What's new

Sensitive Data of Indian Navy’s Scorpene Class Submarines Leaked

The fact is this is just a distinction without a difference. How does it matter? The end result is the same. As far as absolving DCNS, how does it? Whether theft or leak, DCNS is the source. If this guy stole this in 2011 & DCNS knew it but didn't tell the Indian side, that would rate as a very big breach of trust.

In any case, why should anyone believe the self serving story put out by DCNS sources. Just like the Indian MoD, they have good reasons to protect their own backsides. Bucket of salt it is.....

Did anyone say here DCNS is absolved?
Is there any place or any public report saying DCNS knew about this stolen case from 2011 onwards?

this is precisely why this was asked by @GuardianRED
upload_2016-8-25_20-48-52.png

There will be actions but whether its penalties which leads to reputation loss of DCNS further is the big question mark.
IMHO since DCNS is 62% owned by French Government any further Reputation loss indeed erodes further the government credibility and thus i believe they will not like India to invoke cancellation clause or any kind of penalties.

That is the golden opportunity when DM MP should sound the war horn and arm twist the negotiation to get something much higher in technology than present setup and also not pay for it.

as for you whole posts in this thread, pray do tell me what solution do you propose under the present situation?
Shall we all held our heads down bcz our subs are now nude and dud? Pls enlighten us what steps we should take?

A Kilo crew, even in surface, has a lot of other things to do than reading a newspaper....

Merci beaucoup! Pilote?

@PARIKRAMA he is a mirage pilot if I recall correctly?

On topic:

I think we are is safe waters for now. Preliminary information says not much to worry on. DCNS, of course, will have to worry a lot as they are in default of the confidentiality clause. Interesting to see what configurational changes take place, now.

Did anyone say here DCNS is absolved?
Is there any place or any public report saying DCNS knew about this stolen case from 2011 onwards?

Was referring to the article which cited sources claiming no negligence on DCNS's part.

The fact that they are suddenly pointing to 2011 as when the leak/theft took place & the Australian reporting also stating the same meant that this was known. Or do you think that they didn't know anything about any leak but managed to identify it to a theft by one former employee in 2011 all in under 24 hours?

so the sensationalism continues

upload_2016-8-25_22-5-7.png

upload_2016-8-25_22-5-21.png

upload_2016-8-25_22-5-53.png
upload_2016-8-25_22-6-2.png
upload_2016-8-25_22-6-12.png
upload_2016-8-25_22-6-26.png
upload_2016-8-25_22-7-14.png

https://theaustralianatnewscorpau .files. wordpress.com/2016/08/system-and-operating-data. pdf

@hellfire @Ankit Kumar 002 @Abingdonboy @anant_s @Nilgiri
What do you see here?
I see a operation manual.. true it should not be in public domain.. But does it compromise our security? I mean such a manual and details are given out to multiple navies .. even a RFI and a tender even if you fail will have such details.. So i am sure our adversaries already have such details.. so what exactly is new thats being shared? I think its just bcz gullible masses will now see how a "OIM" looks like from inside and will feel everything is out and nothing to hide anymore scenario..

Nice.. Loving the nonsense really..

@PARIKRAMA which Sonar will be used upon Kalvari ? Because I do remember reading how the original sonar was not expected to perform that well here, so IN went for another one from Thales?

If its so , then I feel that the whole leak is based on outdated data, as now if the sonar hasn't been used anywhere , how does its performance in warm waters here are there released ?

Yes the boats of Chile and Malaysia flaunts TSM 2233 Mk 2 sonar , while there is another sonar names S Cube from Thales

What do you see here?
I see a operation manual.. true it should not be in public domain.. But does it compromise our security? I mean such a manual and details are given out to multiple navies .. even a RFI and a tender even if you fail will have such details.. So i am sure our adversaries already have such details.. so what exactly is new thats being shared? I think its just bcz gullible masses will now see how a "OIM" looks like from inside and will feel everything is out and nothing to hide anymore scenario..

Yup. Operating manual. It will be accessible in general to all. A process to stall modernization program?

@PARIKRAMA which Sonar will be used upon Kalvari ? Because I do remember reading how the original sonar was not expected to perform that well here, so IN went for another one from Thales?

If its so , then I feel that the whole leak is based on outdated data, as now if the sonar hasn't been used anywhere , how does its performance in warm waters here are there ?

Yes its outdated.. here is a picture i have posted before.. now with a much better clarity.. why these dox are not the real stuff for us

dcns2.jpg

Notice the front - Design modification... thats for S-CUBE SONAR which is an upgraded version of TSM 2233 Mk 2 sonar

upload_2016-8-25_22-44-38.png

upload_2016-8-25_22-45-4.png

upload_2016-8-25_22-45-24.png

Something more interesting .. Its from Peter Coates.. His blog has followed Sea 1000 very closely and is a good source of open source information for all UW stuff..

upload_2016-8-25_22-23-27.png

Oh Yes P75I as per the green link

upload_2016-8-25_22-24-52.png

upload_2016-8-25_22-24-9.png

Source: http://gentleseas.blogspot.in/2016/08/who-might-gain-from-leak-of-dcns.html

@Abingdonboy @MilSpec @Vergennes @SpArK @anant_s @Ankit Kumar 002 @hellfire

Last edited:
so the sensationalism continues

View attachment 328827
View attachment 328828
View attachment 328829View attachment 328830View attachment 328831View attachment 328834View attachment 328837
https://theaustralianatnewscorpau .files. wordpress.com/2016/08/system-and-operating-data. pdf

@hellfire @Ankit Kumar 002 @Abingdonboy @anant_s @Nilgiri
What do you see here?

The First Set of released documents - the redacted was done professionally - the second set looks very hurried!. One can make a case that since the first set didn't get the desired effect. The second set was made to release ASAP with hap-hazard redaction. Come On Aussie reporters be professional in your work!

Yes 6 units of S Cube Sonar were ordered from Thales.And Brazil too has ordered it. https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/worldwide/defence/s-cube-integrated-submarine-sonar-suite

And guess what , none of the units has been operational , so the data about sonar is not applicable here at all.
You want the sonar frequency range?
its 10Hz to 250 Khz
upload_2016-8-25_23-21-24.png

upload_2016-8-25_23-22-7.png

Source: https://www.thalesgroup.com/sites/default/files/asset/document/12895_thales_tus_gb_hd_p.pdf

Imagine if a simple presentation for public gives the range so a detailed presentation wont have much finer details of individual array ranges? will that be restricted to only manuals?

The First Set of released documents - the redacted was done professionally - the second set looks very hurried!. One can make a case that since the first set didn't get the desired effect. The second set was made to release ASAP with hap-hazard redaction. Come On Aussie reporters be professional in your work!
Solid point my friend.. its done asap to counter the way Indian gov and Indian Navy said its not important..

Now our media fellows will play it up .. check that main aussie author tweet
upload_2016-8-25_23-27-27.png

upload_2016-8-25_23-28-21.png

upload_2016-8-25_23-29-18.png

upload_2016-8-25_23-30-18.png

You want the sonar frequency range?
its 10Hz to 250 Khz
View attachment 328888
View attachment 328889

Source: https://www.thalesgroup.com/sites/default/files/asset/document/12895_thales_tus_gb_hd_p.pdf

Imagine if a simple presentation for public gives the range so a detailed presentation wont have much finer details of individual array ranges? will that be restricted to only manuals?

Solid point my friend.. its done asap to counter the way Indian gov and Indian Navy said its not important..

Now our media fellows will play it up .. check that main aussie author tweet
View attachment 328892

View attachment 328893

View attachment 328894
View attachment 328895
I do like Vishu Som , BUT this reaction to this and his reply to the aussie reporter , show he is happy about the leaks and envious of the reporter for his coup of the century! - :o:

Back
Top Bottom