What's new

SEVERE CYBER ATTACK ON GHQ SERVERS & INTRANET

couple of years ago, someone sitting in his office told me, "its the most secure system, its intranet and it cannot be hacked, and you know intranet has dedicated wires? To avoid unnecessary convo I said sahi bat hai, lakin manual hi kam chaltay rehnay dena tha, chalo koe nahi yeh bhi thek hai... :D

whats the source of this news? I cant find it anywhere...

Ab har khabar to nhn nikalti na bhai!!!;)

BTW, I haven't heard about the cyber attack thing, only thing I have been hearing is that total clampdown on all military comms to the civilians. And the reason is being told as security, and putting the army in a bit of isolation you might say (yeah, sounds absurd).

But i'll take XYON's word for it. (Cyber attack)

Ok...561 numbers are not working,just tried one and it comes up as "Request rejected"...
But may be thats and error on only 561 numbers...

The most unhackable data recorder and storage ever..

250px-Underwoodfive.jpg

1-inch-cardboard-file-folder(-artistical-color)-00265848242.jpg

As far as I know, PA is doing this for years.......even the computers at lower level are not linked to internet......do the work on computer, print it out and put in a file is a normal practice.

Ab har khabar to nhn nikalti na bhai!!!;)

BTW, I haven't heard about the cyber attack thing, only thing I have been hearing is that total clampdown on all military comms to the civilians. And the reason is being told as security, and putting the army in a bit of isolation you might say (yeah, sounds absurd).

But i'll take XYON's word for it.

I would say "Plausible" as 561 numbers are not working as XYON said and apparently the Receiving Party is Rejecting all outside calls.

when GHQ use stone age technology, then this will happen

i bet that hecker must be an amateur one too

The said hack attack was particularly on data servers storing information related to Strategic Plans Division (SPD) and the Army Strategic Forces Command thereby confirming the fact that someone out there is really desperate and interested to know the locations of our strategic assets and mobile nukes! It happened at 2.30am and was detected in time to sever the connections. Lets see how and where this trail eventually leads (read NSA, Arlington Virginia - USA please!)

i strongly think they will b israelis

Gmailaddresses are for civilian communication, they don't give you millitary communication addresses on the internet.

Does military have any security protocols regarding communication and connectivity? I dont think they have. Go to ISPR website and they have .gmail addresses there.

But dare not ask them a question.

Got some more info on this. All military comms with the outside world down. Internet, phones, everything. Now every officer who wants to use internet, phone service, will have to do so on civilian lines.

And this is a permanent measure for the time being. It is now being viewed from a security angle rather than a reaction to the cyber attack...

So, expect this quarantine to continue for a long time.

I don't think they may have been using Internet on military lines. Many good wireless connections are available in addition to net on cable. Secondly it is not necessary one keeps its intercom connected to outside world. Thirdly if I am not wrong there was a problem earlier also when some cellular companies and GHQ closed their communication over caller party charges issue. So closing of lines does not necessarily mean that some thing happened related to security .

Back
Top Bottom