What's new

Serious Problems With Oplot Surfaced During Trials..

IMO there won't be any ToT on diesel engines (be it for a light armoured vehicle all the way through to tanks) without picking up some/half of the tab on the costs. Ultimately, Pakistan will need to invest in a program much like Turkey. Besides Turkey (e.g. BMC), we'll need to look far and wide, maybe get creative - e.g. private Chinese companies, Poland, etc.
yes the most realistic comment i have read in this thread, all others r just aerial firing!

It is adjustable.

I think Pakistan might go for The Altay, after the recent deal with Turkey, A policy shift with regard to defence is not far away.
How can be weight of a tank adjustable. And Turkey is rookie in this field yet, even behind Pakistan.

AK is way matured than Altay.

First send Altay to Pakistan desert for trial, then we talking about it.

How can be weight of a tank adjustable. And Turkey is rookie in this field yet, even behind Pakistan.

AK is way matured than Altay.

First send Altay to Pakistan desert for trial, then we talking about it.

Turkey has Tulpar, Medium weight Tank and also Altay.

Pakistan can make any adustmant on Turkish defence solutions for her own strategy without being dependent on others' conditional tanks, thanks to her own experience(as you said) and Turkish experience.

Pakistan is on the edge of a decision: keep buying others conditional weapons or hand in hand with Turkey for producing and selling.

Turkey has Tulpar, Medium weight Tank and also Altay.

Pakistan can make any adustmant on Turkish defence solutions for her own strategy without being dependent on others' conditional tanks, thanks to her own experience(as you said) and Turkish experience.

Pakistan is on the edge of a decision: keep buying others conditional weapons or hand in hand with Turkey for producing and selling.
If you can give enough discount, I thought Trukey weapons are very good for Pakistan army.But if not, Altay is far too expensive. And very easy to be embargoed by USA.

TOT is not that necessery, China has brought a lot of Ka-27 and mi-17 without any TOT. USA has brought a lot of AS365 without TOT.

Maybe Turkey can buy some JF-17B from Pakistan? And put turkey systems in it.

Last edited:
urkey has Tulpar, Medium weight Tank and also Altay.

The weight it self cant be adjusted since Pakistan India theatre comprise of marty areas plus desert it self the higher weight category is not suitable we are looking for 50 ton category where as altay even a superb tank but is on heavier side . Now OPLOT and VT fits the bill but again there is lot of work being done to make them work in Pakistani terrain . I guess there was a deep look being given to ALTAY couple of years back and there was a debate of customizing the ALTAY to Pakistani needs but that requires more complex redesigning ,My best analysis will be Ukraine or Russian option and medium chances are for Chinese one ,Lets see

Ive come to the conclusion tank in video is not the Oplot, its a regular T-80/84.

Look at the driver side gauges in the video.
and compare with this presentation video of Oplot.

Gauges in Oplot for driver side are not analogue.
oplot.png

And here is a picture of T-80/84 driver side similar as the one in the video with defective systems.
t-80u%2Bdriver%2527s%2Bstation%2Bleft.jpg

from link
https://thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/t-80-gambol.html

Pakistan should opt for ALTAY project rather than wasting time turkey is more reliable friend we can ever have i see turkey above KSA and china in bad time they help us mire than combin ed China and ksa

Turkey have best to offer and under our b dget

Altay is based on german technology which is considered best in bussiness if qatar can use it in harsh hit desert we can too and it comes with tot from turkey doing it make our engineers more experience in developing such advanced technologies.

Im not big fan of russian tanks but world still fears german tiger tanks

Altay is based on german technology which is considered best in bussiness if qatar can use it in harsh hit desert we can too and it comes with tot from turkey doing it make our engineers more experience in developing such advanced technologies.

Im not big fan of russian tanks but world still fears german tiger tanks
altay is based on korean K2

It looks like the fate of both VT4 and Oplot is ultimately going to collapse as far as their induction in Pakistan armored corps is concerned. Both tanks have suffered several shortcomings and despite of application of few upgrades, none of them offered any credible dominance over AK-T80 to justify purchase of separate MBT. Last I heard that VT4 was in Rawalpindi two months ago and by then it was dominating Oplot in terms of performance. But now it looks like (lets call it rumor) that Pakistan is likely to evaluate a new MBT under the title of Al Haider. I don't want to name the tank or country but its definitely not Asian. Expect news by end of this year.

AK is often over estimated on this forum but in reality it is not as good as is claimed by some members based upon theoretical calculations. Its basic 3rd Generation MBT capable enough to take on current Indian armor but it needs some specific technical 'fixation' and rapid production in order to justify its existence as 'Tip of Sphere' of Pakistan Armored corps. Keep hopes high as far as AK2 is concerned. It will even give T90MS run for its money.

Back
Top Bottom