with the provisions of this Code, any employee of an organization may file a petition before a District Court and on having been found guilty, the employer shall be liable to a fine which may extend to one hundred thousand rupees, but shall not be less than twenty-five thousand rupees.
  2. In case the management fails to follow instructions from the Ombudsperson for information related to the inquiry process or fails to abide by the decision made by him/her the management will be punished with the same punishment as for contempt of high court.

I would urge every PDF member to check the list and see if your employer is registered, if not approach your HR and ask them if they knew about this and why they are not registered. Also if you witness harassment, preferably try to break his face, if not that, then at least report it. IT IS A CRIME!

If you want to read more about AASHA: http://www.aasha.org.pk

Last edited:
My dear that is a very rude way or replying on someones post. You may have a different experience against what I had, therefore, terming a person as liar is highly impolite.
sir, I did not call you a lier, I said the statement is a lie. I could have said it is wrong but I dont really think you believe in what you said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom