What's new

Serving Brigadier arrested for suspected links with Hizbut Tahrir

Kakgeta and agnostic muslim @

I turned on late, all I heard was that my husband is not unknown in the army, his views are known, and the Anchor said Allah apkay sath Insaaf kare...
'Known religious and political views' is one thing, donating to a banned organization or participating/organizing/conducting activites on behalf of the banned orginization is a different issue.

Gen. Kayani is very important, he restored the honor and integrity of the military post the propaganda against it.

If he were a puppet, there wont be so much friction between US and Pak.

HT and other such groups might be gunning for him but he will stay until the job is done.

He is the best we have had in a while and he has a mammoth task of fighting with an internal enemy.

I am curious - why the change of heart about Kayani?

Gen. Kayani is very important, he restored the honor and integrity of the military post the propaganda against it.

If he were a puppet, there wont be so much friction between US and Pak.

HT and other such groups might be gunning for him but he will stay until the job is done.

He is the best we have had in a while and he has a mammoth task of fighting with an internal enemy.

yes but my qustion is dont we have anyother able and competeive generals who can take over or only Mr Kiyani?who was appointed by musharraf why give him an extenstion dont you think it raises a qustion mark on him?these are the qustions every1 is asking its better its answered with solid proof

Good going, arrest all these snakes hiding in any institutions, extract every drop of information, than make their execution example for other snakes. Torture them & than bury them alive. These snakes live & eat of Pakistan & helping those terrorists who are against Pakistan.

she also said that my husband has served army for 35 years, and I dont want to defame Army...

a group of liberals is trying to take over the army and are arresting others who oppose them and americans by calling them HuT or informers of US

i am shouting We are going towards another bangladesh stop it stop the govt stop the military chief who is a puppet in US hands and for the first time in history of pakistan COAS got extention of 3 years dosent a qustion arise???we dont have any other general to take over kiyani or all others are members of HuT?please stop this nonsense impeach kiyani as he failed to protect our country he should go home and a general with some self respect and braveary should be the COAS we need the change now not later now

what are you saying ? come one yaar. He is given extension as he doesnt seem to be Ayub / Zia / Mush, who will take over govt. What has happened to our country, that he wasn't able to safe? Operation Rah e Raast and Rah e Nijaat are big achievements of Pak Army. You need to refresh your mind, which seems to be brainwashed by organization like HuT.

she also said that my husband has served army for 35 years, and I dont want to defame Army...

Sure - but why assume that the husband, if he was guilty of supporting banned organizations, would tell his wife about those activities?

As far as she knows he is probably completey above board, and may in fact be innocent - we won't really know until the investigations are complete.

Oooh that might be response to question "keh aap kay husband ko arrest kia hai, aap ki apni army nay, aap kia kahain gi".

Media sometimes asks foolish question, like a man asking father whose son was killed in a blast "Aap kay kia tasuraat hain aap kay jawan betay ki maut par?"

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I am curious - why the change of heart about Kayani?

:lol: this surprised me as well.

his wife was live on TV, the game seems to be something else than portrayed by media and claimed by ISPR !

True in Pakistan GOP is sold, army does not tell you the truth and everything is a game. Keep living in dreams.

Sure - but why assume that the husband, if he was guilty of supporting banned organizations, would tell his wife about those activities?

As far as she knows he is probably completey above board, and may in fact be innocent - we won't really know until the investigations are complete.
we wont even know after the investigations are complete because the people who carry out the investigations are the same who arrested him in the first place and its something called the parrelell ISI

yes but my qustion is dont we have anyother able and competeive generals who can take over or only Mr Kiyani?who was appointed by musharraf why give him an extenstion dont you think it raises a qustion mark on him?these are the qustions every1 is asking its better its answered with solid proof

His appointment was fair - he was pretty senior and he had significant experience as both DG ISI and DGMO, and performed admirably in both roles. As DG ISI he broke apart a terrorist cell in the Army/AF that was looking to assasinate Musharraf.

AS DGMO he was responsible for the Pakistan Army response to India's Operation Parakram in 2001, and handled it very, very well, as admitted by even Indian analysts.

As COAS he has shown, so far, a significant amount of restraint in terms of getting involved in domestic politics. He reportedly brokered the conflict between Zardari and the Sharifs, which resulted in the restoration of the Chaudhry Supreme Court, and the Sharif Government in Punjab. He removed almost all serving military personnel from positions in civilian institutions, and launched large COIN training programs for the Army.

Some have criticized his 3 year extension, but it was a constitutional one, and given his performance and the changes he was implementing, a good decision IMO since that would allow continuity in his policies and perhaps allow many of those changes to take root.

I would not however support another extension for him. Six years as COAS is enough.

a group of liberals is trying to take over the army and are arresting others who oppose them and americans by calling them HuT or informers of US

maybe, but it seems more like "we are cleaning sir, dont stop our aid please"

not sure though maybe he had a connection, and you know promotion is a big issue in higher ranks from this point onwards... survival of the fittest !

Back
Top Bottom