What's new

Separate Tamil nation will become a reality in Sri Lanka: Karunanidhi

if need be, India will crush tamil seperatism with Iron Fist, you saw how they crushed punjab insurgency.

So you did, and so we did. However, it was hardly a pretty affair, or do you imply otherwise?

DMK dumped this idea long ago.

There is not LTTE India. The core group that planned and killed RG came from SL.

As for the 3rd part, the comments itself explains the reasons. He is desperately trying to revive his party's fortunes which suffered a massive hit in the last general elections by using the cast & language card. His party is now only the 3rd biggest in TN assembly, so he is not even the opposition leader....... How the mighty have fallen.

DMK dumped this idea long ago.

There is not LTTE India. The core group that planned and killed RG came from SL.

As for the 3rd part, the comments itself explains the reasons. He is desperately trying to revive his party's fortunes which suffered a massive hit in the last general elections by using the cast & language card. His party is now only the 3rd biggest in TN assembly, so he is not even the opposition leader....... How the mighty have fallen.

That's why I spoke of revival, not continuation.

if need be, India will crush tamil seperatism with Iron Fist, you saw how they crushed Sikhs.

the best thing india can do at this stage is diversfy tamil population by sending people from north to south.

Damn ..you are good.

So you did, and so we did. However, it was hardly a pretty affair, or do you imply otherwise?

That's why I spoke of revival, not continuation.

India is a big country with a much bigger land & population mass compared to pakistan & it becomes hard to keep it united by catering to all 100plus languages, so the thurst of 1 single langauge hindi comes into picture, if the tamil fanboyism raises it's ugly head it would be shown no mercy, just like Sikhs.

my speculation.

Why don't you Indians make a separate ealam out of Indian Tamil Nadu as that has the majority tamil population. Why go
after SL? What's this retarded hypocritical logic you have of breaking up countries.

India is a big country with a much bigger land & population mass compared to pakistan & it becomes hard to keep it united by catering to all 100plus languages, so the thurst of 1 single langauge hindi comes into picture, if the tamil fanboyism raises it's ugly head it would be shown no mercy, just like no mercy was shown to Sikhs.

my speculation.

Trolling is an art and you are fast becoming a master of it. More power to you Sir.

Why don't you Indians make a separate ealam out of Indian Tamil Nadu as that has the majority tamil population. Why go
after SL? What's this retarded hypocritical logic you have of breaking up countries.

Have you gone through the thread? No Indian here supports that loud mouth.

I think it'll soon be time for Pakistan and China to send more arms and support to our Sri Lankan friends......

if the indian ocean wasnt already full of LTTE fishies

being pragmatic here, why should tamils get a different treatment to sikhs?

If anyone raises arms against the Indian State, they will all get the same treatment.

I think it'll soon be time for Pakistan and China to send more arms and support to our Sri Lankan friends......

if the indian ocean wasnt already full of LTTE fishies

you are talking abosolutely nonsense here, why can't you for a change be neutral once?

They establish a Tamil nation in Sri Lanka, then what? If you think they'll all go home and watch 'The Simpsons' then your're pretty much on the track to being screwed. These guys will set a precedent for Dravidian Separatists in India to follow, the last thing you would want is for such a possibility to ever become a reality!

because once the trend begins, Manipur Assam Orissa Jharkand West Bengal and Tamilnadu will follow suit...elements in those states are already itching for separation

DMK was a great proponent of Dravidistan.
LTTE India assassinated your Prime Minister!

Second Line:
The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Dravidian ideology will be strengthened: Karunanidhi

So you came across a fancy looking term on an indian website and decided to flaunt it on a public forum?! Please read up a bit on forums like the Justice Party, read up bit on guys like Periyar and CN Annadurai. Since the independence, though there have been instances of anti-hindi sentiments in TN (like during the riots of 1965), the late 50s and the 60s saw the infeasibility of such an idea dawn on the leaders and the claim for "Dravida Nadu" died a natural death. Meanwhile, parties like the DMK, which displayed muted advocacy, at best, for a separate state post independence, embraced the indian union and its federal structure and participated in the elections. Some extremists often surface, such as the TNLA, but they serve only to add colour to an already diverse discourse on society and culture.

But more importantly, the politicians and leaders may harp on a certain tune, but the people of TN have firmly been within the national fold since independence, backing the nation on the most critical of times like the wars against pak and china. And their level of patriotism is second to none. Can say so with personal experience, having lived in Chennai for nearly 3 years.

As for karunanidhi's remarks that you have provided the link for - i am presuming that you are not in touch with ground realities in TN. Let me add context to Karunanidhi's remarks, in the interest of those suffering from ignorance. The DMK is reeling from the aftershocks of 2G scam. The scam which caught the country's attention (which allegedly cost the exchequer about USD 37 billion) has seen senior party ministers A Raja (former telecom minister), Dayanidhi Maran (former union textiles minister) and even karunidhi's daughter - Kanimozhi feature on the radar of investigators. Meanwhile, the 2G PR disaster, lead to the party suffering an embarrassing defeat in the 2011 assembly polls, where the party could not even garner enough votes to form the principal opposition in TN. All of this, while his two sons - Stalin and Alagiri, have locked horns over who heads the party after Karunanidhi bows out, with the party's future at stake. And let's not forget the Jayalalitha, the current CM, seeking retribution by looking to have cops chase after DMK office bearers on charges of land grabbing - being termed by the local media as the "land grab offensive"

Given this context, these desperate cries by the former CM, are merely cheap theatrics to stay relevant to the electorate and to register on the public memory - Nothing more, nothing less.

Hence, your half baked theories and claims lack basis, reflect a lack of understanding of the politics of Tamil Nadu and are unwarranted.

Cheers.

DMK was a great proponent of Dravidistan.
LTTE India assassinated your Prime Minister!

Second Line:
The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Dravidian ideology will be strengthened: Karunanidhi

So you came across a fancy looking term on an indian website and decided to flaunt it on a public forum?! Please read up a bit on forums like the Justice Party, read up bit on guys like Periyar and CN Annadurai. Since the independence, though there have been instances of anti-hindi sentiments in TN (like during the riots of 1965), the late 50s and the 60s saw the infeasibility of such an idea dawn on the leaders and the claim for "Dravida Nadu" died a natural death. Meanwhile, parties like the DMK, which displayed muted advocacy, at best, for a separate state post independence, embraced the indian union and its federal structure and participated in the elections. Some extremists often surface, such as the TNLA, but they serve only to add colour to an already diverse discourse on society and culture.

But more importantly, the politicians and leaders may harp on a certain tune, but the people of TN have firmly been within the national fold since independence, backing the nation on the most critical of times like the wars against pak and china. And their level of patriotism is second to none. Can say so with personal experience, having lived in Chennai for nearly 3 years.

As for karunanidhi's remarks that you have provided the link for - i am presuming that you are not in touch with ground realities in TN. Let me add context to Karunanidhi's remarks, in the interest of those suffering from ignorance. The DMK is reeling from the aftershocks of 2G scam. The scam which caught the country's attention (which allegedly cost the exchequer about USD 37 billion) has seen senior party ministers A Raja (former telecom minister), Dayanidhi Maran (former union textiles minister) and even karunidhi's daughter - Kanimozhi feature on the radar of investigators. Meanwhile, the 2G PR disaster, lead to the party suffering an embarrassing defeat in the 2011 assembly polls, where the party could not even garner enough votes to form the principal opposition in TN. All of this, while his two sons - Stalin and Alagiri, have locked horns over who heads the party after Karunanidhi bows out, with the party's future at stake. And let's not forget the Jayalalitha, the current CM, seeking retribution by looking to have cops chase after DMK office bearers on charges of land grabbing - being termed by the local media as the "land grab offensive"

Given this context, these desperate cries by the former CM, are merely cheap theatrics to stay relevant to the electorate and to register on the public memory - Nothing more, nothing less.

Hence, your half baked theories and claims lack basis, reflect a lack of understanding of the politics of Tamil Nadu and are unwarranted.

Cheers.

As a next door neighbour of TN, I assure you..Its dead.

I get that, my point however is that it's dead things that are revived. The ideology exists, potential recruits exist. You need an activator, success of the Tamil Insurgency in Sri Lanka will be that activator.

Expect a lot of racist a-holes in this thread with pathetic comments which describes their mind and their upbringing.

Back
Top Bottom