What's new

Serving Two Masters: Shariah Law and the Secular State

^^ and presuming its the guy speaking who has great knowledge in shariah??

I know enough about shariah law and enough to determine it wont work in the current times. Saudi Arabia is a great example of that.

^Secularism is unnatural. Individuals are non-secular and cannot agglomerate into a secular cooperate, without compromising their inner beliefs.

Above all logic, secularism is not the approved system. It will eventually die and be forgotten.

Please care to explain a bit more on bolded part?? I believe i am secular and also believe that i have not compromised with my inner believes

I know enough about shariah law and enough to determine it wont work in the current times. Saudi Arabia is a great example of that.

That truly explains "the amount" of knowledge you have about sharia.
Saudi arabia is an Authoritarian Kingdom not a state run by Sharia.

Sharia law has a democratic electoral system , Shura (parliament) , Khalifa (PM-which can be removed easily) , Freedom of worship and practice , non interest economy etc

Saudi arabia has none - which leaves you with no argument , just refrain yourself from this conversation or you will get closer to be added into respected ones list.

Thanks for your time.

That truly explains "the amount" of knowledge you have about sharia.
Saudi arabia is an Authoritarian Kingdom not a state run by Sharia.

Sharia law has a democratic electoral system , Shura (parliament) , Khalifa (PM-which can be removed easily) , Freedom of worship and practice , non interest economy etc

Saudi arabia has none - which leaves you with no argument , just refrain yourself from this conversation or you will get closer to be added into respected ones list.

Thanks for your time.
and a woman is half witness of a man and a kafir like me quarter witness, thank you I love that kind of system to be followed in all muslim countries.

I think Pakistan's current state of 'semi-secularism' is an acceptable system for a highly religious Muslim country. We are Pakistani's. It is not our nature to give death sentences over petty little issues like Arabs and Terrorists do, we have a HEART and it's a BIG ONE, mind you. We have Christians in our military, Hindu's in our sports and fashion industry, and many other minorities in prominent positions in our society, we don't ignore them, instead we support them. (sure, our loony civilians are a little out of hand, but we're talking about government here, eh?)

Pakistan is a developing country (well maybe not at the moment) with huge potential and the last thing we need is to behead someone for suggesting an alien idea to our culture. Pakistan will change, although it will change slowly and for the betterment of all of us.

Shariah Law cannot work in the 21st century. Secularism is the way to go!

Shariah Law can definitely work and the history will continually repeat itself

But our leadership cannot handle the shariah law so i partially agree that the Shariah Law cannot work in Pakistan under such circumstances

Please care to explain a bit more on bolded part?? I believe i am secular and also believe that i have not compromised with my inner believes
I'll give you the example. A population and welfare minister in a European county was found to be too slow to act in her capacity to promote abortion. When questioned, she said she was a Catholic, and her job was incongruous with her beliefs.

Society comes out of individuals, it can't be secular when the individuals are not.

Thanks.

Secularism is already being pushed to limits in Europe in the current time. France, Switzerland , Holland and now Germany are all showing a sense of unease from the Muslim population even in their personal matters.

To be honest Secularism will be eroded in Europe if it is pushed a bit more which is likely to happen.

More confusing times lie ahead in Europe simply because most of the population is ahteist but with a christian culture who dont want the role of religion in their lives but want to keep the culture.

^Secularism is unnatural. Individuals are non-secular and cannot agglomerate into a secular cooperate, without compromising their inner beliefs.

Above all logic, secularism is not the approved system. It will eventually die and be forgotten.

right now it is working very well to greater extent in many many places.

Back
Top Bottom