What's new

Setback for IAF's plans to arm fighter jets with Meteor missiles

Message to mother india.

"Sread wider .. we know there is more love from where that came from"

oh dear @randomradio .............. remember what i said ?
the only modern bvraam has is the r77 which as inferior to the aim-120.
which pretty much leaves india with the mk2's as the most capable fighters assuming they have the mica missiles

*yawn*

India has 3 ramjet options. One of them was Meteor. Big whoop.

As for MBDA, they are unhappy that we didn't choose Gripen for SE MII and a French radar for the LCA.

Give it a year or two and they will come around again. India has a requirement for about 2000 Meteor class missiles for the Su-30MKI alone, let alone LCAs and Rafales. You think they want to give up on such large orders to competitors? :lol:

You forget that we have already ordered Meteor with our Rafales. They will be coming to India in a few months now.

As a rule of thumb never wholeheartedly believe a source that just quotes "sources".

Wait for the official confirmation.
Also, we have this under development.

DeigTqbW4AA3eVk.jpg
downloadfile.png

*yawn*

India has 3 ramjet options. One of them was Meteor. Big whoop.

As for MBDA, they are unhappy that we didn't choose Gripen for SE MII and a French radar for the LCA.

Give it a year or two and they will come around again. India has a requirement for about 2000 Meteor class missiles for the Su-30MKI alone, let alone LCAs and Rafales. You think they want to give up on such large orders to competitors? :lol:

You forget that we have already ordered Meteor with our Rafales. They will be coming to India in a few months now.
3 ramjet options...............this is a first for me........do tell. mbda is owned by various European countries so ,hypothetically we (UK) could be angy that you didn't choose the typhoon, personally i think its good you didn't buy the typhoon.

as for this promise for a large order of missiles, thats just a farse like the rafale orders india promises to place and how india intends to build 120+ of them.

India's plans to equip its Russian SU-30MKI and indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas with long range Meteor beyond visual range missiles may get hit. Its European manufacturers have informed the government that they would not integrate their weapon on any Israeli or Russian platform.

This is excellent news.

It means we will be forced to work faster on Astra BVRAAM and make more versions of it.

I hope that EU and US can put a sanction through CAATSA on India so that our government forces the useless freeloaders in sarkari government agencies to make good quality defence equipment and induct them fast.

The concerns are real, and relate to ensuring that Russia and Israel donot gain access to some very privledged information surrounding the true capabilities of this missle either because the parent companies are a strategic competitor or a military product competitor.

Meteor will equip the Rafale fleet, and a good chance it will also equip the upgraded Mirages 2000's aswell. A fairly decent capapbility of what is most likely the most advanced BVR AAM out there at the moment.

India can also ask that the missle be integrated in to "110" aircraft deal they are pimping at the moment aswell.

That pretty much pulls plug on tejas.... is dead fish in water now

That pretty much pulls plug on tejas.... is dead fish in water now
Yeah, not being equipped by the one and only most advanced A2A in the world makes it dead.

Derby-ER is coming in any case.

Yeah, not being equipped by the one and only most advanced A2A in the world makes it dead.

Derby-ER is coming in any case.

Actually substandard design... amf 45 years of developement makes it dead... they'd tried to give it a life line with meteor

Actually substandard design... amf 45 years of developement makes it dead... they'd tried to give it a life line with meteor
If "substandard" means needing Meteor as a lifeline, I'd take that fighter any day over a "backbone" fighter that needs a proper fly by wire as a revolutionary upgrade.

Good day troll.

3 ramjet options...............this is a first for me........do tell.

Just look at post 18.

mbda is owned by various European countries so ,hypothetically we (UK) could be angy that you didn't choose the typhoon, personally i think its good you didn't buy the typhoon.

We are happy as well. :D

as for this promise for a large order of missiles, thats just a farse like the rafale orders india promises to place and how india intends to build 120+ of them.

Even if the orders are small, it will still be in the hundreds. But whenever India orders weapons, it happens in large numbers.

Just look at post 18.
one can dream

We are happy as well. :D
at least we agree on something

Even if the orders are small, it will still be in the hundreds. But whenever India orders weapons, it happens in large numbers.
so if small is in the hundreds so what is large thousands?
you do know im talking in the context of aircraft right, not missiles. do note the meteor goes for about £2+ million
and thats 40% more than the latest aim-120

If "substandard" means needing Meteor as a lifeline, I'd take that fighter any day over a "backbone" fighter that needs a proper fly by wire as a revolutionary upgrade.

Good day troll.

Ok take it than troll.... why are u driving it around on trucks... instruct indian airforce to buy few hundred in this century

3 ramjet options...............this is a first for me........do tell. mbda is owned by various European countries so ,hypothetically we (UK) could be angy that you didn't choose the typhoon, personally i think its good you didn't buy the typhoon.

That is some fallacious reasoning.
If MBDA was really against selling Meteor because we didn't buy Eurofighters then we wouldn't be getting Meteors for the Rafales.

Also how do you know it's a farce?
Almost every fighter aircraft bought by India has gotten incremental orders.
If anything future Rafale orders cannot be discounted.

one can dream

Dream?
How many missile projects has DRDO just given up on?
If you could get the answer to that you would know that the SFDR is very much real.

Ok take it than troll.... why are u driving it around on trucks... instruct indian airforce to buy few hundred in this century

INDIAN AIR FORCE COMMITS TO PROCURE A TOTAL OF 324 HAL TEJAS FIGHTERS

Back
Top Bottom