What's new

Senegal Air Force Chief meets Sohail Aman

Selling arms creates leverage and affects perceptions - which matter a great deal in trade. I wish people would stop harping on this issue.

Senegal is a beautiful country and I have met some wonderful people from there. As economy expands, so does the need to defend it from physical harm. It would be good if we were to sell them arms that they obviously need.

Senegal borders Mali which has a serious AQ-related armed militancy problem. Why would Senegal not want to protect itself from that threat spilling in? It is the right time for them to invest in exactly a system like JF-17.

forget about the jf-17.... dayyum that dude is tall :o
i wonder how tall he is from my senegalese friends.... then i can compare me in the picture.

now lets talk about jf-17..
its a cost effective fighter and it sure does have its markets.... now the sales might be stalling.... it will rise in future for sure after countries show satisfaction

SAF expresses desire to enhance cooperation with PAF
February 9, 2017

SAF expresses desire to enhance cooperation with PAF
ISLAMABAD, Feb 9 (APP): Senegal Air Force on Thursday
expressed the desire to enhance bilateral relations with Pakistan Air Force.
The desire was expressed by the visiting Chief of Air Staff Senegal Air Force Brigadier General Birame Diop here on Thursday while meeting with Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Suhail Aman at his office.
On his arrival at the Air Headquarters, the distinguished
guest was received by Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman.
According to a PAF news release, the visiting guest called on
the Pakistan Air Chief in his office.
Both the dignitaries remained together for some time and
discussed matters of professional and mutual interest.
The Chief of Senegalese Air Force lauded the sound
professionalism of Pakistan Air Force personnel.
He expressed his desire to enhance the mutual cooperation
between the two Air Forces.
Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman offered all out support to the
Senegalese Air Force in the field of aviation training.
Air Chief also presented souvenir to the distinguished guest.

forget about the jf-17.... dayyum that dude is tall :o
i wonder how tall he is from my senegalese friends.... then i can compare me in the picture.

now lets talk about jf-17..
its a cost effective fighter and it sure does have its markets.... now the sales might be stalling.... it will rise in future for sure after countries show satisfaction

Sir,

The sale has to start before it starts to stall.

Sir,

The sale has to start before it starts to stall.
sir,

it won't stall.... the sales won't jump 0-10 as this is your first fighter.... with more satisfaction and confidence.... i am sure y'all will have high rise in customers within 5 years...

Hi,

I very much doubt that Senegal is looking for the JF17---. They are just possibly looking for training and general upgrades in their operational capabilities.

Hi,

I very much doubt that Senegal is looking for the JF17---. They are just possibly looking for training and general upgrades in their operational capabilities.

I think Pakistan can be one-stop-shop for them for almost all of their airforce needs. If only we were producing K-8s...

:pakistan:
PAF-SAF-01-APP-692x360.png

Senegal is better to go with

• MFI-395 Super Mushshak 10 Units (Basic Trainer)
  • 50 K-8 package for light ground ops (5 Trainer / 45 Operations)
  • And may be 18-24 , JF- 17 thunder 1-2 Squadrons nice start
Reasonable start

• Also never hurts to order Hamza APC :enjoy:
Nice advise . I hope they make you the defense minister of Senegal:yahoo:
And any reason why horns of Africa are approaching Pakistan Army? Previously Nigeria and now Senegal. It's due to price factor?

Pakistan should export a lot more arms and military equipment to Africa, currently we are doing ok.

Last edited:
Perhaps you have misunderstood me. Perhaps our definition of racism is different and our understanding of what the religion of Allah SWT , the religion of Ibrahim RA says is perhaps different. My apologies and my avatar praises God - even sinners are allowed to praise God, right? May Allah SWT correct us gently, lovingly, kindly and guide us onto the right path.

Let me clarify, I am not against selling of JF 17 . I am FOR prosperity of Pakistan and Pakistanis .

No harm done, but I did find the post to have racist undertones. And I do not want a non muslim to see your post and find it racist and then see your avatar and think that Muslims are racists yet talk about racial unity and the universal message of Islam. I am not stopping you or anyone from praising God.

Congradulation to Pakistan , and KAMRA , China
54c651b0b1f77.jpg

Also for People of Senegal the Thunder will help protect Senegal's Airspace
Looks like we are very close to "Kushkhabri"

Would be suprised if this is not indeed a full Package

• Training Crafts (Basic) Super Mushhak
  • K-8 Jet Trainer (Trainer / Ops)
  • JF17 Thunder (Obviously the real deal )

Certainly the craft has come to great distance since its inception , made its presentation in many Air Shows and finally we are seeing positive results

Last edited:
Nice advise . I hope they make you the defense minister of Senegal:yahoo:
And any reason why horns of Africa are approaching Pakistan Army? Previously Nigeria and now Senegal. It's due to price factor?
Horn of africa? If u say butt of africa that i can understand. :D
The reason is "cost effective"/(cheap) yet good enough solutions by battle hardened army.

With a growth rate of 6.5% in 2015 and a rate of 6.4% during the first quarter of 2016, Senegal is the second fastest growing economy in West Africa, behind Côte d’Ivoire. Pakistan should tap this rising market before bigger players join it.
Good relations with International community is better for our exports, we can hope some fruits from this relations.

Back
Top Bottom