What's new

Senators fear China may use CPEC to enhance trade with India

We don't have to worry about it. It will add something into Pakistan's economy if such thing happened but I know India will be most uncomfortable to utilize such route

I am in favour of having economic relationship with the neighbours even if it means India. China and India shares border already so they can definitely explore the road link if Pakistan didn't allow an access to Western China through Pakistan

It would be the easiest route for India to access Central Asia. It would also help Pakistan generate a pretty penny just from transit fees let alone lodging and fuel sales. However, the drivers from India must be cleared and registered with the Pakistani authorities with a sovereign guarantee from Indian government, because let's face it; the two countries don't trust each other.
This would be a winning situation for all countries involved; Pakistan would be earning something for nothing and India would gain trade access through the most direct route possible. This arrangement would also provide an interdependence situation so like energy deals between Russia and European states, so the threat of armed conflict would be greatly reduced. Which would bring stability and eventually, investment.

Hashish intellect... Anything transported through land is 10-12 times costly than water. Best route is through Bay of Bengal. Why would China export by covering 7000 KMs through road distance and inflate the cost more than 200% of factory outlet.

Off- topic ? The point was , first complete the CPEC , then you can be in a vantage point regarding who you are going to allow to use the CPEC .....
Perhaps you have not seen the news how the first convoy went and unloaded cargoes in gwadar

Hashish intellect... Anything transported through land is 10-12 times costly than water. Best route is through Bay of Bengal. Why would China export by covering 7000 KMs through road distance and inflate the cost more than 200% of factory outlet.
Exactly, so much on hashish that they are willing to invest more than 46 b dollar. GAWD what are they even thinking about??

Trust me this CPEC is nothing but a gateway to Colonise and send us to mars

I concur with members who r in favor of allowing trade with India. It gives us a card to wield against them when they try to heat up the border or LOC, for example.

That said, unlike Pakistani leaders, when Indian leaders call Pakistan their enemy, they truly mean it. No one is foolish enough to place one's interests at the mercy of the enemy, especially where there is no dire need to do so. Only a highly corrupt Indian leader would agree to such a thing, and he would milk every last ounce of bribe out of it.

Rather than worrying about granting CPEC access to India, we need to worry about Pakistani officials who r basically boot lickers of India.

Exactly, so much on hashish that they are willing to invest more than 46 b dollar. GAWD what are they even thinking about??

Lol!! At least read now about CPEC, i beg you... It's 90% loan, it's not FDI.

Anyways, this is for you to figure out... Instead of a sea route from Arabian sea - Indian Ocean - Pacific Ocean which is 1/12th the cost of land transportation, Why would China unload lacs of barrel of oil at Gwadar, fill it in tankers and cover through roads for almost 8000 KMs to it's population centers. That $40 barrel would become unaffordable by the time it reaches it's destination.

Only logic for CPEC i can think of, is that it's a redundant route made in case Pacific or Indian ocean routes are blocked. The only problem is, it's not made on chinese money but loan given to Pakistan who has to pay the interest + committed returns through it's nose. In other words, they have actually made you pay for their redundant route + earning from it without any obligation to transport anything. I hope you realize why the containers were empty:enjoy:.

Anyways, this is for you to figure out... Instead of a sea route from Arabian sea - Indian Ocean - Pacific Ocean which is 1/12th the cost of land transportation, Why would China unload lacs of barrel of oil at Gwadar, fill it in tankers and cover through roads for almost 8000 KMs to it's population centers. That $40 barrel would become unaffordable by the time it reaches it's destination.

Only logic for CPEC i can think of, is that it's a redundant route made in case Pacific or Indian ocean routes are blocked. The only problem is, it's not made on chinese money but loan given to Pakistan who has to pay the interest + committed returns through it's nose. In other words, they have actually made you pay for their redundant route + earning from it without any obligation to transport anything. I hope you realize why the containers were empty:enjoy:.
I know We are doomed man. It is no wonder that french has shown interest along with Turkey who is rushing to buy domestic appliance industry ( Dawlance) With Renault starting assemble in Karachi on 2018. Audi Ag also planning to bring in low-end cars. I know these all factors are pushing us towards doom. Indians have always warned us, but we never listen to them. That to China is so stupid Helping us build power plants to reduce chronic power shortages, not to mention the engineer they will bring their own :(

We are so doomed. I wonder how comes Indian were able to scan for the containers and claim it were empty ? Trust me no one on planet earth makes fakes claims like Sir G kal strike hogi and all. I hope you understand that our doom is causing you enough pain that all you people have to do is warn us every single day. That indeed shows how much of pain it will become for you

Why would China unload lacs of barrel of oil at Gwadar
Exactly when it can down pipeline. So stupid of them, I know right !

Dude you are new to the forum. Same (fdi or loan,shortest route or redundant route, good or bad) has been discussed about CPEC well and in complete detail. Please go through those topics before coming up with your Indian media shIt.

China’s trade with India is already huge. According to a report I read in India times during the first 4 months of 2016, Indian exports to China were $7.56-billion and imports from China $52.26-billion. Total trade volume being $60-billion.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ion-in-april-january/articleshow/51223260.cms

Whereas Pakistan’s total trade volume during 12 months ( 2014 2015) was:

Quote “Bilateral trade volume, which amounted to $4 billion in 2006-7, reached an all-time at $12 billion in 2014-15. Pakistan’s exports jumped to $2.1 billion in 2014-15 from $575 million in 2006-07. Correspondingly, China’s exports to Pakistan increased to $10.1 billion in 2014-15 from $3.5 billion in 2006-07.” Unquote

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1130268/free-trade-agreement-pakistan-failed-comes-trade-china/

You can see China /India trade volume is already 10 times that of Pakistan/ China. How much additional benefit would China gain from CPEC?

For heaven’s sake. Why are we paranoid about India? It appears that my compatriots still lack the maturity to understand that “If you are my friend, don’t be friendly with my enemy" only works for school kids but not in the real world. For example, can any rational thinking person justify PTI boycotting the parliament session during Erdogan’s address?

This is not an insult to Nawaz Sharif but a snub to Turkey and against all norms of hospitality to an honoured guest. Regrettably, no one in the PTI top echelons including Asad Omer, has the spine to point out this act of immaturity to Imran Khan. But then Imran Khan is only a hybrid and not a real Pashtun who are famous for their hospitality.

Last edited:
Why would Pakistan stop Chinese export? I am interested to hear your wonderful explanations?

You said Pakistan can hold India ransom by stopping Indo-Chinese trade. And Indo-Chinese trade is basically Chinese exports to India.

So you are advocating stopping Chinese exports by holding India ransom. Haha.

And how this is bad news? This senator again clearly look like on salary of someone.

is this just a imaginery thought by pakistani think tank,

or

china has given this hint to pakistan govt.

???

Back
Top Bottom