What's new

Serbian defense industry

That's an impressive vehicle, only thing it's missing is a flame thrower : )

Will they be replacing the BVP-M80's ?

Will they be replacing the BVP-M80's ?

Doubt it. there was a plan to procure 200 8x8 armored vehicles for Serbian army, but money is the big problem. It is expected that Lazar will enter TOC until the end of the year. But even after Lazar goes through all tests, procurement of the vehicle will go slowly.

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_010.jpg

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_011.jpg

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_012.jpg

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_013.jpg

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_014.jpg

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_015.jpg

Lazar_2_8x8_MRAV_MRAP_Multi-Purpose_armoured_vehicle_YugoImport_Serbia_Serbian_defense_industry_military_technology_016.jpg

@BDforever

Visit BSS Yugoimport Nora B-52K1 howitzer factory & live firing Army Recognition Defense Web TV

The Serbian Defense Company Yugoimport opens the door of its new BSS "Complex Combat System" factory in Velika Plana (Serbia) for Army Recognition Group Defense Web Tv press team to visit the production line of the 155mm 8x8 self-propelled howitzer NORA B-52K1. Yugoimport has launched the opening of its new factory to increase the production of NORA B-52 howitzer to meet new international orders and interest from many countries in Asia and Africa.

Visit_of_BSS_Yugoimport_Nora_B-52K1_factory_live_firing_Army_Recognition_Group_Defense_Web_TV_640_001.jpg
Yugoimport BSS factory of NORA B-52 155mm wheeled self-propelled howitzer

The NORA B-52K1 is a 155mm 52 caliber self-propelled howitzer designed and developed by the Serbian Defence Company YugoImport.

According the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, the Nora B-52 is in service Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Kenya, and could be enter in service with the Serbian armed forces. The NORA B-52 showed at the factory during our visit was mounted on Kamaz truck chassis but the gun system can be fitted to any truck able to carry the weight of the system. The platform with the artillery system can be easily adapted to any types of trucks thanks the use of an universal platform.

The main armament of NORA B-52K1 consists of a 155 mm barrel length of 52 calibres, fitted with semi automatic breech block, automatic loader and an advanced solution of powder chamber self-opturating system. Automatic loader consists of two cassettes containing 12 projectiles and 12 propellant charges, projectile and charge feeder and chain rammer controlled by PLC thus increasing firing rate and minimizing crew effort. Loader can be refilled from the container on the deck of the vehicle. Container has 8 removable cassettes each containing 6 housings. This makes total combat set 36 rounds. Gun-ammunition system is fully compatible with 155mm NATO Agreement requirements. During transport/travelling of the weapon, its armament is turned forward, above the vehicle cabin, with the barrel being fixed by barrel holder.

To provide a more stable firing platform, four hydraulic stabilisers are lowered to the ground by remote control, on either side of the chassis and two at the rear. To increase the self-protection of the vehicle, a 7.62 mm or 12.7 mm can be mounted at the top of the crew cabin. The NORA B-52K1 can fire at a maximum range of 41.2 km with a full range of ammunitions as HE ERFB-BB, ERFB-BT, standard 155mm M107 or laser beam guided projectile. Two smoke grenade dischargers are mounted on each side at the front of the crew cabin.

The Nora-B-52K1 is equipped with a Fire Control System (FCS) with hardware and software improvements providing better battlefield navigation , gun barrel laying in traverse and elevation and fully automatic firing data calculation.

Army Recognition Defense Web Tv team has also the chance to assist a live firing of one battery of NORA B-52. . This artillery vehicle is fully integrated into AFCCS (Artillery Fire Command and Control System) for battlefield observation, target acquisition, data transfer, ballistic computation and fire command instructions transfer. The NORA B-52K1 I can be ready to fire the first round in less than 60 sec and leave its firing position in the same time. The gun system is able to fire at a maximum rate of fire of 4 rounds/min.

Impressive capabilities, great work fro Serbian engineers. Considering Serbian size and population, The capabilities introduced here, are more than enough to apploud loudly. I see There are serious areas that We can cooperate between eachothers in defence sector, especially for missiles. Hope to see some Serbian defence institutes in IDEF 2015...

Kovacki Centar factory of Yugoimport produces high quality shell bodies from 60 to 155mm caliber.

Editorial team of Army Recognition Group Defense Web TV has the chance to visit the Kovacki Centar, a factory of Yugoimport which produce and forges bodies of artillery ammunitions from 60 to 155mm caliber. Kovacki Centar manufactures forged shell bodies and metal components of outstanding quality.

Kovacki_Centar_factory_of_Yugoimport_produces_high_quality_shell_bodies_from_60_to_155mm_caliber_640_001.jpg

Army Recognition Group Defense Web TV were able to follow the manufacturing and forging process of artillery ammunitions at Kovacki Centar, Yugoimport factory.

Thanks to existing theoretical and practical knowledge and also bearing in mind experiences from combat environment, the complete family of 155mm rounds has been developed and it consists of standard projectiles, and of projectiles with optimized aerodynamic layout of front ogive with or without base-bleed unit.

During the development many original technical solutions have been implemented, thanks to technical breakthroughs and also appearances of new materials, machines, tools and manufacturing technologies. Needless to say that all of these technical advances aimed at ammunition upgrading were thoroughly tested at proving grounds, and only after all of requirements were fulfilled they were ready to enter series production. By this unmistakable design philosophy we have created the family of 155mm ammunition which have following features, which are placing our rounds among the best available on the market today:

• highly energetic powder charges enabling long ranges, yet having very little influence on barrel wear, which is very important for heavy artillery systems
• increasing the range has been accomplished either by aerodynamic optimization of front ogive and/or adding base-bleed unit, or adding basebleed unit into standard projectiles without harming projectile’s accuracy and terminal efficiency
• by using modern explosives and fuses we have enhanced lethality of our projectiles comparing to other projectiles offered on the market
• Yugoimport ammunition is well known for it’s reliability and simplicity
• longevity which is secured by certain both chemical and physical modernization of ammunition components

Modern solutions have been applied in developing II generation shells. These include: optimised aero-dynamic shape securing external ballistic characteristics, accuracy and precision at all ranges; appliance of advanced shell body casting technology which provides forming of a great number of fragments, has been applied in production of the shell body.

This technology, together with the TNT/RDX explosive charge provides optimum efficiency at target. The new generation shell weight corresponds to the heavy shell weights of the previous generation and importantly increased their range, precision and terminal efficiency.

Kovacki Centar factory of Yugoimport produces high quality shell bodies from 60 to 155mm caliber 0205153 | weapons defence industry military technology UK | analyse focus army defence military industry army

Fictive project, by some guys playing in 3d modeling programs.
LOL, now I know you're a real Serb : )
It could very well be that's all it is, but indications are there's some former Engineers from the M84 project, so maybe this thing will gain some traction. You never know, weirder things have happened ; )

Since Armata will never be exported, it wouldn't hurt if Serbia could offer some things in that league. Or at least partner with India on this project since they are talking of a similar initiative.

At any rate, once Lazar is in production the industry will need a new engineering/development project. New tanks would be easier/cheaper than modern aircraft = LIFT program.

LOL, now I know you're a real Serb : )
It could very well be that's all it is, but indications are there's some former Engineers from the M84 project, so maybe this thing will gain some traction. You never know, weirder things have happened ; )

Since Armata will never be exported, it wouldn't hurt if Serbia could offer some things in that league. Or at least partner with India on this project since they are talking of a similar initiative.

At any rate, once Lazar is in production the industry will need a new engineering/development project. New tanks would be easier/cheaper than modern aircraft = LIFT program.

The heavy machine industry in Serbia is dead. Anyone who knows something about tanks can see that so called project leader, doesn't know a thing about it just from a terminology he uses.

Let me give you example of Serbian reality:

Kruševac: Kovačnica "gasi svetlo" | Srbija | Novosti.rs

And these guys are gonna make pandan to Armata, but for less money....:hitwall:

And i know this is a fictive project because i know this 3d designer from a Mycity military forum.He presented this as a fictive project months before this article on that forum. Now he is presenting new uniform, and we are helping him with ideas and comments...:D

http://www.mycity-military.com/Blog/Nova-pesadijska-uniforma-Vojske-Srbije-fiktivni-projekat.html

The heavy machine industry in Serbia is dead. Anyone who knows something about tanks can see that so called project leader, doesn't know a thing about it just from a terminology he uses.
Let me give you example of Serbian reality:

Kruševac: Kovačnica "gasi svetlo" | Srbija | Novosti.rs
That is a heartbreaking story, and i'm sorry to hear it. My father worked as a machinist in Serbia back in the glory days of Yugo. I keep hoping it will turn around some day

And these guys are gonna make pandan to Armata, but for less money....:hitwall:
And i know this is a fictive project because i know this 3d designer from a Mycity military forum.He presented this as a fictive project months before this article on that forum. Now he is presenting new uniform, and we are helping him with ideas and comments...:D

http://www.mycity-military.com/Blog/Nova-pesadijska-uniforma-Vojske-Srbije-fiktivni-projekat.html
well hope springs eternal, I can't be too hard on people for dreaming of something better. I have worked on start ups before, and see how , even with hundreds of millions of dollars, projects fail because of the technology is too advanced, bad management, wrong people, all or all of the above.
On the opposite side, every once in a while something unlikely also takes off.

Any news on sale of T55's?

Proka how soon will we know what kind of deal was made in Moscow recently? Any rumors about what the Russians are sending?
S300? Mig's?

Proka how soon will we know what kind of deal was made in Moscow recently? Any rumors about what the Russians are sending?
S300? Mig's?

For now the only thing confirmed are two MI-17 helicopters.

It would be nice if there was something coming out of Vucic that made any sense, he's talking about attack helicopters and ballistic missiles? Why are we shopping for Kamaz truck chassis from Russia when FAP is struggling to keep the doors open?
I hope whatever deal was made actually makes Serbia more secure, regardless of what equipment shows up as long as it's useful.

So....Serbs.....opinion on migrants??? Any public demands of fencing of border with Macedonia?

Why Maljutka on Lazar, don't you make some other missiles, Bumbar iirc....wouldn't that be more appropriate?

Back
Top Bottom