RUSSIA
MiG-29M
Su-30M

CHINA
Chengdu J-10A/B
Cac/Pac JF-17 Block1/Block2

and presented are:
F-16,EF,Rafale,MiG-29,Su-30,JF-17.

for F-18 and J-10 i have'nt informations.

SAAB was decline invitation.

EU and US jets are very expensive, so greatest chanses has a MiG-29M/M2 and JF-17 Thunder.

So, what you think who will win on Serbian tender?

Well Jf 17 is so far the most cost effective solution of its category. Rest are just expensive but i don't really know economic conditions of Serbia so all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

Well Jf 17 is so far the most cost effective solution of its category. Rest are just expensive but i don't really know economic conditions of Serbia so all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

just of the economy i said that in Serbia the greatest chances has a mig-29m and JF-17.

Last offer is from Russia, 12 MiG-29M and Anti air defence systems S-300(with S-400 missilies) and Patsir S1, and BuK-M1, but we don't have a official confirmition.

This goverment of Serbia is little eastern or precisely neutral, unlike last goverment.

I hope that my English is better than "Google Translate" English, lol. :)

just of the economy i said that in Serbia the greatest chances has a mig-29m and JF-17.

Last offer is from Russia, 12 MiG-29M and Anti air defence systems S-300(with S-400 missilies) and Patsir S1, and BuK-M1, but we don't have a official confirmition.

This goverment of Serbia is little eastern or precisely neutral, unlike last goverment.

Well this is a "Pakistani defence forum" so obviously people here will favour the JF-17.
If Serbia goes for non-NATO aircraft i.e Mig-29 /Jf-17/j-10/Su-30 then in terms of cost effectiveness Chinese single engine fighters should come out on top. Serbia is a small country and I guess most of it's requirements are simple "Air Policing." What the Thunder provides is more than adequete. However, competitions like these always go the way of political consideration. Can you tell me why SAAB has declined? I would of thought leased Gripens would have been one of the most preferred set ups?

Russian offer is good. Dont worry your english is OK :cheers:

IF and IF ever FC-1 comes into competition with Mig-29 it will all come down to the Complete Package. JF-17 is PAF specific. But i highly doubt for the reason engine is RD-93 Russian.

Well this is a "Pakistani defence forum" so obviously people here will favour the JF-17.
If Serbia goes for non-NATO aircraft i.e Mig-29 /Jf-17/j-10/Su-30 then in terms of cost effectiveness Chinese single engine fighters should come out on top. Serbia is a small country and I guess most of it's requirements are simple "Air Policing." What the Thunder provides is more than adequete. However, competitions like these always go the way of political consideration. Can you tell me why SAAB has declined? I would of thought leased Gripens would have been one of the most preferred set ups?

Nobody knows, "it's a personal decision of a private company"- that said Sweden ambassador in Serbia.

I can't to attach link here, because i have not a 15 posts, so just google "srbija gripen", and go at first link, and translate on English.

Nobody knows, "it's a personal decision of a private company"- that said Sweden ambassador in Serbia.

I can't to attach link here, because i have not a 15 posts, so just google "srbija gripen", and go at first link, and translate on English.

Swedish Air Force is looking to sell its older A/C Gripen in hopes to gain funding for Gripen E. They have been successful in leasing and purchase but I think Serbia is not into lease and return they want a one time deal.

I only see F-16s/Mig-29 in contest And FC-1 if russians agree to RD-93 otherwise WS has to be operational and assurances from China.

Swedish Air Force is looking to sell its older A/C Gripen in hopes to gain funding for Gripen E. They have been successful in leasing and purchase but I think Serbia is not into lease and return they want a one time deal.

I only see F-16s/Mig-29 in contest And FC-1 if russians agree to RD-93 otherwise WS has to be operational and assurances from China.

Hmm F-16 IQ(that IQ is same like Block 52 right? or have AESA?) is too expensive, Iraq for 18 jets payed 4.2 billions$, that is very very expensive. For that money Serbia can to buy over 150 Thunder jets or 50-60 MiG-29M's.

Serbia just need 12-48 mulitrole jets.

Hmm F-16 IQ(that IQ is same like Block 52 right? or have AESA?) is too expensive, Iraq for 18 jets payed 4.2 billions$, that is very very expensive. For that money Serbia can to buy over 150 Thunder jets or 50-60 MiG-29M's.

Serbia just need 12-48 mulitrole jets.

F-16 IQ is same as blk-52+ similar to what we and many customers got. The price is way too high for just 18

JF-17 Block-2 would been best for Serbian Air force
Cost 20-25 Million
KLJ-7 Upgrade Radar with Block-2
SD-10B Bvr range Missile
Low weight Aircraft

Feat Yugoslavia(now Serbia,Croatia,Bosnia,Macedonia,Montenegro, Slovenia) and France has a project named L-20 supersonic, which look is same like a French Dassault Rafale, but with one engine - Light Rafale.

Search keyword: novi avion or yu-supersonic

And that project was in final phase of development, but is canceled 1991 because most stupidest war ever, brothers kill brothers(yes you guess, that war is NATO project to delete Yugoslavia from World map).

Now here speak about restoration that project,

How Serbian military commentator (who has good contacts in Serbian government) said, Serbia was offer UAE this project, and UAE considering the of serial production of their own, and probably our.

Serbia has a knowledge,
UAE has a money.

@honorfreedom, dont you think Serbia will have to soften its stance on Kosovo if it wishes to increase its relationship with NATO countries? I fail to see why Serbia would purchase Typhoons or Rafales if it knows that the West European countries can use Serbias subsequent reliance on them as a leverage over for example Kosovo. My guess would be that Serbia will stick with jets from your traditional allies, the Russians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom