What's new

Featured Several killed as Modi's Bangladesh visit sparks violent protests

I interact with several guys from Bangladesh through social media, almost all of them are not happy with the influence India exercises with their government and at the same time, they also blame their own government for giving India the preference.
But it's absolutely essential for BD to have good ties with India. You can't just sever connections with a neighbor that promises you good trade and that basically surrounds you from all sides. But I really hope India Bangladesh relations continue to improve, thanks for sharing your interactions with your friends from BD. My only interaction with people from BD is on PDF and they clearly seem to criticize anything and everything that is related to India and thus I was under the assumption that the PDF BDeshis are outliers. Clearly, that's not the case.

BD’s current rulers are more Hindus than Hindutva itself!!! Their fight is against the Muslims in BD!! And, it’s the La’net on them breaking Pak at the behest of India....
Let's discuss what is happening today and not get onto a Time Machine. Bangladeshis are dying in solidarity with Indian Muslims.,
Let's not forget this .
This is far more than our brethren in our western neighboring countries are willing to do .

No, India doesn't do terrorism or anything against Bangladesh or it's people. The protests are in solidarity with Indian Muslims and Modi's role in their massacres.
Regardless, these protests are surprising. You don't see people in India protesting on the atrocities committed on Hindus in BD on state visit of BD prime ministers.

But it's absolutely essential for BD to have good ties with India. You can't just sever connections with a neighbor that promises you good trade and that basically surrounds you from all sides. But I really hope India Bangladesh relations continue to improve, thanks for sharing your interactions with your friends from BD. My only interaction with people from BD is on PDF and they clearly seem to criticize anything and everything that is related to India and thus I was under the assumption that the PDF BDeshis are outliers. Clearly, that's not the case.

A secular government in India like the one Indira Gandhi had will vastly improve matters. There is a very remote possibility of that happening.
Regardless, these protests are surprising. You don't see people in India protesting on the atrocities committed on Hindus in BD on state visit of BD prime ministers.
Yes you do. Check out BJP leader Dilip Ghosh's blog if you can read Bengali. The Bangladeshi leadership has cleverly deflected the criticism to "jehadi" saying its not their fault.

Yes you do. Check out BJP leader Dilip Ghosh's blog if you can read Bengali. The Bangladeshi leadership has cleverly deflected the criticism to "jehadi" saying its not their fault.
The people protesting look like the extreme religious guys that any sensible person will stay 10 feet away from so I don't think their leadership is deflecting the criticism.

I don't see any mention of Modi here....

No one has seen him selling chai at a train station
No one has seen him studying "entire political science"
No one has seen him getting arrested for Bangladesh.

We all know Sanghis are liars. This is just another one of those fables.

@Cheepek has given you the reply you deserve.
If Mamta Bannerjee were to visit Bangladesh it would be different.
She would be elected Prime Minister.

Then she should go to BD ASAP and spare India.

Are you seriously comparing Hindus with Muslims and Indians with BD's ? Kindly stop drawing these false equivalence before you start claiming Hindu kings destroyed Hindu temples.

Are you seriously comparing Hindus with Muslims and Indians with BD's ? Kindly stop drawing these false equivalence before you start claiming Hindu kings destroyed Hindu temples.
I don't find anything wrong in what I said. It's you who are coming to conclusions.

Why would you expect BD muslims to act like Indian Hindus ? and then be surprised when they don't ?
I'm not expecting them to act in any way. Was just trying to draw comparisons. And this is the 1st time that anything like this happened on a state visit. It's not like this always happens.

The people protesting look like the extreme religious guys that any sensible person will stay 10 feet away from so I don't think their leadership is deflecting the criticism.
Do these look religious to you.
Look at the slogans .
These are left wingers. As Muslims they should have been praying on Friday.

Do these look religious to you.
Look at the slogans .
These are left wingers. As Muslims they should have been praying on Friday.

These protests were decent, clearly not like the ones in the 1st page of the thread.

But I still don't understand how do people get the time to protest so much😐. Lekin mazaa aata hoga unless it gets too violent like it happened in BD and 6 unlucky people unfortunately lost their lives.

Then she should go to BD ASAP and spare India.
I think so too. As a Pakistani I would love to see Mamta Bannerjee as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh. It would be so much better for Pakistan Bangladesh relations.

Sometime back Pew did a poll in Bangladesh if they would accept Jyoti Basu as their Prime Minister . It was a multiple choice poll with several local politicians and Jyoti Basu as an outlier candidate. Jyoti Basu got 90% of the vote.

So yes, kick Mamta over to Bangladesh and rest assured she will kick Haseena out .

That will make the day for Pakistan!

And yet, BD is having really good growth currently. Clearly, we are not doing a very good job😆
Growth has nothing to do with religious identity.
Uyghurs are citizens of the second ( soon to be first ) largest economy in the world. Yet, they are restive.

Kashmiris should normally be proud of being citizens of a "economically powerful" nation.
They are not.

If it is only growth that concerns Bangladeshis they should be part of India,
Facebook and Messenger down in Bangladesh

1616787766036.jpeg

Facebook says its services have been restricted but the BTRC claims access to the sites were not blocked

Social media platform Facebook and its instant messaging app Facebook Messenger have gone down for users in Bangladesh.

Users across the country reported that they were having trouble to access Facebook and Messenger from around 5.30pm on Friday.

( Read More )

Back
Top Bottom