What's new

Featured Several killed as Modi's Bangladesh visit sparks violent protests

This is what you guys get for banning words which aren't slurs like p*j**t.

The Great Pakistani establishment has been in consonance with me that p*j**t is a slur, and has totally rejected your protestations
Still makes no sense.

Its like saying you calling Ilahabadis as Pragyars as slur but clearly they are just names of the city and its inhabitants.

So you advocate banning Berliner Schnautzen?

Tell me one thing....at no point did @jamahir say that he is from Chennai/erstwhile-Madras, then why use the identifier Madrasi Baniye for him?

@jamahir
It is not only mullas who are protesting against Modi, The left-wing organizations and women have come out on the streets in Dhaka
See the video below.
Watch the whole video. If you have problems translating the Bengali slogans let me know.

The Great Pakistani establishment has been in consonance with me that p*j**t is a slur, and has totally rejected your protestations

Stick to the topic please.

Tell me one thing....at no point did @jamahir say that he is from Chennai/erstwhile-Madras, then why use the identifier Madrasi Baniye for him?

I just had a primal urge to say that to him
@jamahir
It is not only mullas who are protesting against Modi, The left-wing organizations and women have come out on the streets in Dhaka
See the video below.
Watch the whole video. If you have problems translating the Bengali slogans let me know.

Stick to the topic please.

The devastating effects of A370 and other legislations on Bangladesh are hardly discussed.

Indian government vows to send 400mn Bengalis to Bangladesh.

Mullahs won't have a problem with that

Shaikh Hasina is the new Mehbooba Mufti

Very cheeky

Just like there is difference between Pak and Pak*

similarly there is a difference between Madras and Madrasi

Of course the word may have been in use during British times and immediately thereafter...but the word has universally been regarded as pejorative since the anti-Hindi protests and the break up of the old Madras State
Your ignorance is "profounder".
The area was called Madras Presidency till 1969.
The City of Chennai was called Madras till 1996.
North Indians called people of the Madras Presidency Madrasis which didn't necessarily mean Tamilian as the old Madras Presidency had areas of Andhra , Kerala and Karnataka ( I think ? in its domain.
So a Telugu speaking Andhra person was also a Madrasi .
The Indian Army still uses the word and there is no Tamil Nadu or Kerala Regiment to my knowledge.

Please STICK to the topic !

@jamahir
See the video below.

So this is a bit like Trump visiting India during the anti-CAA protests last year. I wonder how aware Modi is about these protests.

Kindly do translate the below :

What does the young man say at 0:38 mins ?

What is written on the red banner that comes next ?

What is written on the back of the t-shirt at 1:10 mins ?

What is written on the banners at night time ?

The protests are spreading BEYOND Dhaka. India may send the CRPF in?

Four killed as anti-Modi protesters, police clash in Bangladesh port city

At least four people were killed and several others were injured in a clash between Hefazat-e-Islam activists and police in Hathazri area of Bangladesh port city, Chattogram, on Friday.
( Read More )

So this is a bit like Trump visiting India during the anti-CAA protests last year. I wonder how aware Modi is about these protests.

No comparison. That was a communal pogrom with one community targeted. Right under Trumps nose visiting the "world's greatest democracy " Events in Dhaka are with people ( not sure if it is a mass protest yet ) against a foreign "guest of honor " . Civilian Bangladeshis are not killing each other though there have been clashes in the University between left wing students and Awami League hoodlums . See the editorials in New Age Bangladesh ( a left wing journal ).

Kindly do translate the below :

What does the young man say at 0:38 mins ?

The audio is unclear but he said.
" 30 ..." something ( Tirish ...)
and We will give our blood ( Rakto dibo )
What is written on the red banner that comes next ?
What is written on the back of the t-shirt at 1:10 mins ?

What is written on the banners at night time ?

I can't read Bengali. You would need to ask our Bangladeshi friends.
@bluesky @Atlas

The Awami League hoodlums attacking Left Wing students .
It is JNU all over again.
@jamahir

Anti-Modi protests and Chhatra League’s dastardly attack

THE attack that the Chhatra League, the student wing of the ruling Awami League, carried out on Tuesday on groups of students, mainly comprising left-leaning organisations, who held protests against the scheduled visit of India’s prime minister Narendra Modi near the Teacher-Student Centre on the campus of the University of Dhaka is worrying on a few counts. The attack that the Chhatra League carried out with bricks and sticks in the afternoon on the student protests left 20 injured, who had to be sent to hospital for treatment.
( Read More)

Back
Top Bottom